Something everybody can enjoy.

Something everybody can enjoy.

Originally shared by Chris Fithall

Artistic Google 2012: A Perspective

Happy new year to all Artistic Google contributors and followers. Actually, happy new year to everyone else as well.

I first became involved in Artistic Google in March (about two months after it started) thanks to Lucia Moore who, directly or indirectly, has been responsible for recruiting a very high number of AG contributors. Since then, it seems to have taken up a lot of my spare time. I'm not complaining though as it combines my interests in Google Street View and graphic software with the added bonus of contact with a whole bunch of really friendly people from all over the world.

Here are some of my thoughts on Artistic Google in 2012:

1. Favourite image: Island in the Storm (France) by Amos Bairn. The post is here:http://goo.gl/60gKt.

2. Favourite street view find: A Lonely Umbrella (Thailand) by Jamal Masood http://goo.gl/mUA6E.

3. Favourite location: Tuscany and Provence.

4. Least favourite location: Macau.

5. Location that most pleasantly surprised me: Romania.

6. Most frustrating thing about Google Street View: Villages listed as being the most picturesque in a country on web sites like frommers.com but not visited by the GSV camera.

7. Most frustrating thing about towns in street view: overhead cables.

8. Best coffee table book possibilities: Buildings by Lucia Moore and Interiors by Shawna Mac.

9. My worst AG fear: Posting images that annoy people or that they really dislike.

10. Most unbelievable thing about AG for me: So many people see/+1/comment on/share images I create even though I am not artistic.

Finally, thanks to the curators throughout the year (Jan McCartney, Rob Robinson, Chee Yow, Jamal Masood, Penelope Taylor, Amos Bairn and Ken Rathke, who I think may have started Artistic Google). You are awesome.
http://goo.gl/60gKt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks