#Ingress day 7, 0400 hours
#Ingress day 7, 0400 hours
I thought I would get out early this morning for a little recon. The temperature is hovering around the freezing mark so my thought is that the cold will keep some folks indoors. So with phone in one pocket and gps in the other, I'm heading out, specifically for a portal I spotted three days ago. Latest intel says the portal is unclaimed.
0530 hours
I swear someone, or something, is following me. But when I stop, I hear nothing. Strange. I check and I'm not wearing anything that indicates I'm #resistance or #enlightenment , but a neutral party. Close range scan reveals nothing, and the only thing on thermal imaging is me. Trekking on.
0615 hours
Just over this ridge is the portal. Long range scan reveals movement around the portal. I must use stealth as I reach the summit of this ridge.....and.......ok, there are people in the area. The portal is still giving off a gray glow, so it appears to be available. Wait, something is happening.....woah, it's Joe Philley, and he's handing out what appears to be codes. But codes to what? What do these codes do......OMG, they are #Ingress codes!!! Instantly people are joining #enlightenment or #resistance ! What looks like friendship between people is turning into all out war!! I can use this to my advantage. They are all occupied fighting each other that no one is going after the portal. This is my chance.
0700 hours
It's been a pretty brutal battle for the past 45 minutes. With the glow of the colors blue and green I really can't tell specifically what is happening but from the sounds of it, it's a very heated battle. Wait, there are bright lights approaching from the far side of the portal. It appears to be some type of vehicle....maybe if I get a little closer....
0720 hours
I managed to crawl another 100 or so feet closer. Doing a close range scan now......HOLY SH.......it's Brandon Badger and Brian Rose!! Where did they come from? They are speaking, but the language is unfamiliar to me.....NO!!! They are instantly turning #resistance members into #enlightenment !! This is not good. The entire area is giving off a green glow with only single bits of blue. But they are still not advancing on the portal. Now is my chance. I may not make it back, but I'm taking out as many as I can in the process.
0730 hours
GO! GO! GO! I made it to the portal. Hacking now! Come on, hurry. HURRY!!! SUCCESS!!! Taking my chances on a second hack....I know it's risky but I need.........Wait. Everything stopped.....suddenly the sound of battle has stopped.....what's happening? I look around to discover I'm surrounded by #enlightenment . I knew this was going to be a one way ticket when I left. But if I'm going, I'm taking them with me.......now to set off this Xmp Burster........
1500 hours
I awoke in medical bay 4. Right arm and both legs bandaged. My friend JD Wallace was standing beside me. Apparently the Xmp Burster went off and threw me into the portal, rendering me unconscious, but neutralizing all #enlightenment in the area. Resonators were installed and upgraded and a portal shield was placed, then the portal was linked with another that finished a zone that covers the entire area. For now, we are save. We may have won the battle, but the war continues.
We've been fighting a long time. We are out numbered by #enlightenment . Working around the clock, without quit. #Resistance has a strength that cannot be measured. This is Rhinehart. If you are listening to this,you are the #resistance .
I thought I would get out early this morning for a little recon. The temperature is hovering around the freezing mark so my thought is that the cold will keep some folks indoors. So with phone in one pocket and gps in the other, I'm heading out, specifically for a portal I spotted three days ago. Latest intel says the portal is unclaimed.
0530 hours
I swear someone, or something, is following me. But when I stop, I hear nothing. Strange. I check and I'm not wearing anything that indicates I'm #resistance or #enlightenment , but a neutral party. Close range scan reveals nothing, and the only thing on thermal imaging is me. Trekking on.
0615 hours
Just over this ridge is the portal. Long range scan reveals movement around the portal. I must use stealth as I reach the summit of this ridge.....and.......ok, there are people in the area. The portal is still giving off a gray glow, so it appears to be available. Wait, something is happening.....woah, it's Joe Philley, and he's handing out what appears to be codes. But codes to what? What do these codes do......OMG, they are #Ingress codes!!! Instantly people are joining #enlightenment or #resistance ! What looks like friendship between people is turning into all out war!! I can use this to my advantage. They are all occupied fighting each other that no one is going after the portal. This is my chance.
0700 hours
It's been a pretty brutal battle for the past 45 minutes. With the glow of the colors blue and green I really can't tell specifically what is happening but from the sounds of it, it's a very heated battle. Wait, there are bright lights approaching from the far side of the portal. It appears to be some type of vehicle....maybe if I get a little closer....
0720 hours
I managed to crawl another 100 or so feet closer. Doing a close range scan now......HOLY SH.......it's Brandon Badger and Brian Rose!! Where did they come from? They are speaking, but the language is unfamiliar to me.....NO!!! They are instantly turning #resistance members into #enlightenment !! This is not good. The entire area is giving off a green glow with only single bits of blue. But they are still not advancing on the portal. Now is my chance. I may not make it back, but I'm taking out as many as I can in the process.
0730 hours
GO! GO! GO! I made it to the portal. Hacking now! Come on, hurry. HURRY!!! SUCCESS!!! Taking my chances on a second hack....I know it's risky but I need.........Wait. Everything stopped.....suddenly the sound of battle has stopped.....what's happening? I look around to discover I'm surrounded by #enlightenment . I knew this was going to be a one way ticket when I left. But if I'm going, I'm taking them with me.......now to set off this Xmp Burster........
1500 hours
I awoke in medical bay 4. Right arm and both legs bandaged. My friend JD Wallace was standing beside me. Apparently the Xmp Burster went off and threw me into the portal, rendering me unconscious, but neutralizing all #enlightenment in the area. Resonators were installed and upgraded and a portal shield was placed, then the portal was linked with another that finished a zone that covers the entire area. For now, we are save. We may have won the battle, but the war continues.
We've been fighting a long time. We are out numbered by #enlightenment . Working around the clock, without quit. #Resistance has a strength that cannot be measured. This is Rhinehart. If you are listening to this,you are the #resistance .
Comments
Post a Comment