Agents are asking about the "Powercube" here's a small hint.
Agents are asking about the "Powercube" here's a small hint.
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: In a different century, I would be shouting Eureka.
I have successfully stabilized the formula for XM containment
and see no reason why I could not build a prototype 'powercube' within days.
Sent at 10:08 PM on Friday
This chat is off the record
Zeke: v. good news.
any deployment risks I need to be aware of?
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Only that intelligence will be heightened exponentially.
I suspect that others will have epiphanies at the same rates that I have..
Zeke: ok.
that worries me.
While you seem to have no neg. side effects, others might react differently.
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Do you want me to hold off the deployment?
hello?
Zeke: no.
Keep working.
keep me apprised of your progress.
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Will do.
#nianticproject #ingress #powercube
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: In a different century, I would be shouting Eureka.
I have successfully stabilized the formula for XM containment
and see no reason why I could not build a prototype 'powercube' within days.
Sent at 10:08 PM on Friday
This chat is off the record
Zeke: v. good news.
any deployment risks I need to be aware of?
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Only that intelligence will be heightened exponentially.
I suspect that others will have epiphanies at the same rates that I have..
Zeke: ok.
that worries me.
While you seem to have no neg. side effects, others might react differently.
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Do you want me to hold off the deployment?
hello?
Zeke: no.
Keep working.
keep me apprised of your progress.
Oliver Lynton-Wolfe: Will do.
#nianticproject #ingress #powercube
You tease!
ReplyDeleteXM Containment.... So a container to store xm?
ReplyDeleteXM Battery? Portal mod to improve XM cloud output?
ReplyDeleteHopefully it goes over 9000. Or at least to 11.
ReplyDeleteProbably store extra xm. Useful if you're attacking a high-level portal cluster, or trying to defend a portal remotely through recharging. Right now there's little point in defending remotely if the attacker is above level 3 or so.
ReplyDeleteedited for clarity.
Sounds like a way to share XM
ReplyDeleteJan Moren how so? plenty of ap to be had while defending 125 ap per res deployment compared to 75 ap per destroyed res that takes 3-4 bursters to take down depending on the attackers level.
ReplyDeleteArron Soiland I meant remote recharging, not on-site defence. If you can deploy it changes completely of course; the defender has the advantage.
ReplyDeletePortal mod to store additional XM perhaps?
ReplyDeleteJan Moren Gotchya!
ReplyDeleteAre they available now?
ReplyDeleteI just hacked to my limit without getting any. I also tried recharging til I was dead, blowing up stuff, everything I could do to make a power cube. Nadda.
ReplyDeleteThe have been seen across three country. Bram Warrick
ReplyDeleteOriginally found here: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/eureka.html
ReplyDeleteI imagine Power Cubes are like eating dehydrated space food: add a hint of water, and voila! More delicious XM served.
ReplyDeleteSomeone said they found one laying near a portal, and said this about them, "its exhausted. Basically, it sits next to the portal and super charges it, reminded me of the old multihack days. I now have 100+ more lv 8 xmp as a result of a little bit of hacking!"
ReplyDelete100+ more xmp? C'mon.
ReplyDeleteThey have not been released as of yet....soon
ReplyDeleteThanks +Joe Philley for confirming. I called out that "someone" for shopping and my post got deleted.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley thanks for the clarification, was about to go back out again... Would have only been worth the additional heat from the wife if I had a chance of getting a new item.
ReplyDeleteJohn Hyrne just tagging you in... Bill DeWitt above quoted what I was reading earlier, but apparently it was bonk because they haven't been released yet...
ReplyDeleteWe don't' know yet. Chillax. The mystery is half the fun :)
ReplyDeleteDavid Robinson It helps if you go and read the comments...
ReplyDeleteI realized it was an XM container right when I saw the title, and the chatlog only cemented my belief. Considering that it has a separate inventory category, it's not a mod - I think that much is obvious.
ReplyDeleteDavid Robinson Oh look... reading the comments there would have helped you yet again... sigh
ReplyDeletePower cube is not a portal mod...
ReplyDeletetotally fake... Fonts don't match.
ReplyDeleteSo Energon Cubes? When do we build the Space Bridge to Cybertron?
ReplyDeletePortable XM should justify more remote portals with less readily available XM concentration. Assuming XM concentration is really a criteria for portal approval in the first place.
ReplyDeleteFirst person to deploy one gets a drink on me.
ReplyDeleteI have encountered the cubes before. I'm telling you they are very dangerous, they want you to take them into your homes so they can learn your weaknesses and a year later they will kill off the entire planet!
