So far we only give those out....but that is a thought.


So far we only give those out....but that is a thought.

Originally shared by Joseph Cunningham

My last day in Portland, made it to the #chrome store and picked up a patch!  Didn't see any Level 8 patches. :(   #nianticlabs   #nianticproject   #ingress   #ingressresistance

Comments

  1. Joe Philley "So far we only give those out..."  How do L8 Agents go about getting one...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More interestingly, how do "non agents" go about becoming "agents"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali Saab I got one for hosting an event, one that is actually going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali Saab You need to be at an event with a Niantic person and show them your scanner to prove you are A8
    Zenobius Jiricek http://ingress.com and Request an invite

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have TONS of events in NYC, never heard of anyone getting a patch for it... Eric Hansen do you let Niantic people know when you hold events...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali Saab I had to. I applied to be a Campus Agent for Ohio State University. There's also ingress.com/reports/

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Cheng Thanks, Hey Joe Philley When's the next event in NYC...? I've been L8 for a while and I want a patch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a disgrace to hold the Ingress sign up side down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They've publicly said there are no plans for more levels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you made a field that required L8 portals on each leg?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a 651 KM long link. In NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, if you'll go back and re-read my unedited post, I asked if you made a field that required L8 portals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in the center of Columbus, i'm aware of how dense the links can be. You're missing the point. From Columbus, if we make portals on the east side, we can just reach portals on the west side of D.C. To the south, there' aren't any major cities on the bubble. Instead, we're looking at covering the entirety of Indiana, some of Michigan, Illinois and most of Kentucky and Ohio with a web of fields.

    If you're not using P8s to shoot long distances, you're just farming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thomas Garman Well said.  In NYC L8 portals have a gnat-like lifespan.
    Would still LOVE to hear from Mr. Joe Philley about an Ingress event in NYC...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I mean, to cover large distances like that...there's so much crap in the way...when I go upstate though, it's easy to see how large fields get created - there's less junk to block your links.  You also need to drive miles to get to the next portal, so farming, etc. is hard too, but then again, in upstate NY, every town has multiple churches, so there's the potential for multiple portals per town, just need agents to submit them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog