I think we've all made some new friends,But hearing this is extra cool!

I think we've all made some new friends,But hearing this is extra cool!
Originally shared by Wilfrid Wong
What do one Canadian, one Burmese, and two Singaporeans who work in three different locations in Singapore have in common?
1. We are still passionate about #ingress
2. We often meet in one specific location during lunch to either hangout or get immersed with Ingress.
3. We didn't know each other till we signed up for Ingress.
For years I have worked in this rather remote location and have not met any new friends. I have to lunch by myself from time to time. Now, all of a sudden, I am meeting friends during lunch. Who would have thought?
Last week over our local Ingress chat, the Canadian shared with us that there is a new cluster popped up near his working location, which is in any normal given day, a little bit far from us. The cluster is actually located at the very far end of the island. But, we need varieties and new adventures from time to time. So I offered to drive and pick up everyone and to make the trip possible.
Changi Village is beautiful. We had a rather relaxing alfresco lunch at Botah Jones that serves - what they claim as - authentic American food. It actually tastes like a localized version of the Western food. Unhealthy, but tasty. After lunch, the Canadian showed us around what we consider as one of his home grounds. Each new portal points to a point of interest. I have been to Changi Village a couple of times and have not ventured out as far as we have walked that day. There was a ferry terminal (see photo). And there was this rather creepy Changi Hospital that looks like a haunted house up the narrow path. There was a hotel that I did not know existed before with balconies of different bright plastic colors (we joked that we should break the balconies up and submit each as a portal). A resort that is begging for portal submission. And we tried to walk as far as we could but the area of the cluster is huge!
An overall fun outing for three level 8 players and a level 7 player to upgrade and hack some portals, to discover new points of interests, and to bond with one another.
#singapore #snapseed
Thanks Joe Philley for the sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Story..Nice to see people from Canada playing/working in Singapore too !!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing that is such a cool story!
ReplyDelete