Almost looks like one of ours....Please let us know how this works out. #nianticproject #ingress


Almost looks like one of ours....Please let us know how this works out. #nianticproject   #ingress  

Originally shared by Ingress Austria - Enlightened

Done! Let us study collect XM #ingress  Anne Beuttenmüller Joe Philley Brandon Badger Brian Rose  #iae

Comments

  1. Arduino board? Thinking about doing this to mine but haven't figured out a method to control the phone yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drones! I can't wait till next year when the me cam goes on sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Atze Kraut This is easier than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe Philley I see a lot of people arguing about these violating ToS. What is Niantics PoV on these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one just to fly around not to try and cheat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply cool... I wont call this cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don Williams they're pretty inexpensive. And actually, if well programmed...very easy to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks legit!  I'd love to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clearly if they're cool with it, its perfectly okay. Keep in mind its innovation and awesome. Don't get your panties in a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing this is more fun than easy and not that much is gained....But it has a 10.5 on the cool factor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not in the same league as spoofing. The drone can still only be in one place at a time, has to physically be there, and risks loss of cell in a catastrophic accident. I'd say it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally see this going all slippery slope. Sure the quadcopter is ok. You have to be within reasonable range to control it. You might get a little better cell signal but its mostly showing off.
    When the solar powered mini-blimp with the sat hookup and effectively unlimited range hits the sky, someone's going to cry foul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Matt Zophiel who exactly would cry foul against the most badass ingress rig ever? Imagine the work involved for creating an aircraft with virtually no need for refueling thats sole purpose is playing the game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How would you control the touch screen?

    ReplyDelete
  15. How much does a drone like this costs?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Devon Dziamba its a project I have in the back of my head. Got some other stuff to get done before I can start on it. Not JUST for #ingress  , mind you, but it would be great for those out of cell range rural portals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ilya Pshenichny about $300 look for parrot 2 quad copter on amazon. Camera & everything. They have gyros in them super easy to fly stable even in high wind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog