Here's Why So Many Russians Have Dash Cams?
Originally shared by Ergin Kocyildirim
Here's Why So Many Russians Have Dash Cams?
An estimated one million Russian motorists have dashboard video cameras installed in their cars. This is not to capture moments like the meteor flight or even miraculous survivals of horrifying highway crashes but they are there to help stamp out police corruption.
via http://goo.gl/L3pfA
#russianmeteor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9_CJi-iOE
Here's Why So Many Russians Have Dash Cams?
An estimated one million Russian motorists have dashboard video cameras installed in their cars. This is not to capture moments like the meteor flight or even miraculous survivals of horrifying highway crashes but they are there to help stamp out police corruption.
via http://goo.gl/L3pfA
#russianmeteor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9_CJi-iOE
Thanks for sharing Joe! I was actually wondering about this... I've seen so many os these videos over the years and thought they were just trying to record accidents. Cheers,
ReplyDeleteWe need those driver cams in the US. Too many jerks on the road :-(
ReplyDeleteWith Google Glass we won't need car cams :P
ReplyDeleteХорошее видео
ReplyDeleteI tried to merge onto. I95 south today after work and some jackass wouldn't let me in. When I tried to go around, he blocked me, stopped in the middle of traffic and pulled out his iphone. he took a video of me for at least 2 minutes, I don't know what he was trying to prove. maybe I'm just good looking?
ReplyDeleteAs I understand, it's also because of rampant insurance fraud like these videos show (granted, one isn't in Russia, but the scam is the same worldwide).
ReplyDeleteScam Foiled By Dash Cam
Fake Car Accident Caught On Dash Cam!
I've been seriously considering it myself, honestly.