A Surprise Visit to a Chinese Monastery

A Surprise Visit to a Chinese Monastery

We did not plan to visit a monastery today. After house cleaning, I logged onto #ingress Intel home page and found a nice portal cluster for the taking, near our home. Time for an adventure!

Such is the beauty of #Ingress . We visit local places that we wouldn't dream of visiting. The monastery is huge. Coincide with the Qing Ming festival, there was a huge crowd at sight. While people were busy praying, Cynthia Arianto and I were busy capturing and hacking portals. It was a good opportunity for my mother from Hong Kong to do some sightseeing too.

It was a rainy day. But we have accomplished what we have set to do. On our way back, we upgraded some nearby portals inside the government housing area. One agent (player) noticed our in-game whereabouts asked if we wished to meet at a train station nearby. I said sure thing!

Together we took down another portal, built some fields. He passed me some in-game stuffs. I offered to drive him to a nearby cluster for more portal upgrade and farming. He hesitated and opted to walk instead. My overwhelming enthusiasm must have intimated him somewhat. But I insisted.

We have not met before. But #Ingress is a game that bring social networking to a whole new level. We meet, face to face.

After our walk that took close to an hour, our new friend and us parted. My wife, my mother, and I headed to the library nearby for more portal upgrade and hacking. Since we needed to stay in the area for 20 minutes, we browsed books and I ended up borrowing one. I even met a colleague of mine whom we often participate in our company's volunteering events. My colleague and I chatted. When the time was up, three of us visited a food court nearby and had chicken claypot rice for dinner. We planned to cook at home but it was too late.

What an eventful day! We could have simply stayed at home the whole day. All thanks to #ingress .

PS. All photos taken using #nexus4 and processed by #snapseed .

PS. The full name of the monastery is Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery.

#singapore







Comments

Popular posts from this blog