I heard you were out there but really thought they were kidding.....Congrats this is epic

I heard you were out there but really thought they were kidding.....Congrats this is epic
#nianticproject   #ingress  

Originally shared by Justin Melville

This is the story of the most epic night of Ingress ever had.

How high do you set your limits?  I decided to test the boundaries of what can be accomplished in one night of Ingress with the greatest community the world of Ingress has ever seen.

The night initially began as a neutral faction get together between the Detroit Enlightenment and Resistance, with myself and one of my Ingress counterparts representing the Canadian Resistance just across the border in Windsor.  We all met at Motor City Brewing Works in Detroit and had great talks over beer pizza and appetizers.  We laughed and poked fun at each other, and at Nick Dumas' cue card sized name tags he brought so everyone would know who each other was.  Andy Marter, Metro Detroit's first L8 player, Jeffrey Fontecchio , and Martin Newsome offering more resources than I could ever have hoped to get for my upcoming challenge...we'll get to that later.  Joshua Lutz buying a cake for Justin Hwang for making it to L8 in 26 days.  Conversations of music and video games with Keegan Martin and Alexis Diller, strategizing with the #chucknorris  of Ingress Linda Besh, and of course my Canadian Ingress brother Mike McMahon on hand to ensure this night went the best it possibly could.

I had been dragging my feet about achieving L8.  The competition in my hometown was minimal since we had essentially demoralized the entire Enlightenment team except for one player.  This meant my leveling was essentially restricted to when and where he decided to take action. (mohamad elmasri also a great Ingresser).  I decided I wasn't about to wait for him to beat me to 8, tonight was the night I was going to do it, I only needed 382,000 AP...wait what?  Yes, this seems like an improbable goal, but sitting at 818k AP and change, I knew I wanted it bad enough.

Loaded up with a massive farm from the players I mentioned above, we were about to set the comm channel on fire overnight, and we did.  We were stopped by a state trooper and a police officer each, went through one of the creepiest neighbourhoods I have ever seen (The Heidelberg Projects), dueled a couple Enlightenment players on their home turf and came out on top.  A massive 4 hour driving route not including portal stops, and technical difficulties.  Technical difficulties such as me being a Canadian and needing to tether and be within scanner range of my 2 person machine of Linda Besh  and Mike McMahon .  Calling Verizon to see about getting a new SIM at 9am so we could finish the challenge.  Linda needing to crash later in the morning and leaving her car and lifeline of a hotspot with the two of us to carry on the mission, and enduring cold weather that we are all so fond of up here.  But all things aside, in one night we plowed through 382,000 AP to get me to 8, and wow it felt great.  Not only because I was 8, but because I have the most amazing Ingress team anyone could ask for and the only reason I have seen the things I have, and met these people is because of Ingress.  I can't say enough about what this "game" has added to my life.

Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller John Hanke 

#ingress   #resistance   #detroit   #windsor   #teamwork   #community  














Comments

  1. Wow, my record is 250k AP. You managed to trounce it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get an invite for all that work.  :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing short of continual excellence Resistance Detroit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk to me when you have braved 400 miles in a 24 hour marathon of ingressing on a scooter in the early January morning of the Las Vegas winter. Only stopping because I seized the motor to the point of no longer being rideable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda Besh
    yeah, but I swore an oath on my secret decoder's ring not to reveal upon penalty of death by tickle torture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh.  Been staring at codes all night last night, all this morning, and most of this afternoon.  Go out for dinner and drinks and a little hacking and come home to this???  Igor done with codes today. Igor want sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And besides, that house is just a mileage record of the drive Linda Besh started last night, before and after she loaned her car out.  I believe the mileage when she started is showing in the 1st story window.  The other numbers are what her odometer said when they returned her car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda Besh because you have angelic karma.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. either that or she's already on the watch list...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog