When I met you guys you told me you liked to make "Big fields"but this is huge...Congrats and well done guys.
When I met you guys you told me you liked to make "Big fields"but this is huge...Congrats and well done guys. #nianticproject #ingress
Originally shared by Pedro Owsik (padalabra)
Operation BigBlue v 2.0 - A Blue Skies Production brought to you by Philadelphia Area Ingress Resistance
After a disappointing "loss" for the #resistance at the Lake Geneva, WI Anomaly event, Cameron Wright & I started to brainstorm ideas on how to redeem ourselves and our faction. The rough plan we came up with during the 13 hour drive home was to cover all Philadelphia in a field, from far enough out that the Philly Enlightened would be discouraged from doing anything. It was a similar move to what the Enlightened pulled at Lake Geneva and, according to Joe Philley, fields trump everything else.
Once home, I took on the task of hashing out the details. I put together a post that began the coordination between myself, Chris Wright in Princeton, Kevin McCarley in Lancaster, george raynor in southern New Jersey, and Jonathan Fitzwater in Delaware. We briefly discussed portal options, avoiding certain areas, taking out blocking links and exchanging keys. What we didn't establish was a time table, mostly because some of the areas we were linking through are fairly active and links come and go daily.
As the week progressed, conditions started to look ideal for the field. I was going up to northern New Jersey on Friday to visit a friend of mine and arranged a key drop for portals in Princeton with Chris Wright. During the drop, we hashed out the specific portal (Princeton Old Graduate College) and a possible timetable of sometime this weekend.
After getting Princeton keys, I started to get the feeling that this should happen sooner rather than later. I put the word out to a few more members of PAIR to start working on the offensive green links on Saturday afternoon and went out to Lancaster to exchange keys with Kevin McCarley. We established a portal that would avoid local links (Lancaster Fire Dept) and, having a little bit of foresight, he gave me keys to more than one Lancaster portal before sending me on my way.
This morning I woke up and looked at the map. I saw that Jonathan Fitzwater had created a lane between two large fields in Delaware so that the path from Lancaster to Cape May would be clear. george raynor & his daughter had also taken back & built up Cape May before I woke up. There were a few green links close to me that were in the way between Lancaster & Princeton so I took them out. I then sent Chris Wright a message to have him start clearing the blocking links in northern NJ and began the drive to Cape May, NJ. I didn't get a reply but wasn't worried since I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me.
I arrived in Cape May, fired up the mobile intel map, and saw that none of the links had been taken out between Princeton & Cape May. I couldn't get in contact with Chris so I reached out to my fellow PAIR members, and they went to work on the more southern links. After an hour or so, I finally reached Chris and he took out the offending links.
I looked at my link menu from the S.S. Atlantus portal at Sunset Beach in Cape May, NJ and saw that both Lancaster and Princeton could be linked. Seeing that 2/3rds of the plan had come to fruition, I contacted Kevin McCarley, who left for the Lancaster Fire Dept. to shoot his link. Upon arrival, the link could not be made. I have seen this issue before, so I asked him to drop the key and let his girlfriend, Jen Edgerton, attempt to make the link. She had no luck either, so they went back home and I sat in the parking lot of Sunset Beach trying to figure out what was blocking the link between Lancaster and Princeton.
After about an hour of consternation, we were unable to find a blocking link in the path. I was about to give up when I remembered those extra Lancaster keys I had in my possession. I sent Kevin a message and asked to see if the link was possible from another portal. He went out with Jen, upgraded the portals on the short list of backups, and found a portal where the link was possible.
As soon as I got word that the link was possible, I created the link from Cape May to Lancaster. Once that link showed up in Lancaster, Kevin McCarley linked out to Princeton and I created the field by linking up to Princeton. And then, viola! +2,155,637 mind units for the Resistance!
The COMM and most of my chats then proceeded to go bananas.
The field itself lasted just under 2 hours and was taken out via drive-by XMP'ing by agent Dimonzese, a Princeton local. I didn't expect it to stay up even that long, as the portal defense in the game is, well... lacking. Also, a 2.15 million MU field is quite an impressive target. The point of making the field was not to make it & have it last forever (those of us that have been playing for a while know that is near impossible). It was to show that there is some great teamwork & coordination going on out here in the greater Philadelphia area and that we are a force to be reckoned with!
I'd like to thank the following people for their hard work in making this happen:
Cameron Wright
george raynor
Chris Wright
Kevin McCarley
Jen Edgerton
Jonathan Fitzwater
Dennis Seneca
All the Enlightened folks who took out the blue blocking links. You're all welcome for that AP.
And finally, the members of Philadelphia Area Ingress Resistance that put up with me taking over the chat for a good portion of the afternoon.
So Joe Philley, when are you coming out here?!
#sorrynotsorry #SundayFunday #ingressfieldreport #ingress #resistanceisneverfutile
Ingress Niantic Project Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller John Hanke

Originally shared by Pedro Owsik (padalabra)
Operation BigBlue v 2.0 - A Blue Skies Production brought to you by Philadelphia Area Ingress Resistance
After a disappointing "loss" for the #resistance at the Lake Geneva, WI Anomaly event, Cameron Wright & I started to brainstorm ideas on how to redeem ourselves and our faction. The rough plan we came up with during the 13 hour drive home was to cover all Philadelphia in a field, from far enough out that the Philly Enlightened would be discouraged from doing anything. It was a similar move to what the Enlightened pulled at Lake Geneva and, according to Joe Philley, fields trump everything else.
