How very true and well done agents


How very true and well done agents

Originally shared by Appliantologist

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting  _ Sun Tsu _ The Art of War 

I've been playing ingress for about 4 months now. 3 mil ap and I was in the process of dumping hundreds of items to other agents to sign off for a bit. I took a bunch of l6l7 items, a fresh l8 player  Roman Valentinovich  and one of our guys with his sights set on world domination Sergey Nadeev and headed off to Simferopol, a town about 70 away to drop supplies to our faction mates Виктор Лебедев and Валентин Хацаюк 

+Виктор Лебедев couldn't be reached via protocol methods and we decided honking the horn outside his house at midnight might blow our cover,  but luckily agent +Валентин Хацаюк jumped on his bike in the middle of the night with complete disregard for his exams in the morning came out for the drop. This was our first meetup with him.

When Valentine showed up on his bike, Roman Valentinovich  and I went up to him and said, Hi, 

then waited....

The eerie silence was broken by a "Well?" from Roman, and another short pause,...

"The Password? " he continued.... 

Now with a look of utter confusing Valentine replied "What password?"

I played bad cop: "He doesn't even KNOW ABOUT THE PASSWORD, let alone the password itself! We got a smurf...."

By this time Valentine was already eyes wide open explaining he was new and I looked over at Roman who was no longer able to keep a straight face. We left him with few hundred bursters and resonators l6l7 and went off to wipe the town off the map and head home.  As we walked way I looked back to see Valentine smiling ear to ear as he rode off into the rainy night, hurried to get some rest before his exams.

 We set up something like 70  l6 portals in the next 6 hours. Sergey Nadeev with a scanner bloating from bursters quickly toasted portals, deploying the first and last l6 resonators while we mopped up and upgraded them. Much AP was gained with signifigant progress made towards L7 by Sergey Nadeev 

When we returned in the morning and the Local Yokels from the resistance began reading their comm, there was the typical exchange about how the other guy's mom dressed them funny et al, and then some comments that we'd gone to the next town over. Laughter and prodding about the gas used by a factions that has pretty much remained idle for more than a week, with the local enlightened holding 95% of the portals. 

Then one of the players revealed their strategy.... 
They said "level up on recharging"  
Frankly in the last couple weeks, we've hardly seen the resistance do much of anything, they haven't even tried to touch our huge farm in weeks. 
Their leader chimed in repeating the same thing, "Level up on recharging"

After a relatively lax fight over the last month, in the last few days we can clearly see that the new strategy is to prevent the local enlightened from simply leveling up. This is all in comm,.. followed by some statements that the guy who thought up this strategy is smarter than the rest of us and they had big plans.. (sic)

If they are using this strategy they don't represent very good opponents for the local enlightened. They have more players, they even have made l7 portals by 8 l7+ players but they seem to have admitted defeat.

If such is the case, referring to the quote at the start of this, we have achieved supreme victory.

This of course, represents a problem, since we have a few new players with nothing to do. I would like to propose a potential solution.

I submitted 11 portals that are now online in a park at the Academy of Finance 
http://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=44.602802,33.458959&z=18
You can see some more pictures here.
http://www.sibs.uabs.edu.ua/index.php/pro-instytut/photogalery/category/4-terinstit.html

Can I get invites and do drops there? I would recruit for the resistance, but this requires and email and I doubt the locals would consider this as unbiased as some clearly planned drop. 

I could do some unbiased distribution leaving the agents to choose their own faction.  I could print up flyers for an event, figure out some distribution method, then document the event and send it to
Ingress we could set up the portals on this place as l1 and drop lots of items on the surrounding area to help spur activity.

While it might not be orthodox for enlightened to want to recruit players for the resistance, it seems the best way to create a more dynamic game in light of the poor strategy chosen by our key opponents. Jonas Wilms posted an event idea, but frankly we get no real interest from the resistance for any kind of face to face battles, they consider it a trick to get them to waste bursters.

My suggestion to our agents that I change faction and make up the difference myself was frowned upon.  

#ingressinvite     #ingressreport   #ingress  

Screen shot from right after our raid.

Comments

  1. Thanks! We got some invites and RL8 agent Natalia Butenko has agreed to help

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog