This is whats its all about.Team work

This is whats its all about.Team work

Originally shared by Nick Dumas (Garaxiel)

Fellow #ingress  players, i wanted to share a story with you all so you know not only what kind of community your joining, but also the kind of community we as a whole are trying to build.

During Operation Green Snow one of our teammates Jonathan Devine a.k.a TheDentist was out with us and at the end of the mission on his way home plugged in his phone.  When he did there was a pop fizzle and the magic smoke came out of the wires frying not just his charger, but the phone too. Not only is this just devastating on a normal level, but the man had portals that needed defending!!

To add insult to injury he didn't have an upgrade coming up til may and we all know how expensive phones are out of contract. 

So when he told us about this back on G+ we all started seeing if we had a phone we could give him, he was on ATT and most of us were not or their phone was way to old to run ingress.  We all offered the throw in some money to buy him a new phone but he declined it.  We told him we'd all pitch in and get him a used one off ebay and while he was gracious, he wanted to try and find something else to use.

Thankfully, another member of our group, Joe Casinelli a.k.a. Iclesis had a spare phone that could run ingress, and was on ATT that he is going to let Jonathan use.  He even told him to just hang on to it until he could get his upgrade if need be.  We all were stoked we could help a fellow player out so quickly.

I just want to show the front-man dev's like Brandon Badger Brian Rose and Joe Philley the kind of communities you are building with such a great game and the players behind the game.  It wouldn't be possible without you guys and the teams you work with making this awesome game. 

So no matter what team you are on, remember what this game is all about, making new friends and helping people out, across enemy lines or on the same team, it doesn't matter.  Be nice, and have fun.  I hope you all enjoyed this.

#ingressenlightened   #ingressresistance   #ingresscomm

Comments

  1. That's awesome is always awesome knowing people are able to help out like that. Good job guys! My friends all have this game so as of now since I'm waiting on my #ingressinvite I get to be the designated driver making sure portal having is a safe process

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the I ingress idea is great. Tech often enables us to be virtually connected but physically disconnected. Ingress leverages the tech side and encourages physical interactions. Well done. Adding ham radios to the mix would bring it to another level. Now if I could only get an invite to join the community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, this game has made me walk more than I have in a long time, and I've discovered places I normally never would have visited. It gets me out of the house, and I get to meet new people who share a common interest. It's also awesome to feel like an undercover agent deep in enemy territory, trying not to seem too conspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nokidding I hear ya right now driving my friends around is the best way I can be part of the community but it allows me to be a part of the action and decide ways to conquer new area since my Area is highly opposed. Not to mention is a great game that allows you to be out and about physically active social as well as mentally occupied. Great job guys Anne Beuttenmüller Joe Philley Brian Rose Brandon Badger brani can't wait to join the community myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the game but since i play turf for exercise i have to say ingress is nothing compared to it. ingress is slow and pretty much useless in many places since portals arent really something you see alot of here in sweden if you dont live in a big town. I like it, its different but as a way of getting exercise.. no way.

    it can only get better though ofcourse ;) 2 of my suggestions got approved so i am slowly getting happier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old michigander in need of invite to explore the mitten

    ReplyDelete
  7. email sent, yes it is a great community i have actually met some friends and had some good laughs while out on the hacking route i would definitely suggest this game to friends. its set apart from the stay at home, sit in a chair type of game

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to have an ingress invite. Can someone help me to have one please. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats great :)  i havnt met any other players  face to fasce but have gotten  help and advice from awesome people :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have met several new people because the game and even though they chose the incorrect side (they argue I did.. Which I did not.) They are cool. Several of them I would love to run into again and grab a beer with. A few have even made that offer.

    Keep up the good work everyone and as always, stay safe. Wandering around at night can be dangerous. Keep yourself aware of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe, if you allow me, I'd love to sort of translate this story to Spanish and share it with my fellow spanish-speaking Ingress players.
    Indeed this shows the whole true spirit of the game disregarding who is blue or green.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great, thanks for sharing, can't wait to become a part of the community #patientlywaitingformyinvite :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is an awesome story, If this happens to anyone in the midwest and they need a phone right away I have 2 extras currently able to run ingress. VZW Phones

    ReplyDelete
  14. On the note of pop-fiz, I lost a mic playing in the rain - fortunately I found a low cost replacement and learned a little about the inside of my phone (yay!) but the takeaway is that playing in the elements can be hard on electronics. Be safe out there, and remember, if capacitive touch works through a screen protector, it will work through a plastic bag (yes, I tested it).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! Teamwork makes the dreamwork! I have older phones on T-Mobile in the Northeast if it happens to anyone else. I am not a member yet. I'm so excited about joining the #ingresscomm as soon as my invite gets here I'M sure I'll ditch all other apps on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Charles Bosse ...
    I have a waterproof case for mine; same thing really :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks