Congrats agent Emmett Lollis 10 hour run to make 8 and the first in OK to boot.I see this as a tide changer for the...

Congrats agent Emmett Lollis 10 hour run to make 8 and the first in OK to boot.I see this as a tide changer for the Enlightened.
#nianticproject   #ingress  

Originally shared by Emmett Lollis (ThePortalDoctor)

Reached Level 8! / Ingress Battlefield Story

I am the first person in Tulsa/NE Oklahoma to reach level 8. That's 2 levels higher than the nearest NE Oklahoma agent on either faction. Overall I'm the 5th Oklahoman to reach 8. Here's the story of how it came to be!

This morning I woke up a little over 93,000 AP short of Level 8 and I decided to do something about it. I calculated the AP gain from destroying the 3 main resistance strongholds and while it came up about 6k short I decided it was within reach. I left at around 10:30AM and set out on an adventure that lasted 10 hours. I had a good stock of high level weapons from the massive passcode dump and took full advantage on my secret mission to level up. My first target was Glenpool which the resistance had taken from us a while back. There were 4 portals, 3 fields and 6 links. Taking them down plus full upgrade would net me 13k AP. I needed more AP so I made sure to hack every enemy portal before taking it down, that's an extra 1k of AP for every 10 portals which adds up fast. While there I happened to have 2 keys for the next city over which I could use for a quick field. Only minutes after creating it a resistance member had taken it down but that's okay because I go my AP. I stayed to burn out all the portals in the hopes of another key to complete a 2nd field. I lucked out on the very last hack and did just that.

My next target was on 71st near the IMAX where there are 3 nearby enemy portals which had several fields up but on my way I found a couple more fields I could make and portals that I could upgrade so I took advantage of that. Also on my way I needed to take back the Asbury Bishop statue which is commonly held by the Enlightened. I used L6's to take it down before they could re-charge. The IMAX area is generally where I run into a particular resistance member who always shows up in the middle of a take down and starts deploying L1's for points. I needed the max possible AP and it was getting close to the time he gets off work so I from this point on until I left the Broken Arrow area I broke out the L7s to soften the portals and L6s to finish the job. Also to speed things up I used the deploy button to lay out the resonators quick and made sure to top them off with shields.

After this I moved to Broken Arrow proper and started off at the south side of town where I knew I could create another field, then instead of moving up the line to the next nearest group of portals I hit the north side to do a couple more fields, I just barely got them in before they took down the portals I was linking to. At this point it was after 6pm and I only had about 10k to go. I had to stop to pickup liquid for my electronic cigarettes so I took care of that before they closed. Then I moved on to my final target...

T.U. T.U. has been a stronghold of the resistance ever since I can remember. I generally avoided it in fear they would retaliate against my farm. Sort of a silent truce. Well, the other day they hit my farm while I was distributing extra items to team mates. That was the spark of my 4 day rampage so I guess it's fitting that it would end at their major base. The 2 main spoked sections were on the NW and SE sides of the complex. I hit the NW side first since with 4 portals and more fields it provided the most AP. I took 3 out pretty quick with my L7's and quickly moved on to the next. After that I ended up at the huge library with more fields coming off it on the east/SE side. During that take down I hit level 8! I was so looking forward to hearing ADA announce my promotion but it was drowned out by the sounds of war. I decided to take out another 3 and test out my L8s. They were very effective without even getting very close to the portal and one burster reached to the 3rd portal past my target!

All in all this was the most adventurous session of Ingress for me to date. I'm wiped out but excited at the same time. I plan to move into more of a support role to help other agents level up for the foreseeable future.

Joe Philley You might enjoy this report :)

#Ingress   #IngressEnlightened   #IngressEnlightenedOklahoma   #IngressEnlightenedTulsa  

Comments

  1. That was me the day I level 7.  But started at 80k till leveling and ended at 13000 over the level. lol. I"m petty sure I will do it again in several days.  :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar story for level 7...about half the AP and by far NOT a 10 hours drive, but seriously, thats a soulja, glad Emmett Lollis is on our side!...and yeah!congrats!...Im sure ur lookin forward to building a lvl 8 portal with your fellow enlightened, I know I am(when the time comes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome man!!  way to push out those Resistance guys and make them work for it, great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog