Meeting the other side is not always what you expect it to be.
Meeting the other side is not always what you expect it to be.
Originally shared by Sean “GIBson3” Arnold
So this evening one of our 2 active local smurfs was out eating the portals, being awake and seeing no response on comms I decided I'd rise to the occasion and try to at least slow him down. Knowing that he had at least 2 levels on me I was pretty sure that my counter-strike would fail.
I hop in the car and 7 minutes later I park and make for the closest portal, after unloading on it and taking it back the banter in comms starts. About 10 minutes of back and fourth we meet face to face, We've chatted/bantered on comms for a few months now, we make quick introductions discuss phone issues and ultimately end up at a local bar.
We enjoy a pint, chat for about an hour and then get back to our war... A little bit warmer, beer on board and legs refreshed, ultimately the evening didn't result in my gaining level 6, nor likely he gaining level 8, but I'm OK with that I think I walked away with more than that last 50k would have given me...
So again I find myself wanting to thank Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller and the rest of the people at #nianticlabs for the wonderful experiences they've given me with #ingress, I'd also like to thank Rhett Hook for the pint it was mighty tasty, next time I'm buying ;-)
Originally shared by Sean “GIBson3” Arnold
So this evening one of our 2 active local smurfs was out eating the portals, being awake and seeing no response on comms I decided I'd rise to the occasion and try to at least slow him down. Knowing that he had at least 2 levels on me I was pretty sure that my counter-strike would fail.
I hop in the car and 7 minutes later I park and make for the closest portal, after unloading on it and taking it back the banter in comms starts. About 10 minutes of back and fourth we meet face to face, We've chatted/bantered on comms for a few months now, we make quick introductions discuss phone issues and ultimately end up at a local bar.
We enjoy a pint, chat for about an hour and then get back to our war... A little bit warmer, beer on board and legs refreshed, ultimately the evening didn't result in my gaining level 6, nor likely he gaining level 8, but I'm OK with that I think I walked away with more than that last 50k would have given me...
So again I find myself wanting to thank Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller and the rest of the people at #nianticlabs for the wonderful experiences they've given me with #ingress, I'd also like to thank Rhett Hook for the pint it was mighty tasty, next time I'm buying ;-)
I met am enlightened at the Alamo. He was like "what are you doing on my terf?! Jk I'm John nice to meet you! :) " lol it was great.
ReplyDeleteThis is how it should be. We're not part of a gang, but we're part of a community.
ReplyDeleteNice story.
Yeah, I party with frogs. They're good people, mostly.
ReplyDelete