Lyton-Wolfe describes an upcoming feature of the scanner app that will surely increase the amount of XM available to...

Originally shared by Ingress

Lyton-Wolfe describes an upcoming feature of the scanner app that will surely increase the amount of XM available to #Ingress Agents worldwide: http://www.nianticproject.com/?id=sc413a

And a reminder that the Dronenet will be deployed after the following events reach 200+ confirmed Agents:

March 16, UT Austin: http://goo.gl/1DBld
March 16, Lake Geneva: http://goo.gl/30dWp

Anomalies at both sites will occur at 5:02PM, 5:32PM, 6:02PM, 6:32PM, and 7:02PM.

#freemisty  

Comments

  1. No description on the photo part. I like taking pictures of art and murals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get my hands on this baby! I have a place I am expecting  to find a huge number of portals at and this seems like it will work so much better than the way I was doing it before! 

    Thinking out loud, If you submit directly via the app, meaning you do it from your Ingress account then that would open up my other idea, that I think would be cool, being that the person that submits a portal should get a key to that portal on its acceptance to the game! If you want the lore story for allowing this, the person that submitted the portal has the key when they find the possible portal, they just need the NIA to confirm that it is a portal!

    Just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the notion that the person who submits a portal should get a key. I've hacked a portal that I submitted several times and I still don't have a key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea but taking pictures was the best part of submitting portal, everyone get to see your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I read Joe mention that you still take a photo of the portal, so this would be for positioning, which can be a pain! 

    (update: Mentioned in the comments here: https://plus.google.com/107179591490960059904/posts/E9DkFm8ShBQ)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if the image capture is going to be in this push.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So is that you just submit the portal and add a photo later or your saying the camera shot is taken out of Ingress and selected? I'm confused! (nothing new for me). Maybe I should just wait and see! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how would ninantic confirm the portal is actually a portal without a picture? people will spam portals everywhere without pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Edmond people are already GPS spoofing and taking pics with false Geo tags. And then there are dummies like me who forget to make sure I have a gps lock when taking a pic, so after niantic approves it, it pops on southbound i95 instead of where I was when I snapped the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex Goodwin Yep, had that! One portal I submitted ended up 20kms away from where it should have been!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gps spoofing is a problem they should make it easier to report problems and gave a quicker turnaround on reporrs than making it easier to set fake portals

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michael Edmond the way it was explained to me is niantic team is  collecting data on how people cheat now. so send them all the screenshots and whatever else you can so that when the game releases they will be fully prepared to deal with whatever cheaters they come across

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just tried it, just loved it! For those that are worried about it, it opens your camera when you use it. You're still using your own pic, it just makes it simpler and let's you fine tune the actual location on a satellite pic. It's essentially the same as the old way, just way more streamlined, fine tuned and the added ability to tweak the final location.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And it makes so much sense to do the correcting of the location at the time you are taking the photo. Its quite a bit more difficult to do it after the fact! So love this new process?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog