Now this was one large field....Congrats guys
Now this was one large field....Congrats guys
#ingress #nianticproject #sxsw
Originally shared by Damien Mórka
Well, we finally did it. One month ago, we tried to create a big field ( #ingress ) Paris but a link couldn't be destroyed because of a bug in the game. We were very frustrated, but we planed this operation for later.
Now is "later". One link in starting in Paris was destroyed at 6 PM, then we only needed to destroy 2 more portals north of Paris in order to remove 4 blue links. The field was created on 7th March 2013 at 9:21 PM.
Cities and portals liked :
- Omerville - Manoir Omerville (1)
- Viels-Maisons - Jardins de Viels-Maisons, Viel (2)
- Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire - Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire (3)
Links length :
- Link 1-2 : 125km
- Link 2-3 : 145km
- Link 1-3 : 154km
- Field value : 2,4M MUs
Many thanks to Atomusk Bo, YoYo L, Tristan Lar, Rumesh Mapalagama, Denis MENEZ, Alban Poinssot, Julien Lamy, Mohamed Khalil El Mahrsi, John Séraphin, Ludovic Lefebvre and many many other Ingress Enlightened agents!
Now you can call Paris City of [En]lights!
Edit : Well, that was quick:
11:00PM novies destroyed a Control Field @Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire(2 Avenue Célestin Chateigner, 45730 Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire, France) -2413073 MUs
Good job everybody




#ingress #nianticproject #sxsw
Originally shared by Damien Mórka
Well, we finally did it. One month ago, we tried to create a big field ( #ingress ) Paris but a link couldn't be destroyed because of a bug in the game. We were very frustrated, but we planed this operation for later.
Now is "later". One link in starting in Paris was destroyed at 6 PM, then we only needed to destroy 2 more portals north of Paris in order to remove 4 blue links. The field was created on 7th March 2013 at 9:21 PM.
Cities and portals liked :
- Omerville - Manoir Omerville (1)
- Viels-Maisons - Jardins de Viels-Maisons, Viel (2)
- Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire - Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire (3)
Links length :
- Link 1-2 : 125km
- Link 2-3 : 145km
- Link 1-3 : 154km
- Field value : 2,4M MUs
Many thanks to Atomusk Bo, YoYo L, Tristan Lar, Rumesh Mapalagama, Denis MENEZ, Alban Poinssot, Julien Lamy, Mohamed Khalil El Mahrsi, John Séraphin, Ludovic Lefebvre and many many other Ingress Enlightened agents!
Now you can call Paris City of [En]lights!
Edit : Well, that was quick:
11:00PM novies destroyed a Control Field @Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire(2 Avenue Célestin Chateigner, 45730 Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire, France) -2413073 MUs
Good job everybody




Tres bien! C'est belle!
ReplyDeletewow how many mus?
ReplyDeleteHonestly, in my opinion, MUs mean nothing right now. Field size is more impressive than MU count since MU count is ambiguous.
ReplyDeleteBut to answer your question...
no idea. hehe
oh wow I thought MU count was linear based on area covered. Do you have intel different?
ReplyDeleteI mean thats the easy way bc its the area of a triangle. I really dont thing they factor in the actual population but that would be really cool. I love google.
ReplyDeleteMU count is (supposedly) based on census populations statistics beneath the field. However, I don't trust the accuracy at all.
ReplyDeleteBut it has been shown that field size does not necessarily directly attribute to MU count. We have created huge fields that had a few thousand MU count and have also created fields less than half the size that have had tens of thousands.
MU count is given in the post : 1.2 millions
ReplyDeleteThats effing awesome. The biggest I have done is roughly 20 thousand over arlington county virginia which is population dense so I really think its linear but I could be wrong.
ReplyDeleteI approve of this field. :)
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I had a link slightly smaller than this that covered all of Nashville, murfreesboro, Franklin, dickson and several other Tennessee cities and was only 220k mu. I had one a tenth of the size a week earlier that only covered a tenth the space, would fit inside my larger field, and didn't cover the densest areas, and was worth 120k.
ReplyDeleteAny insight into what went wrong or why my field was worth so little?
I was surprised that my field covering all of Austin was just 324K yesterday :/
ReplyDeleteI think they go by the populations.
ReplyDeleteI am sure Austin's population is more than 324K people...at least it seems like it is with the horrendous traffic haha
ReplyDeletePriyavadan Kumar I hate to say this but I've never asked about it :O but I'll ask and see if I can find out more.
ReplyDeleteNashville alone is 600k+, and my field covered it and several surrounding cities with big populations. My field was only 220k.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read up on it before, MU count was based on census data.
ReplyDeleteI was told MU was an average of the total population of the country divided by the area covered by your field. Something like that.
ReplyDeleteSo USA has more inhabitants than France, but they're also much bigger, so the same field would cover less MU ?