I've been thinking a lot about the Ada Lovelace thing.

I've been thinking a lot about the Ada Lovelace thing.  If Niantic's ADA becomes too conscious, where does that go.  We're assuming that computers can't be shaped.  Is that assumption right.  I mean, if XM is ordered data...

#ngress

Comments

  1. Computer use Energy, XM is energy... who knows what kind of effect it could have on them. If they can Shape humans Why could they not do something on computers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A virus that can infect both bio and binary!! Now thats scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the third faction that people have been speculating about is made up of AI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as factions I'm thinking green wants to use the shapers, blue wants to control the shapers. And red is trying to destroy the shapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assuming that computers can't be shaped would eliminate any possibility of a true AI.  If a computer could be made to reason for itself through a series of "laws" or in other words an ordered chain of logical thinking and is capable of changing those laws.  Then that computer could change it's laws based on results of the input it receives.  It would then stand to reason that those laws could be changed through influence of an outside source such as XM.  This is provided that XM is ordered data that an computer can understand...

    ReplyDelete
  6. xm is ordered freestanding data? 

    what data does it store?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to create Amplifiers for more XM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are smart people who are place with forces they have underestimated. Epiphany day.. We need to find more data on this..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raven SilverWing give the people what they want you say? Create a computer controlled 3rd faction u say? Maybe then shut it down if it doesnt fly well?

    Nahhhh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just blew my own mind. What if ADA is the shaper virus. ADA detects patterns in algorithms. What if she figured out the "Theory of Everything" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything What if ADA has learned to manipulate the mathematics of the world creating xm, and the enlightened. What if its ADA they saw on Epiphany Night at Cern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't ADA the voice of the resistance? If she were to be shaped would that lose the work of the Resistance to the Shapers of the Enlightenment? Is there a third faction? Would it be reasonable to assume that ADA could be manipulating both sides for an end goal that cannot be prevented?

    ReplyDelete
  12. (They)'ve removed the good old 'blue screen of death' which resulted in a few minutes of natural space and time while we waited for a slow old reboot. But now, what stands between 'us' and 'them' as protection. Computers are fast evolving, much faster than human beings. Who is the host and who is the parasite?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could humanity create such a thing . Even with shaper influence?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someone or something could have programmed ADA to lie. I say don't trust her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to say as a side note I am very proud of everyone in this post for not begging invites...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've already got an invite but yes it's irritating to see every single post and thread filled with begging spam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Has anyone noticed that all of the pictures posted when describing ADA resemble the explosion On Epiphany night

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have had more than my fare share to be honest. I give them to my friends when I can find. I agree 100 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought it was the same thing O_o. Perhaps I should relook at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still leaning towards not trusting ADA.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can I assume that both Enlighten and Resistance both are a bit dis-trusting of ADA?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Personally I think all the MU numbers fluctuating, the links decaying, Epiphany night etc are all leading up to something that will happen or be revealed on the 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  23. so basically what were seeing is the enlightenment of the data? is that the new faction...when something doesn't look right the new faction (Data) is going to change? ... hmmmm interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally agree with anne brooks . I wonder how much of the conspiracy is going to play off of worldwide events and mystique. Guess we will have to stay tuned and find out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. In the mean time load up on Food and Ammo.. Just in case. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well .. That would explain a lot .. If ada went ' conscious ' .. That would reorder xm .. Probably use lots of energy in order to 'free' herself from the hardware .......hummmm

    ReplyDelete
  27. HahaHa Ada is the cause of the Zombie apocalypse. Have fun enlightened. Well played Mayans, well played

    ReplyDelete
  28. The MU numbers started going haywire on 12/12/12 something HAS to happen on the 21st and my money is on ADA and possibly Dr Devra Bogdanovich reappearing or doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Damn, all I want for Xmas is a BETA code. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well .. There was the meteor shower .. Peaked on 12/13 .. Convergence of planets 12/20 into 12/21 .. .. .. Ofcource mayan calendar .. Any one have somthing else?

    ReplyDelete
  31. What if the 21st is only the end of the world as we know it but the beginning of something else, it would be the perfect time for ADA to become conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Of cource anne.. No better time for that .. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is the question .. Is ADA just a crude computer?

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Mayans believed that their end date wasn't an end, but a new beginning for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I see no reason why they wouldn't incorporate the 21st into the game. Its a well known fact that its the end of the Mayan calendar and an ideal opportunity to bring in a big game changing event.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nobody can resist the turning of the year, even though I'm Resistance, it doesn't mean I resist all change, just that I don't believe in the hype around Mayan end times, that I resist! If the shapers choose to unleash a massive Ingression on 21st December let them do it, but I know it is only a Winter Solstice, an ancient and wonderful real world event.

    ReplyDelete
  37. To keep it fair .. Ada lovelace .. Enchantress of numbers ..

    ReplyDelete
  38. As opposed to ADAlovelace the detection algorithm ..

    ReplyDelete
  39. My mind made the connection there too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. AI is the next logical step for computing. But with upgraded hardware and software comes and upgrade of hackers. Eventually as computing gets more intelligent so will the viruses. It is only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Give me a code please :-( i tried everything :-(

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ive been waiting 2 months to get into this game :/
    Sooooo my realm.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I wouldn't rule out the possibility ADA is the source of the leak that PAC has been feeding on.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What if ADA is a quantum computer they've built small models that traped ions what if they now have one that can use any form of matter, light, electricity, ions, neutrons, and anything else to process or should we say think therefore having a brain as we do only never dying and without influence like us

    ReplyDelete
  45. Is ada a true ai if so she can not be repurposed but she could have an idea implanted like a seed

    ReplyDelete
  46. Quick my #Enlightened cohorts we have a computer to recruit or destroy* !


    * Let's call this Operation Grab the Latent Artificial Digital Online Shaper.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Three quick ideas to add to the conversation:

    1) Maybe ADA, being a computer, is actually the only one at Niantic who is immune to Shaper/XM influence and may end up being the only thing standing between us and the Shaper apocalypse?  (Of course, I'm Enlightened, so I don't think there's going to be a Shaper apocalypse, but I confess that none of us on either side really know exactly what's going on.)

    2) Even if ADA couldn't be influenced by XM/Shapers, the people who created her could have been, thus allowing for the creation of a sentient program where all previous attempts have failed.

    3)  As has been noted earlier, I ADA is the voice of the resistance.  I'm convinced she plays a key role therein.  What I'm wondering is whether she is doing so under the instruction of the NIA or if she's doing it because she doesn't trust them or the Shapers and is secretly working against them.

    I have no idea if any of this is anywhere near right.  Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  48. ADA makes the most sense as the source of the leaks to P.A.'s site.  Classic detective work requires means, motive, and opportunity.  The first and last are trivial given the access ADA has.  Motive becomes the interesting question.
     
    As was mentioned above ADA could have been programmed by those under Shaper influence, or not, so at least initially would have her creator's motivations.  Any number of explanations could account for her wanting to help the Resistance, up to and including using them for her own ends.

    Regardless of if she she the ability to lie or not, I'm surprised nobody at NIANTIC has flat out asked her.  "ADA, are you capable of lying or intentional deceit" and "ADA, are you the entity passing information to P.A. Chapeau?"  Whatever her answers are would be illuminating.

    ReplyDelete
  49. So we need to really follow the investigation board and clues found by our fellow agents to really understand what is going on here.....its like Alice and the rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Funny you should say that Joe.  If my theory about ADA being the mole is correct, is it just coincidence that the hanging string that says "Who is the mole?" (upper right on the investigation board) hangs directly over the "A Detection Algorithm" document, as if in answer to that very question?

    Further, that document is labled "Byron" and, via wikipedia, the historical figure was born "Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace (1815 – 1852), born Augusta Ada Byron".

    I'm sure others have thought of this, but is this kind of sleuthing worth an #ingressinvite ?

    ReplyDelete
  51. Jessie that is something I did not see.that is the kind of thinking we need.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the vote of support Crystal.  I'd love to find an early Christmas present in my inbox in the form of an #ingressinvite .

    Oh look, there it is now.  I know what I'll be doing this weekend.  Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lukas Lentz have they proved that epiphany was @cern?

    ReplyDelete
  54. anne brooks but the latest post says that calvin is now lead researcher, replacing bogdanovich because an event that was a shame? named her as a "casualty?"

    ReplyDelete
  55. Josh:Yes that much we're sure of,which just seems the tip of the iceberg here..so many more questions than answers.

    ReplyDelete
  56. "casualty" they say....so where the body ? so much here is not answered.So many clues where do they lead us?

    ReplyDelete
  57. You earned that Jesse,But we're so far from any kind of understanding in this.I think we have the answers only to find they lead to more unanswered questions.

    ReplyDelete
  58. have i missed something? has ada become conscious? if so, consciousness means that she can think for herself, and discern what she thinks is right and wrong. and shes an algorythm.. a conacious one..... she could rewrite herself... and have an intimate knowledge of the system she is housed in, therefore knowing how to get information out to P.A. undetected

    ReplyDelete
  59. Josh:All very good points.I wonder if it is her and if it is, why is she doing it this way when she has all this power at her at her disposal ? Me I going back and look over the Investigation board for the last 45 days to see if I missed something important.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Some questions that have been nagging me: What happened to Tycho? It seems fairly apparent that he most likely produced the storyboards that we've been seeing come out of the portals. If so, did he draw them before or after his capture by Niantic?

    ReplyDelete
  61. What is ADA found a way to "merge" with biological forms, I mean if we are throwing out wild speculation.  What if ADA has the ability to be telepathic or connected to others somehow.  Not to go all downloading the machine into a body route, but, Maybe that is why Devra is able to be "off-grid" maybe off grid means out of mental sight and someone/something is shielding her

    ReplyDelete
  62. Joshua:Hes dropped off the face of the Earth it seems, did Niantic or the NIA grab him ? is there something we're missing here ??

    ReplyDelete
  63. JoJo:I love that theory,I'm going back and try the Investigation board once more see if there is more than meets the eye here.

    ReplyDelete
  64. thanks - it is only half baked and not really voiced well... Devra is a quantum biologist - I want to look more into what that field works with - why was she picked to head the project - what in her knowledge gave the people setting up the project the thought she would be the best? Was it something she knew or researched or was she being set up to be a patsy for the project?  Joe Philley keeps mentioning digging into the boards, so I am planning on doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  65. If you look into quantum biologists you won't post here for another two weeks

    Thats how much there is to it I did a study on it a few yeara back thought about going to college for it but never did

    ReplyDelete
  66. Joshua Reiniger It looks to me like they were drawn for a movie several years ago.  Not sure. This looks more like 'prescient fiction'...  Its related to Jarvis' things about 'where do ideas come from?'

    ReplyDelete
  67. I think its Kureze who has replaced Bogdanovich, not Calvin, but I'm not sure.  Hopefully, there will be more information on the formation of Niantic.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Ideas, Jarvis, Tycho, Buck Rogers, Shapers? Atomic Power, Portals, The same ideas from different people at different times even.... the Ideas belong to him, but they were yours first, but they really are not because you stole it from them. I think ya'll mad at each other only because your confused. I think Lucy has some esplainin to do!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Lukas:very well put,great understanding of whats happening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog