I met these guys and they'll always be my friends now.Miles Traveled - 1680 miles wow #savemisty ...
I met these guys and they'll always be my friends now.Miles Traveled - 1680 miles wow #savemisty #nianticproject
Originally shared by Jonathan Fitzwater (Fitz)
This was my weekend:
Thursday:
I picked up my rental car at 1pm afternoon. I headed home to pack up for the long weekend I was about to embark on. At 6pm, I headed out onto the road, stopping at the ATM to get cash, Radioshack to get a last minute multiport car charger, and then Wawa for gas. At 1130, I arrived at the Super 8, you know, the only place an L8 should stay at!, for my over night stay.
Friday:
I head out the hotel and on the road by 730am. The real travel begins here. Pittsburgh, PA to Fontana, Wisconsin. This next part I had in an original post from that Friday night, but it sums up the night pretty well. I meet up with 2 complete strangers that I have only being in contact with via Google Messenger, one I now know to be Linda Besh, got in the car with them to meet 7-8 other complete strangers, once again I only knew from Google Messenger, from the surrounding areas, some of them being Kyle Wolff, and Jeff Kazmierski, rode around a town I have no clue how to pronounce, Waukesha, WI to create an L8 farm to prep for the #nianticproject #savemisty event. Mission completed. I get back to my room around 11ish. Go to bed.
Saturday:
I get up at 7am and go get breakfast at the local mcdonalds. I drive around some, get use to the area, find out where things are, and get use to the area. Then at 1030am, I get picked up by Nick Nelson , a complete stranger, who I have only talked to via Google Messenger and GTalk for the past week and only about event/field planning, to go check out certain portals we could use for anchors for our fields. At 1pm, Nick and I then proceed to go the #resistance meet up for planning. Here, I meet 20+ other complete strangers, who I only knew by name/avatar via Google Messenger: Kira Kroger, Brian Geniesse, Thaddeus Cooper, Robert Sherman, David Palay, Rich Foster, Ken Johnson, Aaron DeMaster (who I gave my only Hotel Key to so he would have a place to run COMMs from) plus many more that I already have met, Linda, Jeff, and Kyle. Also I was reunited with my fellow faction teammates who traveled out from Philly for this event as well, Pedro Owsik and Cameron Wright . The group was also in the presence of Joe Philley, whose brain was picked clean. After the introductions, pictures, photo ops, and swag was handed out, we split up into our groups that we chose to be in, to get everyone on the same strategy. Once this was settled, Nick and I went out on your mission to start planning the fields. During the midst of battle, a link came up stemming from the south, Crystal Lake,Ill towards Stoughton, WI. Nick, Dave, and I immediately went to one of our portals to throw up a SCUD(a blocking link) to stop them from completing the field. Unfortunately, we were in separate cars and were late to get the appropriate link up. The #enligthened already had a field up. Connecting Crystal Lake>Stoughton>Kenosha, WI. So Nick and I headed for the southern Portal in Crystal Lake, that being the closest to take out. Dave stayed at the portal we were going to use to create the scud, so once the field went down, we could throw it up to block it from coming back up. While heading there, one of Nicks faction players started to attack the Stoughton portal. Several times he was able to take it down, but the Enligthened were able to put it right back up and recreate the field. Once Nick and I made it to the southern most portal, me being the L8 and having over 300 xmps, I took charge of attacking and went to town. Nick handled the deployment, when it was going to be accessible, all while giving out commands and leading this team via Operator and Google Messenger. Once we were able to take down the links on both portals, our SCUD was put into place. Nick and I stayed at this portal until about 645pm. At this time, we started to head back to Lake Geneva to get confirmation about the results. When coming back, we got the word that the field that the Enlightened put up was formed during one of the captures and that gave them the ultimate win. From there, Nick and I were not deterred, we know we served the Resistance proud and we came back, 45 minutes out, with our heads high for the fight that we put up. And our brothers/sisters in arms were doing the same thing. At the after event party, both the Enlightened and Resistance hung out together, peacefully, and shared in spirits what this game has done for us. Bringing together people, of all races, cultures, backgrounds, ethnics, diversities, religions, people you would never know would share the same passion as you for something so simple as a game. After that, some of the Resistance went to their own after after party at Sprechers in Lake Geneva, WI. Here I had, what EVERYONE is saying a must, a cheese curd. Good stuff. Nothing says calories like deep fried cheese! From there, I caught a ride back to my hotel with Linda, we were actually staying in the same place, detouring to drop off Kira at her Hotel first. We got back at around 12 midnight. I passed out.
Sunday:
I get up at 6:45, have everything packed, hit the road by 7:30am making my way back to Delaware, which was 13+ hours away. On the way though, I had to stop at South Bend, Indiana cause I saw that it was just a little too green for my liking. Not to forget that it was St. Pattys Day, me being of Irish Heritage, how could I not stop at the Notre Dame campus and admire its beauty. And change the campus blue. After about a hour of devastation, I head back onto the road. Only making pit stops for gas and food. Well, I safely arrived back to my home, in Bear, Delaware at 11:45pm.
Breakdown:
Gas - $225
Hotel - $230
Cash in Hand - $200
Car Rental - $130
Miles Traveled - 1680 miles
Meeting Complete strangers, having the time of my life, not once feeling out of place, unaccepted, judged, mistreated, uninvited, or misplaced. - PRICELESS
That's my #ingressstory .
