Transposition (part 1)

Originally shared by Verum Inveniri
Transposition (part 1)
A transposition cipher is a cipher that works by simply shuffling the letters of the message around.
If you do this at random, you end up with an anagram.
However, if you want to reliably decode messages, you need to shuffle the letters in an ordered fashion. A simple way to do this is to write out your message in rows then read it out in columns. One favourite of the NIA is a more complex method called railfence. Write out the message in a zig-zag pattern, then read it out in rows. These ciphers are very easy to solve with pen and paper.
When you solve the example, don’t give the answer to anyone else! Share this post with your friends instead. If you need help with cryptography, come to #veruminveniri on irchighway.net to talk.
http://irc.lc/irchighway/veruminveniri/VI@@@
#ingress #cryptography
Can anyone verify that this is still active? I'm nearly positive I've solved it correctly (the format is correct and I'm getting a word), but I'm getting "invalid passcode".
ReplyDeleteKyle Telechan ask over here
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/109846653838501599116/posts
I'm lurking over on the VI post, just figured I'd drop a line here in case it got active. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm....
ReplyDeleteEh. By the time most of us get a but of media the codes are solved. Would be nice if each piece of media linked to the ability to use a code.
ReplyDeleteI gave up decoding any media or such long ago. Was fun but 100% unrewarding, and no way of knowing now whether its already redeemed or not. Each piece should be unique.
ReplyDelete