Team work....Very nice.


Team work....Very nice.

Originally shared by Chad Walter

 

Operation Frigid Field -

As a new L5 I made a trip to Cleveland, stopping on the way up, in West Salem and the way back in Ashland - doing bad things all over the place.  At this time, I hadn't made any large fields and really had no plans to do so.  However, the stop in Ashland yielded important keys - Ashland Fire Department and Ashland Historical Society at 420 Center St. (this will make sense later if it doesn't already).  

A going away party in Harrod, OH, for a dear friend heading overseas, gave me a reason to cruise Lima.  Doing so, had me run across Agents Duffmahn (Scott Duffy) and WolfLebowski (BIG LEBOWSKI), in a meet and greet, gear dump and sharing of Ingress knowledge.  I headed to the party and had a great time, but already was hatching grandiose plans.

Shortly after I got home, Operation Frigid Field was born.  With two portals in Lima (NW 1 and 2), two portals in Ashland (NE 1 and 2) and two TBD spots in Circleville (S 1 and 2).  I figured two spots in Circleville, generally in line with one another N to S would be good recipients from the NW and NE corners.  Little did I know, Agent Achilles8 (Brady Hayes) had some left over keys to Waverly, even further S of Circleville from his previous Operation - Achilles Arrow (S 2).  After discussing the S corner with Agents liberus (Aron Price) and fleetoffeet (Sam Wilson) we agreed the "Our Safety Forces" (S 1) in Circleville would make a good position.  At this point a nice CF within a CF was constructed.  Then the bonus - in speaking with Agent Wildblue (Seth J) he pledged SWORD support for a little something extra Achilles8 and I were planning, links from NE 2 and S 2 straight into the spaghetti bowl of SW Ohio.  As many as 30 different portals were considered for the bonus action.   

Concurrently, I was trying to determine who would do what, or what I would call "task organize".  After a little bit of swapping of roles, I finally settle on four portal teams - Waynesfield (NW 1 and 2): Agents BiffLiberty (Matthew Toomey), Snowflake83 (Natalie Saul) with reinforcing help from WolfLebowski; Ashland (NE 1 and 2): the lone Achilles8; Circleville (S1): liberus and fleetoffeet; of course the Waverly team/family (S2): Agents cwalter9 (Chad Walter) and Kymora (Kerry Walter).  As important, the east side assassins/blockers/knock down team of Agents tthawk, darbydog (Todd Majidzadeh) contraband (Devin Lumpuy) and of course chefberardi (Mike Berardi) conducted operations in the danger area, knocked out booger portals and had deep one-way conversations with some of the moldiest Agents the Enlightened has to offer.  Their work, being conducted on the AWACS/Intel by Agent chosenplague (Chris Bowles) resulted in nothing short of mission success - no links, no problems.    

On Friday, 19 April 2013, the final Operations Order (OPORD) was published (http://db.tt/PXfNrkD2) and provided to all participants.  Additionally, a half-assed hangout was conducted, which seemingly created more questions than it provided answers (I recommend not using video in the future, plus I don't want to see Brady drive while talking, he ends up in ditches :) ).   

By noon on Saturday, many Agents were moving or were preparing to move. After Natalie Saul and I got my Command Post washed, I decided I needed a good luck charm and diverted to Graeters for some ice cream.  She asked where I was going, I replied Graeters.  She asked again, where, I replied Graeters.  She asked again, which was when she learned I knew sign language as I maneuvered my hand in what felt like eight characters.  She exclaimed "I didn't know you knew sign language!"  I don't.  I fooled her with the awesome movements of my hand :)  The NW portal team was in position by 3:30pm (consolidating NW 1 and 2 to NW), anxiously awaiting word from the NE corner, which had plenty of mold to clear out.  No less than 10 portals needed leveled with plenty of CFs/links to knock out as well.  S1 and S2 were in place by 4pm.  Achilles8 made his way into town and had the best quote of the day "I touched two", then went forth and crushed Ashville in pursuit of L9 ;)  

At 4:22pm I gave the PROWORD and the first link from NW to NE 1 was thrown.  S1 threw to NE 1. And when attempting to throw from NW to S1, I almost broke my hand on my steering wheel.  Clearly the shapers had sent a communique to the slime, for they had sent a link from Columbus to Dayton, totally blocking the way.  Immediately coordination took place to knock it down.  During this time, NW threw to NE 2.  After what seemed like an eternity, but was only a few short minutes, SWORD/Agent wildblue reported the link had been destroyed and at 4:41pm NW linked to S1 - 571144 MUs.  NW linked to SWORD, followed by S 2 link - 331476 MUs.  S 2 linked to NE 2 - 704584 MUs.  NW linked to RAF Burtonwood, S 2 linked to the same - 702950 MUs.  S 2 linked to S 1 - 66937 MUs.  NE 2 linked to Lancaster, S 2 linked to Lancaster - 217186 MUs.  

There were a few more CFs thrown, I think I got one (yes you spell numbers less than 10) MU, Brady Hayes got 300ish on a sliver from NW to a different NE spot.  There were a few hanging Chads thrown, which got some more.     

Agent WolfLebowski was about an hour late to the show, but actually was a huge help - he staved off the boogers for an extra 15 minutes before law enforcement ran him off.  Kudos!

The goal was to make the first CF at 4:20pm.  Some people tell me today means something more than just another day.

Main link got crushed at 5:57pm.  I would say one hour and 16 minutes.  Total count - 2,595,277 MUs.

Thanks to everyone involved, I really love how quickly everyone bought into this plan and wanted to violently execute things.  And for everyone who's opinion changed of me over the last seven days - thanks.  I can't wait to help you on a big field :)

Agent BiffLiberty (Matthew Toomey)

Joe Philley Linda Besh Brandon Badger  #ingressreport   #ingressresistance  Ingress  #ingressfieldreport

Comments

  1. I'm enlightened but I still admire the teamwork, nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also enlightened, but that is damn impressive. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game looks so interesting and awesome! Keep up the good work developers! Can't wait to join the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Mike Jackson take it down? He's boogersquad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog