We love these kind of stories, congrats
We love these kind of stories, congrats
Originally shared by Nancy Moïse Haws
After last night, I think I am gonna need a bigger bottle of Bourbon. I am not a gamer, wasn't until my video game playing husband took his game to the streets to various points of interest and landmarks around town playing Google's game that is rumored to have something to do with Google Glass, www.ingress.com. (dear heavens, I sure hope so!) For the uninitiated, this is meaningless, but this morning, I achieved Level 8 in just 3 weeks, 3 days, 12 hours, with 10 days not playing due to my or my two preschool-aged daughters illness. Thanks to #Niantic, both factions, Chicago trip, specific list of fellow Louisville Enlightened "Agents", including my fellow agent #besthusbandever, for not thinking me a nutter for all the late nights of play and other vices.
I do believe I am gonna need a bigger bottle of Bourbon.
"You slept. I played." -me, Enlightened Agent Daphnesq.
#Ingress. Where's your game?
Ingress Niantic Project Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger Brian Rose JJ Haws #travelkentucky #makersmark #oldforrester #enlightenment #thisislouisville




Originally shared by Nancy Moïse Haws
After last night, I think I am gonna need a bigger bottle of Bourbon. I am not a gamer, wasn't until my video game playing husband took his game to the streets to various points of interest and landmarks around town playing Google's game that is rumored to have something to do with Google Glass, www.ingress.com. (dear heavens, I sure hope so!) For the uninitiated, this is meaningless, but this morning, I achieved Level 8 in just 3 weeks, 3 days, 12 hours, with 10 days not playing due to my or my two preschool-aged daughters illness. Thanks to #Niantic, both factions, Chicago trip, specific list of fellow Louisville Enlightened "Agents", including my fellow agent #besthusbandever, for not thinking me a nutter for all the late nights of play and other vices.
I do believe I am gonna need a bigger bottle of Bourbon.
"You slept. I played." -me, Enlightened Agent Daphnesq.
#Ingress. Where's your game?
Ingress Niantic Project Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger Brian Rose JJ Haws #travelkentucky #makersmark #oldforrester #enlightenment #thisislouisville




Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteLove it :D
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a great story, the girlfriend and I did that for about a week back in december, just went hardcore all over the town. Late night, freezing cold. Life kicked in around the holidays, and never managed to get back in.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the game kept wiping out all of the portals, that was kinda crushing to be honest.
That's some fast leveling
ReplyDeleteChristopher Wyatt, I may be at the northern most point of the south, where, to be candid, the deep south doesn't see us southern (save some famous horse race the #FirststSaturdayinMay), the Eastern Seaboard snubbed us when we were no longer Virginia, and the Midwest? Well, they are still confused by the drawl many of those outside my city of Louisville tend to embrace. Having said that, this Ohio Valley of ours has seen temperatures drop to -10F, and swing to 70F... in recent memory. Having lived in Stockholm Sweden, I learned there is no such thing as bad weather, just being poorly prepared. Then, oddly enough, found the winters even less hospitable when I lived in Chicago after that.
ReplyDeleteThe portals being torn down can feel defeating, but THAT's the magic of the game. I saw a post on Ingress recently about a player from the Isle of Wight, United Kingdom. It caught my eye because I'd visited there as a kid. He's the only player, has a handful of portals. build, hack, wait for decay, rinse repeat.
Without the other faction, the game is far less interesting. It's like playing PONG with only one player. Send the ball across the green tv screen and see if fall off. Where's the fun in that?
Embrace those resonator(s) were destroyed email notifications not as game over, but game begin!
:gets off soap box:
Sorry to pick you out, but I did so because I adore that you were out with your GF. The weather's improving. Go play!
[returns briefly to your regularly scheduled R.L.]
u`ve got LvL 8 in 3 weeks ? maybe u was suported by some1 , u can`t make L8 so fast (i think) , me in 3 weeks i just got LvL 5 today ...
ReplyDeleteoh we have agents over here that have gone 1 - 8 in 29 days. with a good team behind you and a lot of free time (and some farming from friends) you can do it :)
ReplyDeletethats what i`m telling ... if u have support yes u can reach L8 so fast , but alone u can`t :)
ReplyDeletetrascu traian ... I appreciate the suspicion and would like to answer it, in as sincere and kind tone that might be missed int he internet: if you look at the way you deploy resonators, the game encourages collaboration. Go out. Meet your fellow players. Get to know the other faction and appreciate the give and take of "you sank my battleship" Although annoying when a portal is taken down before I could hack it and get resonators, xmps and keys, I appreciate the AP for reclaiming it, and don't mind taking a walk to get more XM to finish hacking an enemy portal so I can take it down, deploy, hack, link, create field, get email notice it's down (or meet other faction agent in the field and BATTLE! woot).. rinse repeat.
ReplyDeleteIf you aren't leveling, perhaps you need to recruit a few people to play for the other faction so you have faster turn over of portals? It's like when I was server - the critical factor for a restaurant's success, and better tips - is table turnover. Ingress is :no: different.
I get a curious by-stander looking at me linger at a point of interest, I hold up my phone, and say "I'm playing a kind of scavenger hunt with an app from Google (let's face it, Google has a more wide-spread brand recognition) on my Android. If you like the history of where we live, or want to learn our town/city/area, you should check it out at www.ingress.com." Literally. Have said this sort of thing to folks every day I've been out... well, in the waking hours, that is. I've learned that after 10/11, most folks are out because of the bars. After 2-4am, I have to watch for drunks, and the cops watching for drunks. At about 5am, I have to watch for the garbage men and utility trucks.
Hope this helps! Get out and play!
well .. what i can say , just u make a good job :) " keep on walking "
ReplyDeleteIt's gotta be frustrating when there isn't the give and take of other players. Where do you live?
ReplyDeleteRomania ... :| wish where more players but we are few and each fight just for him ... sometime i just think to quit Ingress but i was fighting to much for activation code ... i will never give up !
ReplyDeleteOh golly! I know nothing of Romania. How wonderful! How is cell reception and data costs? I hadn't thought of that, but that's bound to change the ability to get others to play from one place about the globe to another. We Ingress players need a group rate.
ReplyDeletesorry but i know just a bit of english ... cell reception ? data costs ? detail please :) don`t understand :D
ReplyDeleteIngress uses a lot of data to run and we get charged. Also, not every portal has good enough reception to access the game information. We have to pay a mobile service for not just the number, but how much we use it.
ReplyDeleteinternet connection ? if so ... 8 euros - 1Gb :)
ReplyDelete