Once home, I took on the task of hashing out the details. I put together a post that began the coordination between myself, Chris Wright in Princeton, Kevin McCarley in Lancaster, george raynor in southern New Jersey, and Jonathan Fitzwater in Delaware. We briefly discussed portal options, avoiding certain areas, taking out blocking links and exchanging keys. What we didn't establish was a time table, mostly because some of the areas we were linking through are fairly active and links come and go daily.
As the week progressed, conditions started to look ideal for the field. I was going up to northern New Jersey on Friday to visit a friend of mine and arranged a key drop for portals in Princeton with Chris Wright. During the drop, we hashed out the specific portal (Princeton Old Graduate College) and a possible timetable of sometime this weekend.
After getting Princeton keys, I started to get the feeling that this should happen sooner rather than later. I put the word out to a few more members of PAIR to start working on the offensive green links on Saturday afternoon and went out to Lancaster to exchange keys with Kevin McCarley. We established a portal that would avoid local links (Lancaster Fire Dept) and, having a little bit of foresight, he gave me keys to more than one Lancaster portal before sending me on my way.
This morning I woke up and looked at the map. I saw that Jonathan Fitzwater had created a lane between two large fields in Delaware so that the path from Lancaster to Cape May would be clear. george raynor & his daughter had also taken back & built up Cape May before I woke up. There were a few green links close to me that were in the way between Lancaster & Princeton so I took them out. I then sent Chris Wright a message to have him start clearing the blocking links in northern NJ and began the drive to Cape May, NJ. I didn't get a reply but wasn't worried since I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me.
I arrived in Cape May, fired up the mobile intel map, and saw that none of the links had been taken out between Princeton & Cape May. I couldn't get in contact with Chris so I reached out to my fellow PAIR members, and they went to work on the more southern links. After an hour or so, I finally reached Chris and he took out the offending links.
I looked at my link menu from the S.S. Atlantus portal at Sunset Beach in Cape May, NJ and saw that both Lancaster and Princeton could be linked. Seeing that 2/3rds of the plan had come to fruition, I contacted Kevin McCarley, who left for the Lancaster Fire Dept. to shoot his link. Upon arrival, the link could not be made. I have seen this issue before, so I asked him to drop the key and let his girlfriend, Jen Edgerton, attempt to make the link. She had no luck either, so they went back home and I sat in the parking lot of Sunset Beach trying to figure out what was blocking the link between Lancaster and Princeton.
After about an hour of consternation, we were unable to find a blocking link in the path. I was about to give up when I remembered those extra Lancaster keys I had in my possession. I sent Kevin a message and asked to see if the link was possible from another portal. He went out with Jen, upgraded the portals on the short list of backups, and found a portal where the link was possible.
As soon as I got word that the link was possible, I created the link from Cape May to Lancaster. Once that link showed up in Lancaster, Kevin McCarley linked out to Princeton and I created the field by linking up to Princeton. And then, viola! +2,155,637 mind units for the Resistance!
The COMM and most of my chats then proceeded to go bananas.
The field itself lasted just under 2 hours and was taken out via drive-by XMP'ing by agent Dimonzese, a Princeton local. I didn't expect it to stay up even that long, as the portal defense in the game is, well... lacking. Also, a 2.15 million MU field is quite an impressive target. The point of making the field was not to make it & have it last forever (those of us that have been playing for a while know that is near impossible). It was to show that there is some great teamwork & coordination going on out here in the greater Philadelphia area and that we are a force to be reckoned with!
I'd like to thank the following people for their hard work in making this happen:
Cameron Wright
george raynor
Chris Wright
Kevin McCarley
Jen Edgerton
Jonathan Fitzwater
Dennis Seneca
All the Enlightened folks who took out the blue blocking links. You're all welcome for that AP.
And finally, the members of Philadelphia Area Ingress Resistance that put up with me taking over the chat for a good portion of the afternoon.
So Joe Philley, when are you coming out here?!
#sorrynotsorry #SundayFunday #ingressfieldreport #ingress #resistanceisneverfutile
Ingress Niantic Project Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller John Hanke

How do you make sure your long links don't cross any short links? I know you can take down enemy links, but what if your own small fields and links are in the way? You can't exactly wait for them to decay ...
ReplyDeleteI see in that second picture your using the same script that was advised not to be used by Google.
ReplyDeletealonzo torres when was that? i've only seldom used it myself, cause its buggy as hell but i like that portal info is to the side instead of those pop-up boxes
ReplyDeleteThe other question is who maintains them ...
ReplyDeletewell done guys!
ReplyDeleteMalik Depthside What about it is "buggy as hell?"
ReplyDeleteupdates failing on some occasions, also choppy at times
ReplyDeleteMalik Depthside As opposed to the regular app? :) It's just using the same data that the regular app does, which, yes, fails more than one would like it.
ReplyDeletethats what i said
ReplyDelete