Team work and a large amount of driving has really paid off here...Well done people.

Team work and a large amount of driving has really paid off here...Well done people.

Originally shared by Mike Nielsen (The Agent)

Operation: Once in a Blue Moon (Boulder City, NV Operations)

This operation has been in the works for a while.  It started after my mega field in Eastern Utah from Price to Vernal to Moab.  I gathered keys in Moab and Green River and knew this was the start of getting key portals to cover the state in blue.  I knew I was going to need help, so I reached out to the resistance in Las Vegas and zachery beach replied and helped coordinate the efforts there.

I knew I needed to also gather keys in Wendover as this was going to be another key point.  So, on the day of the Utah Anomaly at the state capitol building, I left for Wendover with Neal Midgley knowing that there was going to be a lot of activity throughout the state.  We burned out the 10 portals there and gathered several keys only to see our portals being destroyed by a couple of enlightened players an hour after leaving Wendover.  Apparently, they were there already, waiting for us to leave.  Luckily, Brandon Burrup, Jeremy Roberts and Timothy Johnston went out there later that night and took back all the portals and gathered keys themselves.

I had plans to go to UNLV on the 25th of April because my wife was involved in a singing competition.  This also coincided with a partial lunar eclipse on the same night.  Even though the lunar eclipse was not visible from the U.S., we decided that this would be the perfect night to launch operation “Once in a Blue Moon” and cast a blue shadow on the state of Utah.

I had two key points now to create a huge field from Wendover to Green River and to Boulder City, NV if I received some help from the Las Vegas resistance.  I thought if we had that link from Wendover to Green River, we could complete another field over the Wasatch Front if we had some agents go to Northern Utah or Southern Idaho.  

I made the pitch to our group and several people were willing to help out.  Timothy Johnston, Joshua X Lowell and I met up to discuss the logistics of our plan and exchange keys.  Brandon Burrup went to Wendover, Timothy Johnston and 2 others went to Green River, Tyler Steele, Grant Barney, Joshua X Lowell and Brian Sorensen   went to Idaho, and I, Mike Nielsen,  went to Boulder City, NV.  Jeremy Roberts and Wade Christensen provided some keys for the group as well.

As we all left for our various locations that evening, several of us were running behind schedule.  The plan was to put up the field around 10:00PM MST.  We finally made our destinations and were messaging back and forth to find out when everyone was ready.  I met up with a few L8 resistance players in Boulder City who were waiting for me including +William Olsen.  We chatted for a while and shared ingress stories.  At about 10:45PM, it was time and we all made our links.  As everything went up and I saw the fields on a tablet, a shout of joy went out and we all congratulated each other.  We did it!  We covered the state of Utah in BLUE!  It was one of the funnest nights playing ingress.  

Many thanks for all that were involved, especially my fellow resistance friends in Las Vegas.  We couldn’t have done this without you.

#ingress   #ingressreport   #utahresistance   #utahanomaly   #resistance  
Ingress Niantic Project Joe Philley 





Comments

  1. Ian Smith  the majority of us included this in vacations we were able to plan and coincide with the others. Myself and my 2 counterparts who set up the Green River/Moab Links ended up spending the next day hiking our national parks. The OP was in Vegas on a trip. The only other team did drive up to Idaho, but one team out of 3 that didn't have plans for a field this big is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks