TO THE NIANTIC STAFF

TO THE NIANTIC STAFF

THANK YOU.
 
The last 12 days were a whirlwind of total immersion into the Ingress world for me. I decided at our Dec 22-Jan2 Christmas break that since I didn’t take a vacation last year and sorely needed one, I would call all friends and family and ask them to consider me “out of town” for Christmas even though I was in town, so I could just immerse myself in the experience and use it as a virtual vacation. Take my mind on a vacation you might say.
 
Today I got back to work and everyone was swapping vacation stories, and you know what, I had the best and most exciting vacation of any of them and all it cost me was a few tanks of gas. I saw more landmarks, art and culture than any of them all put together.  I got to be on a podcast, make a giant field, have some great meetups, fight some mighty battles, and enjoy all the hubris that went with it. I did things that never in my life would I have done before, I drove around Detroit after 2am, and saw a different city than I see in day. On Christmas evening we went to Campus Martius and were the only people there it was like we had the entire city to ourselves, actually, we did, it was a ghost town.  I have like dozens of invites to dinner and lunch for months to come…a whole new world of people I would have never otherwise met.  Funny, my kids said “you finally found your people”
 
The funny thing is the people I spent it with I didn’t even know until  days before I started the journey. Now they feel like family.  
Best part is I have my G+ account as a diary log of everything that I did and can look back through the memories.
 
Thanks for the best vacation ever. 
 
Linda Besh

#ingress   #ingressstory   #resistance   #enlightnement

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Title