Why not both? It's hard to work on Glass and I don't want to carry a laptop while I walk. Asking to choose is like asking: What do you prefer: Wearing a shirt or pants? Different things for different uses.
Chromebook pixel = 1299, Google glass = 1500, Nexus 4 + Nexus 7 + Nexus 10 + Samsung Chromebook = 1200 ....Hmm... Google glass has some interesting potential, though. I hope the price comes down a lot for the final versions. The Pixel though, is another Nexus Q. Too expensive for what it does(n't) do.
This is the first time I really looked up the Chromebook Pixels specifications and I'm not blown away to be honest. Glass would win, hands down, easy choice. I don't mind paying for ingenuity and original design.
Laptop (I know its not, but thats all I see..) or cool futuretech... HMM....
If I had that much money kicking around, I'd go for Google Glass. Even if it doesn't actually do anything, I've seen "fashion statements" that cost more and don't look as cool. Totally looks like something you'd see in 2015 in Back to the Future II.
Google just needs to get on with the flying cars and self drying clothing now...
... Glass... I still want my laptop to be a laptop and my tablet/phone to be my portable internet. I just never really got chromebooks. (Also I'm a Firefox guy, so.)
Chad Noway I dunno, pilots use HUD all the time, and Glass is pretty much the definition of hands free device. Frankly, if people are ADD enough for it to be that big a distraction, they shouldn't be using bluetooth headsets, GPS, or driving in areas where they have billboards.
The potential it has just in making navigation by GPS safer is huge. No more looking away from the road to see when the next turn is... Or trying to update routes otf on a touch screen where you can't feel where your finger is hitting and HAVE to look.
Hate to say it but I don't know that many people that will pull over to update their route. Unfortunate reality is, people multitask heavlily while they're driving, illegal or not, I don't know anyone who doesn't. At least Glass would keep your nose pointing the right direction instead of down at a console or your phone.
Thanks for the link, Doug Wolfe . I haven't seen anyone use blinking text in a LONG time. It made me laugh for several seconds here in my cube. They definitely wanted to get their point across, and it's the solid dealbreaker for me. If it were half the price I'd think about it.
I'll deal with aging PCs for a few years to get glass... plus, if I get one with clear lenses I won't have to get yelled at for not wearing my eye protection.
Glasses for 1,500$, are you kidding me? Can they cook for me? Unbelievable! The next product of Google maybe will be "the coolest rock in the world", only for 5,000$
google glasses will be sold this year butt they sayed with in 12 month so i think if they will launch it, it will indeed on xmas because of the market, loke at wii u same thing
Skyla Cowan i heard something like that, but as i understood it was only for developers in the G I/O Jorne Jansen yeah, i think that them will be for sale on christmas, at least in US
"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
I have decided to fight this ! seeing the enlightened spread like the plague has made me decide to rebel .I will spread what codes I have left when I feel safe #ingress
Lets see who has been following the investigation.....Where is this ? no edits,This is worth 10 invites to the the first person who tells me where this is. #ingress You follow and give clues to http://www.nianticproject.com/ Hint:A Drone flew over this place.
I literally just posted this exact decision a min or so ago. I would choose glass.
ReplyDeleteWhy not both? It's hard to work on Glass and I don't want to carry a laptop while I walk. Asking to choose is like asking: What do you prefer: Wearing a shirt or pants? Different things for different uses.
ReplyDeleteGoogle Glass, no doubts.
ReplyDeleteNot really. $1300 is worth it for a good computer (in fact is kinda low).
ReplyDelete$1500 is freaking asinine for a beta item.
That's true Chad Noway . If we are talking specifically about Ingress then yes, Glass for SURE!
ReplyDeleteChrome book don't do #ingress
ReplyDeleteBoth that is what credit cards are for :D
ReplyDeleteChromebook pixel = 1299, Google glass = 1500, Nexus 4 + Nexus 7 + Nexus 10 + Samsung Chromebook = 1200 ....Hmm... Google glass has some interesting potential, though. I hope the price comes down a lot for the final versions. The Pixel though, is another Nexus Q. Too expensive for what it does(n't) do.
ReplyDelete^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Chad Noway what he said lol Google Glasses anytime anywhere
ReplyDeleteIt pays to stay up to date with technology.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time I really looked up the Chromebook Pixels specifications and I'm not blown away to be honest. Glass would win, hands down, easy choice. I don't mind paying for ingenuity and original design.
ReplyDelete#Glass for me!
ReplyDeleteI can get flight instruments to fly a freaking airplane for cheaper than these glasses. Just saying.
ReplyDelete#Glass all the way
ReplyDeleteSo?
ReplyDeleteDavid Farrell you beat me too it. Both, but in all actuality probably neither.
ReplyDeletewho do I give my money to?
ReplyDeleteGlass, to bad I cant afford it. :(
ReplyDeleteLaptop (I know its not, but thats all I see..) or cool futuretech... HMM....
ReplyDeleteIf I had that much money kicking around, I'd go for Google Glass. Even if it doesn't actually do anything, I've seen "fashion statements" that cost more and don't look as cool. Totally looks like something you'd see in 2015 in Back to the Future II.
Google just needs to get on with the flying cars and self drying clothing now...
Both are too expensive for what they do, but if had money to throw away I would certainly buy Google Glass!
ReplyDeleteGlasses, for sure.
ReplyDeleteSome folks are pretty adamant in one direction
ReplyDeletegizmodo.com/5986031/every-reason-not-to-buy-the-google-chromebook-pixel
... Glass... I still want my laptop to be a laptop and my tablet/phone to be my portable internet. I just never really got chromebooks. (Also I'm a Firefox guy, so.)
ReplyDeleteChad Noway I don't think you can legally drive and use a Chromebook either.
ReplyDeleteGlasses I wanna be on some Tony Stark shit
ReplyDeleteWell, Google Glass is green like the Enlightened so I would pick that one. :)
ReplyDeleteChad Noway I dunno, pilots use HUD all the time, and Glass is pretty much the definition of hands free device. Frankly, if people are ADD enough for it to be that big a distraction, they shouldn't be using bluetooth headsets, GPS, or driving in areas where they have billboards.
ReplyDeleteThe potential it has just in making navigation by GPS safer is huge. No more looking away from the road to see when the next turn is... Or trying to update routes otf on a touch screen where you can't feel where your finger is hitting and HAVE to look.
Hate to say it but I don't know that many people that will pull over to update their route. Unfortunate reality is, people multitask heavlily while they're driving, illegal or not, I don't know anyone who doesn't. At least Glass would keep your nose pointing the right direction instead of down at a console or your phone.
Thanks for the link, Doug Wolfe . I haven't seen anyone use blinking text in a LONG time. It made me laugh for several seconds here in my cube. They definitely wanted to get their point across, and it's the solid dealbreaker for me. If it were half the price I'd think about it.
ReplyDeleteI hope they let you change the name. I wanna call it Jarvis
ReplyDeleteit is definitely the gglass.
ReplyDeleteI'll deal with aging PCs for a few years to get glass... plus, if I get one with clear lenses I won't have to get yelled at for not wearing my eye protection.
ReplyDeletewait! the price is a big problem.
ReplyDeleteGlass
ReplyDeleteI choose both
ReplyDeleteNeither of them! Price should be under 1 000$, come on.
ReplyDeleteGlass!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely glass.
ReplyDeleteSo Glass!
ReplyDeleteGoogle Glass all the way FTW!! It's like amazing pron. You never really need another device after glass as it does pretty much everything
ReplyDeleteGlass!
ReplyDeleteGlasses
ReplyDeleteGlasses
ReplyDeleteGlasses for 1,500$, are you kidding me? Can they cook for me? Unbelievable! The next product of Google maybe will be "the coolest rock in the world", only for 5,000$
ReplyDeleteI think that the best sentence is "shut up! and take my money!" XD
ReplyDeleteSomething similar to iFans? :)
ReplyDeleteI already have a laptop with similar specs (except the screen), so Glass it is.
ReplyDeletegoogle glasses offcorse
ReplyDeletedo you think that glass will be for sale on christmas?
ReplyDeleteSergio García I think it'll be available b4 then, They'll announce it at Google IO where you can pre order them for release in July or the Holidays.
ReplyDeletegoogle glasses will be sold this year butt they sayed with in 12 month so i think if they will launch it, it will indeed on xmas because of the market, loke at wii u same thing
ReplyDeleteSkyla Cowan i heard something like that, but as i understood it was only for developers in the G I/O
ReplyDeleteJorne Jansen yeah, i think that them will be for sale on christmas, at least in US
Sergio García it was shown at last years G I/O but this year is going to be the release
ReplyDeleteoffcorse GoogleGlass!
ReplyDeleteglasses for sure
ReplyDeleteBoth. Agreed.
ReplyDeleteGoogle Glass
ReplyDelete