Agent Brian Greene you have made my day

Agent Brian Greene you have made my day ! I'd love to name all your new friends but there just is not enough room.I've also met some great people here and now count you as one of them
#nianticproject #ing
Originally shared by Brian Greene
A harrowing adventure unfolded after the eventful day.
Staring L8 in the face, I set out on a quest. First, I had to tear down a recent field that went up while looking at the map. Killing the three links off that portal aligned my AP perfectly. I knew from there it was a simple matter of making a link for every link killed. I did the math and kept constant tabs on the map. I was set.
And then I was reminded that shields no longer give AP (thanks, zipcarmageddon). Time to recalculate!
I found myself desperately low on 5-7 xmp, and no recourse to find a local farm. Fortunately, some well-decayed portals were within driving distance and staying where I needed to. I stooped to dropping L1 xmp on a decayed L8 resonator. My xm bar cringed with every hit, but it eventually gave way. After topping off the two portals in that area, I found myself 330 shy.
So I did the only logical thing: drove to a low level portal and upgraded four resonators. I recharged the L7 that had taken a beating. Six recharges away, and most of my xm at the ready, I quickly dialed up my keys. Enemy portal. Fuller charged. Enemy, charged. Eventually, after much anticipation, I found an enlightened portal in need of some TLC. Recharge. Recharge. Recharge. Recharge. Ding!
As exciting as it was, the road to get here was filled with many blessings and happy moments. I remember seeing my activation code on Plus, and converting the ASCii to begin. I remember adding Joe Philley and following carefully as he posted a great day about the game.
Shortly after I started a game, my life changed. I found some local players and we began to chat on G+. Have you idea the size of the heart that Ian Douglas has? Numerous nights he's driven me out and we've had some wonderful discussions about life....while playing a game. I met Jake Boley and his wife shortly thereafter. Excellent people. I've formed solid friendships with Andi Brat and Siviak ThatGuy that guy. Matthew Nahas is another favorite, along with Justin Marquis . One of the real pleasures was meeting Ron Dollete , a true gentlemen and sincere guy. I've helped out lower level players, like anna belle and Nicole Johnson . I've discovered people in my area I otherwise never would have met; people who have had a lasting impact and will remain friends outside of the game. I've discovered new places to eat, places to visit, and things to do. I've had an incredible time with just the social aspect of the game, arguably the greatest aspect of the game.
A big thank you to everyone who has joined and played, and everyone that has taken the time to attend a meeting. That even goes for my favorite Smurfs out there, who I've found to be extremely pleasant, despite their poor choice in which team to support. (And for the smurfs, my 5-7 xmp may be low, but I am now able to use a very solid supply of L8 xmp.)
Enjoy the game, and enjoy each other!
First one to hit it on the nose, Joe Philley ?
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, man! It's been an awesome ride.
Congrats to you Brian!
ReplyDeleteThanks much! Now to return the streak of terror you have been on today ;-)
ReplyDeleteBtw, we need another cross-faction sushi night.
Andi said that too. I think we should
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley should join us for sushi if he's in the area.
ReplyDeleteThey'd fly Joe Philley into the area for a cross-faction sushi night.
ReplyDeleteHe'd end up taking his grandson to Disney again, so he can't complain.