Niantic Project Ingress
Originally shared by Jonathan Fitzwater (Fitz)
This was my weekend:
Thursday:
I picked up my rental car at 1pm afternoon. I headed home to pack up for the long weekend I was about to embark on. At 6pm, I headed out onto the road, stopping at the ATM to get cash, Radioshack to get a last minute multiport car charger, and then Wawa for gas. At 1130, I arrived at the Super 8, you know, the only place an L8 should stay at!, for my over night stay.
Friday:
I head out the hotel and on the road by 730am. The real travel begins here. Pittsburgh, PA to Fontana, Wisconsin. This next part I had in an original post from that Friday night, but it sums up the night pretty well. I meet up with 2 complete strangers that I have only being in contact with via Google Messenger, one I now know to be Linda Besh, got in the car with them to meet 7-8 other complete strangers, once again I only knew from Google Messenger, from the surrounding areas, some of them being Kyle Wolff, and Jeff Kazmierski, rode around a town I have no clue how to pronounce, Waukesha, WI to create an L8 farm to prep for the #nianticproject #savemisty event. Mission completed. I get back to my room around 11ish. Go to bed.
Saturday:
I get up at 7am and go get breakfast at the local mcdonalds. I drive around some, get use to the area, find out where things are, and get use to the area. Then at 1030am, I get picked up by Nick Nelson , a complete stranger, who I have only talked to via Google Messenger and GTalk for the past week and only about event/field planning, to go check out certain portals we could use for anchors for our fields. At 1pm, Nick and I then proceed to go the #resistance meet up for planning. Here, I meet 20+ other complete strangers, who I only knew by name/avatar via Google Messenger: Kira Kroger, Brian Geniesse, Thaddeus Cooper, Robert Sherman, David Palay, Rich Foster, Ken Johnson, Aaron DeMaster (who I gave my only Hotel Key to so he would have a place to run COMMs from) plus many more that I already have met, Linda, Jeff, and Kyle. Also I was reunited with my fellow faction teammates who traveled out from Philly for this event as well, Pedro Owsik and Cameron Wright . The group was also in the presence of Joe Philley, whose brain was picked clean. After the introductions, pictures, photo ops, and swag was handed out, we split up into our groups that we chose to be in, to get everyone on the same strategy. Once this was settled, Nick and I went out on your mission to start planning the fields. During the midst of battle, a link came up stemming from the south, Crystal Lake,Ill towards Stoughton, WI. Nick, Dave, and I immediately went to one of our portals to throw up a SCUD(a blocking link) to stop them from completing the field. Unfortunately, we were in separate cars and were late to get the appropriate link up. The #enligthened already had a field up. Connecting Crystal Lake>Stoughton>Kenosha, WI. So Nick and I headed for the southern Portal in Crystal Lake, that being the closest to take out. Dave stayed at the portal we were going to use to create the scud, so once the field went down, we could throw it up to block it from coming back up. While heading there, one of Nicks faction players started to attack the Stoughton portal. Several times he was able to take it down, but the Enligthened were able to put it right back up and recreate the field. Once Nick and I made it to the southern most portal, me being the L8 and having over 300 xmps, I took charge of attacking and went to town. Nick handled the deployment, when it was going to be accessible, all while giving out commands and leading this team via Operator and Google Messenger. Once we were able to take down the links on both portals, our SCUD was put into place. Nick and I stayed at this portal until about 645pm. At this time, we started to head back to Lake Geneva to get confirmation about the results. When coming back, we got the word that the field that the Enlightened put up was formed during one of the captures and that gave them the ultimate win. From there, Nick and I were not deterred, we know we served the Resistance proud and we came back, 45 minutes out, with our heads high for the fight that we put up. And our brothers/sisters in arms were doing the same thing. At the after event party, both the Enlightened and Resistance hung out together, peacefully, and shared in spirits what this game has done for us. Bringing together people, of all races, cultures, backgrounds, ethnics, diversities, religions, people you would never know would share the same passion as you for something so simple as a game. After that, some of the Resistance went to their own after after party at Sprechers in Lake Geneva, WI. Here I had, what EVERYONE is saying a must, a cheese curd. Good stuff. Nothing says calories like deep fried cheese! From there, I caught a ride back to my hotel with Linda, we were actually staying in the same place, detouring to drop off Kira at her Hotel first. We got back at around 12 midnight. I passed out.
Sunday:
I get up at 6:45, have everything packed, hit the road by 7:30am making my way back to Delaware, which was 13+ hours away. On the way though, I had to stop at South Bend, Indiana cause I saw that it was just a little too green for my liking. Not to forget that it was St. Pattys Day, me being of Irish Heritage, how could I not stop at the Notre Dame campus and admire its beauty. And change the campus blue. After about a hour of devastation, I head back onto the road. Only making pit stops for gas and food. Well, I safely arrived back to my home, in Bear, Delaware at 11:45pm.
Breakdown:
Gas - $225
Hotel - $230
Cash in Hand - $200
Car Rental - $130
Miles Traveled - 1680 miles
Meeting Complete strangers, having the time of my life, not once feeling out of place, unaccepted, judged, mistreated, uninvited, or misplaced. - PRICELESS
That's my #ingressstory .
Niantic Project Ingress
Ingress has this effect on people. Very cool indeed.
ReplyDelete