Its good to hear that the "cool kids" are talking about #ingress but are they really agents
Its good to hear that the "cool kids" are talking about #ingress but are they really agents ? that's the answer your looking for...Your invite code has been sent
Originally shared by Adam Abbott
So, there's this thing all the cool kids are talking about called #ingress, that Laura Walsh and I have been going on about for ages. It's an augmented reality game for your #android based smartphone thats currently in closed beta, (And I am still hoping for an #ingressinvite, myself.) Basically, it uses your phone's GPS to locate and identify virtual game objectives in the real world. It's kind of like geocaching meets Risk. Awesome concept, right!?
Now, the problem here is that I don't have a smart phone. I've gotten by for ages on wifi, with skype and google voice. I don't get out much, I have no real burning desire to, so I haven't had any justification for it. But this game? Yuuuuup. that piqued my interest, to say the least.
All the conditions were right, and I finally caved. Laura Walsh and I have both had terrible luck with phones. Mine being nearly nonexistent, and hers always having had issues, needing to be tethered to a power source to even function. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a mobile phone? So she needed a new one, and I needed a new one, and a phone plan for two is much cheaper than two phone plans for one, right? You can see where I'm going here.
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1341/pt_1341_11526_o.jpg
So, here it is! A pair of matching #samsunggalaxys4 that will be delivered at the end of may! I am super excited about getting to play #ingress (I'll be going #enlightened, of course! Take that, #resistance!)
It would be perfectly justifiable to say that I'm getting this new phone solely for the purpose of playing ingress. Sure, having a phone will be nice, but I don't /need/ one. The other reasons are simply justification.
I was reading an article on the demographic of ingress over here,
http://simulacrum.cc/2013/01/23/the-demographics-of-ingress/
and a particular point of interest caught my attention. Average consumer costs came to $79.84, in data plans, new hardware, etc. With a new phone and a two year contract, I'll be looking at around 2000 dollars to play ingress, myself. A little over the average, but totally worth it. So look out world, I'm coming to hack your portals!
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1341/pt_1341_11526_o.jpg
Originally shared by Adam Abbott
So, there's this thing all the cool kids are talking about called #ingress, that Laura Walsh and I have been going on about for ages. It's an augmented reality game for your #android based smartphone thats currently in closed beta, (And I am still hoping for an #ingressinvite, myself.) Basically, it uses your phone's GPS to locate and identify virtual game objectives in the real world. It's kind of like geocaching meets Risk. Awesome concept, right!?
Now, the problem here is that I don't have a smart phone. I've gotten by for ages on wifi, with skype and google voice. I don't get out much, I have no real burning desire to, so I haven't had any justification for it. But this game? Yuuuuup. that piqued my interest, to say the least.
All the conditions were right, and I finally caved. Laura Walsh and I have both had terrible luck with phones. Mine being nearly nonexistent, and hers always having had issues, needing to be tethered to a power source to even function. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a mobile phone? So she needed a new one, and I needed a new one, and a phone plan for two is much cheaper than two phone plans for one, right? You can see where I'm going here.
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1341/pt_1341_11526_o.jpg
So, here it is! A pair of matching #samsunggalaxys4 that will be delivered at the end of may! I am super excited about getting to play #ingress (I'll be going #enlightened, of course! Take that, #resistance!)
It would be perfectly justifiable to say that I'm getting this new phone solely for the purpose of playing ingress. Sure, having a phone will be nice, but I don't /need/ one. The other reasons are simply justification.
I was reading an article on the demographic of ingress over here,
http://simulacrum.cc/2013/01/23/the-demographics-of-ingress/
and a particular point of interest caught my attention. Average consumer costs came to $79.84, in data plans, new hardware, etc. With a new phone and a two year contract, I'll be looking at around 2000 dollars to play ingress, myself. A little over the average, but totally worth it. So look out world, I'm coming to hack your portals!
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_1341/pt_1341_11526_o.jpg
Well, by cool kids, I of course mean our very particular, and very unique brand of cool kids. You guys know who you are!
ReplyDeleteLaura Walsh, Alan Kidd
Enlightened!!
ReplyDeleteThe enlightened just think they are cool. The #resistance is the way to go if you are truly awesome
ReplyDeleteI wanted to join the resistance. I really did. But I decided that not /everyone/ can be the underdog. Not everyone can be the hero and save the day and fight for justice. When justice becomes the dictatorship, thats when you submit, and fight for The Way.
ReplyDeleteDon't be surprised that XMs are NOT visible on SGS4 and it is really hindering. I don't know if it's Samsung's (drivers) or Niantic (code) fault, just saying.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up! The phone isnt released from verizon for another month, so hopefully it'll get ironed out.
ReplyDeleteAdam Abbott the enlightenment are the good guys ;)
ReplyDelete