Congrats guys well done!


Congrats guys well done!

Originally shared by Lamont Massey (BOOMBASH)

BOOMBASH [[[-_-]]]™
2,000,000 AP! #INGRESS
Atlanta, GA 4.23.2013
I just love this game... +1
Another milestone reached! Lots of hard work pays off. Big thx to the agents that helped me along the way! Big ups to the ATL Elite 8... Thx to the ATL Enlightened for supplying the AP for me.
Also be on the lookout for MRSBOOMBASH Sherry Lewis , she now has the Ingress bug! =)
Ingress Metro Atlanta Ingress Resistance Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Niantic Project DeCode Ingress Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Zeke Cao Brian Rose RaMs BaMs Scott Patton Kira Kroger Linda Besh Cade Roux Ingress Resistance (Unofficial) #ATLRESIST #ONEOFTHEBESTINTHEWORLD!
P.S. I would love some high powered cubes to share. Thx!
[[[-_-]]]™

Comments

  1. 404 ;) that's the correct status for a blue guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott Jacobs nice! Anyone know what the global point leader is? I just hit 3 million yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prophet Splatt only 2 with 5 million?

    Scott Jacobs interesting... I'd be interested to see if there is a place with that info lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott Jacobs I feel measly with my newly 3 million AP now ;-) (I've had to do mine in a majorly infested smurf area though or I'd be higher :'( )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott Jacobs thanks :-) and yeah every area IS different... I started playing Nov. 21st too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rumor has it that there are players in Russia with over 8 million AP... I don't know how much truth there is to that, but maybe Joe Philley can confirm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I've been asking around lately, and I just heard today that there might be someone in Germany with around 11 million AP... But not sure how true that is. At this point I doubt anything would surprise me lol. Joe Philley ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a L8, I think it's ludicrous to continue monitoring and gaining AP when there are people in your faction who are trying to level up. I am over 1.2 million, sure, but my AP beyond that isn't helping me any. 

    Can someone explain to me why we would congratulate people for hoarding the AP opportunities inside their communities?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ↑↑↑↑↑↑
    there is always a killjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doug McHone it's a game. It's all about having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not trying to be a killjoy. And I'm extremely active in my local faction. My role has changed though from leveler to supporter. I've gotten pretty handy with my XMP, softening up targets without taking them out. I also farm like crazy and supply those who are trying to level up.

    Why? Because the best portal I can make by myself is L5. I need other players to add their resonators to make a better portal. And if I take all the AP for myself, it prolongs the time it takes to get my teammates up to L8 as well. 

    It's all strategic. And sorry for saying it out loud, but it's a more team-centered approach than trying to get 20 million AP for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doug McHone while there are players that hoard AP I can assure you that Lamont Massey isn't one of them. We have 50+ lv8 agents in Atlanta and we are all active in taking lower level players out to level them up. The celebration here Is exactly because of that reason. Lamont Massey has reached this milestone WHILE helping his teammates and NOT being selfish. THAT'S the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thx Danny Pelaez , I couldn't have said that better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I was just asking a question.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doug McHone I hope my response came across as just an answer to your question. It certainly wasn't intended as anything else. I completely understand that there are indeed players who are more selfish. Lamont Massey isn't one of those. At least not now ;) His level 1- 3 days we'll just call a learning curve. He's quite the team player and again, this Is why we celebrate his achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You don't know me and I don't know you. There are some who place individual goals over the goals of the team. Whether anyone falls into that category is not for me to decide, so perhaps "hoarding" wasn't the best term to use. 

    But I do stand by my game philosophy that this is a community oriented game. And the faction in any area with the better community (teamwork, communication, cooperation) is the team that will be dominant. In the Des Moines Resistance, we express that philosophy differently than most of the groups I have come into contact with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What Danny Pelaez said! There is absolutely no way to get NO AP in the game even helping others level up... heck you even get AP for upgrading a resonator to make high level farms... I give my AP away constantly, I'm at 3 million because I've helped people THAT much... If I was hoarding AP I'd be over 8 million by now...

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off, well done, Lamont Massey!  But I want to add that, as one of Doug McHone's local teammates, I think this is a matter of perspective. You guys operating in large metro areas like Denver have many more players, portals and what I assume is much higher turnover between the teams. AP is easier to reap and it's quicker to reach L8, I'm sure.  Out here in the sticks, we have fewer portals and players--and even fewer L8s. If an L8 around here was running around hoarding AP (or even appearing to do so), it would make the game a lot less enjoyable for the rest of us.
    Keep Resisting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also have become more of a supporter then an AP hunter now I am at level 8. The chase/race to the higher levels was really very fun so when/if higher levels are announced, I hour they reset all level 8s back to the level 8 mark! I.e. 1200k

    ReplyDelete
  20. Phillip Malone Then that would reset all of our points that reflect how much action we have put into the game! :/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Daniel Schmidt Possibly. Hey, keep a total and "leveling" amount but thats the whole issue! There is no direction right now what to do after level 8! It could be argued that getting AP for AP sake is valid, and it is. But equally valid is forgoing AP and helping others get the AP they need to level. Equally valid is doing stategic things that create Epic outcomes!

    In interviews, Niantic Team members have said part of the games purpose was to bring people together to work together, and in our area in our faction that has been a huge push of anyone getting to level 8. Help others take portals, give them keys to link and get more AP, etc. With no target on level 9 or above, it seems unfair to punish us for trying to achieve a goal of the game! 

    So you maybe right, a reset might not be the best way to do it. Perhaps have an AP count and a level count down (i.e. once you get the AP needed figure to 0, you level up) but to not put all level 8s on the same footing to get to level 9 (if there is a level 9) seems like it would be a huge mistake! part of the fun is the chase and if 8 people in a faction in an area get upgraded to lvl 9 day one it would break the game as much as never adding a new level! 

    I have never played a game like WOW. What did they do when adding new experience levels?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog