This is a first #ingress brew....."Hacks away at your taste buds" #beer
This is a first #ingress brew....."Hacks away at your taste buds" #beer
Originally shared by Brendan Dillon (Rogue0ne)
I'm planning on making a pair of beers in the coming weeks. One Enlightened themed, one Resistance themed. I have some pretty good ideas for both, but figured I would see what the Colorado Ingress community has for suggestions before I move forward.
So, thoughts?
Originally shared by Brendan Dillon (Rogue0ne)
I'm planning on making a pair of beers in the coming weeks. One Enlightened themed, one Resistance themed. I have some pretty good ideas for both, but figured I would see what the Colorado Ingress community has for suggestions before I move forward.
So, thoughts?
Damn. I should have submitted mine.
ReplyDeleteL8 Resonator (8% ABV - IPA)
"Porter Key" (a porter [obviously] )
Brendan Dillon - I was considering doing the same type of thing and one of the things I thought of was:
ReplyDeleteA blueberry red (Resistance)
A high gravity for Enlightened.
Are you looking for names, styles, ingredient combinations, all of the above?
Here in Dallas/Ft. Worth it's shocking how many homebrewers and craft brew aficionados there are involved with Ingress.
ReplyDeleteShocking I say!
David Cluck - Yeah. Same here on the Eastern side of Michigan.
ReplyDeleteJeremy Ellwood someone needs to do a study to explain the apparent correlation. Seriously!
ReplyDeleteGeneral suggestions are still welcome. Lots of brewer/ingressers here in Colorado as well. (Go figure).
ReplyDeleteYou could always take it into the ingredients themselves and use:
ReplyDeleteGreen Bullet hops - Enlightened
Pacific Gem hops - Resistance
Hmm... This is something I should consider for Dublin's next get-together. Although, Ni, it'll be in a craft beer pub, and they may object to us bringing in our own beer. Also, it's only my second ever brewday later today, so recipe invention may be a bit off: "More hops! MORE!"
ReplyDeleteHmm, could go with story NPCs, too:
Klue - a Scottish heather ale;
Misty - a yeasty Weissbeer;
ADA - an American Dunkel Ale. (Ok, that last one's a stretch).
At one point, I had suggested Shaper Mind Virus as a name for an enlightened-themed microbrew, but other enlightened told me that needs to be an energy drink, not a beer.
ReplyDeleteSo how about Mind Virus Inoculation for the Resistance types - you can only "save" the patient by killing brain cells.
The unofficial name of my brewing (will be official if I can ever get the micro-brewery open) is "Dork Breweries" where everything is themed after nerdisms, geekisms, and dorkisms from D&D to theatre, Ingress to Voltron.
ReplyDeleteJeremy Ellwood , I will buy your brewery's official merchandise! (And your beer, when you start shipping to Ireland!)
ReplyDeleteJeremy Ellwood , just make sure you can ship to AFK Tavern when you're done!
ReplyDelete/me thinks the Resistance brew should be called "Tinfoil Hat"
I brew under "Brown coat Cellars". Similarly themed. Smaug's Blood mead with hops and hibiscus. Reaver Stout, Mudders' Milk Stout, Old Ben's Friend: For those long desert nights...
ReplyDeleteHah! Brown Coat Cellars! Digging the reference.
ReplyDeleteYou ever see the Brown Coat rap?