ReplyDelete- ThePortalDoctor
Isn't that a sci fi movie? The cube?
ReplyDeletethis provide extra xm when we need a most right
ReplyDeleteZeke Cao Yes, it sure is
ReplyDeleteGood stuff here in the post. Thanks everyone!
--aSquard E8
http://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/13rw1k/powercubes_any_first_thoughts/ 4 month old blog on Power Cubes
ReplyDeleteWhy do we really need to store xm unless it becomes scarce soon? That would b sweet. Right now the only way to really lose it is to recharge. Attacking enemy portals doesn't do much damage anymore
ReplyDeleteYep reddit has known about power cubes since forever.
ReplyDeleteTed Juch That's... that's ridiculous. That's not even funny.
ReplyDeleteGah!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree
ReplyDeleteProbably that's scanner mod, which add certain ability when you have it. Something like manna or health potion :)
ReplyDeleteWolf " see no reason why I could not build a prototype "power cube"in a few days" sent 10:08pm on Friday.... leads me to believe we may be seeing these in a few days, if not, sooner. Additionally, it's either going to be additional xm stored for the agent, a vessel to put xm into to give to another agent, or a vessel to charge xm with too add to the portal as a mod.
ReplyDeleteThat post was made in November. Not last Friday.
ReplyDeleteZeke Cao copy, but to satisfy my own curiosity, where was this posted or what media was it a part of? I searched it, but couldn't find anything. And since Joe just posted this 5 hours ago, without any reference to a previous post or time frame,I assumed it was current.
ReplyDeleteNever mind, after a little more digging I found it. Never came across the media referring to it and the aforementioned communique was before my time. Thanks for the correction.
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/00/item/eureka.html
ReplyDeletehttp://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/objx/lrg/storyboard/storyboards943656.jpg
ReplyDeleteJust found it after a little more digging just before you posted, edited my previous post. Thanks for linking that for me anyways, it's hard to keep up with all this stuff... rather in my case, catching up :)
ReplyDeleteNo problem. The answers you were looking for are also a few comments above your questions. Be sure to read back through all of them. And please do so for future reference :) information is everywhere, just have to search for the right phrase.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are all wrong. Intelligence increased exponentially? It's clearly a binder full of media! Now you can gather expired passcodes quicker than ever!
ReplyDeleteZeke Cao wow, I can't believe I missed that, I'm normally pretty good at reading everything before posting... who's the goose... me.
ReplyDeleteNo worries! We're here to help
ReplyDeleteMatt Mangat Three minutes after I called him on it in his own discussion, the whole thing got deleted. Oops …
ReplyDeleteIt is an XM draining device that players can drop as "mines". When enemy players go near it, it explodes/whatever and reduces the XM of the person who walked over it/near it.
ReplyDeleteWow! I found a whole pile of cubes! Amazing :)
ReplyDeletehttp://bit.ly/16eFoGx
I see what you did there Vincent Rickroll
ReplyDeleteah come on, don't spoil the fun Allison Macartney
ReplyDelete(you could leave out that last word of your comment ;))
Joe Philley Is this going to be part of the 2000 items limit?
ReplyDeleteCan you give me a hint when there will be new codes for (german) users? Would so love to be part of this but waiting since december for a code and never got one.... :/ Joe Philley
ReplyDeleteSit on reddit. They give out plenty of codes.
ReplyDeleteIf you join resistance and be will to assist my Belgian team, we can grant you a code.
ReplyDeleteYep, deal ;)
ReplyDeleteBart Crijns Laurent Bartholomé can you two talk it over with Anne Prokoph ?
ReplyDeleteIt's over 9000!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSomeone said that is superpowers a portal and reminds him of the multi hacking days
ReplyDeleteThat person lied. It was fake
ReplyDeleteEureka may correlate with Archimedes and one of his principles...
ReplyDelete+Arien Huckeba any details on this strategy? Haven't heard of it
ReplyDeleteEric Archambault - the defender has great advantage. Tested in the field... And even level doesn't matter. Only important thing is to gave enough resonators...
ReplyDeleteIf your internet is good deployment is almost instantenious. And if internet is bad - then firing is also slowed down - sometimes even freezes...
I got 4 power cubes, I saw it can storage xm, the lv1 powercubes only can get 1000xm, the powercubes lv4 4000xm maybe there are many types of powercubes the common only can storage xm. It looks like a 3d cube just like used in the comics tranformers.
ReplyDelete