This is a cool idea :)


This is a cool idea :)

Originally shared by Glenn Morgan (stickus)

Here's what I was up to last night...  Placing QR codes at portals for a couple of the various G+ Communities here in Victoria, BC

#ingress   #ingressinvite   #enlightened   #resistance   #googlepluscommunity   #Victoria   #yyj  
CC: Ingress Ingress Brandon Badger Joe Philley Niantic Project

Comments

  1. Especially great activity for an L8 to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Send some to the Vancouver BC communities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool - sharing this with some people in area to see if interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can hack QR codes with custom elements by exploiting their internal error correction. Here are a couple examples I came up with after being inspired by Glenn:

    http://www.jasonbirch.com/ingress/ingress_players_2.png

    http://www.jasonbirch.com/ingress/ingress_players_3.png

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gvgya92s1hs3hl/png.png

    I dabbled with this a couple days ago, while trying to get an invite.

    It only takes you to http://www.ingress.com though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A better idea. Would to have them in inconspicuous places, partnered businesses, and like on power poles and stuff. Assign a serial number to them and link it to your account so you can't spam.

    Or just link the code to your account like it already does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Devon Mangelsen check out Glenn Morgan 's profile (or was that in the Island group...) - he's been out placing them up all over the place. Must be frustrating for iPhone users and those without codes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Not trying to say I did it first, just saying that I was also interested. After re-reading it sounded one-upish. Not trying to take anyone's thunder or anything. Sorry. The better idea was a follow-up to what I had posted not a better idea than his. Just an afterthought that should have been edited in. That's what happens when you think too much when posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, no worries, I didn't take it that way. Just wanted to say he was already doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in a store the other day and found this http://stkr.it/ it's a little sticker with a QR Code and you can scan it, and it will let you playback a voice memo, video or photo. I am working on doing the same in my town!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog