SAN ANTONIO'S FIRST AP GAIN EVENT!


SAN ANTONIO'S FIRST AP GAIN EVENT!
An underwhelming turnout yet fun was had by all involved!

Only 7 #Ingress players managed to turn out for the event today at the UTSA NW Campus, home to 13 portals - but they still managed to accumulate over a quarter of a million in AP between them!

First things first - the players from left to right below are Daniel Rodriguez (insignis EN6) Daniel Bellah (dbellah RE8) Marcella Michelle (MordekaiBlue RE8) agent rdavidr (EN1 - sorry man, forgot to get your details, will fix that ASAP!) Anthony Simmons (tesiansora - EN4) and Brian Trisler (Twizzla EN7) and then me with the camera - I (PatMan - EN8) didn't play, I just set them up and then watched them all run around :)

On paper, the Resistance won the event, with an average AP gain of 69995/player compared to the Enlightened's 32028/player gain.

However: agent tesiansora dinged his L4; rdavidr got the first 3K of his L1 (he started with 0 AP); both insignis and Twizzla are closer to their level-ups; both Resistance players were L8 so there was no benefit to their side overall. So even though we lost the competition, we gained more for our side from the event than our esteemed opposition did for theirs, so I'm going to call that #winning for us!

Unfortunately the organizer of the event, Aaron Adams, suffered flight delays and was unable to make it in time - but thanks for setting it up agent WastedWaters!

I'm going to put together a more detailed analysis later, but for now suffice to say that many things were learned by all who participated, and those lessons will be put towards making the next event even better :)

#IngressReport   #NianticProject  

CC: Joe Philley Brian Rose Brandon Badger Ingress

Comments

  1. joe I feel like I know you in small ways if u notice I always check what u r doing plz Dont aLeave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just hosted the practice run of a similar event for next week. Was similarly underwhelming but great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confused at why win gains are a TOS violation unless we label them as an AP gain event and have a bunch of people "cheat" at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess it is based on:

    Cheating: Don’t do it.   Methods of cheating, unfortunately, are limited only by cheaters’ imaginations, but include at a minimum the following: playing with multiple accounts (one account per player, please); sharing accounts; win trading; using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location; or selling or trading accounts.

    from:
    https://support.google.com/ingress/answer/2808360?hl=en&ref_topic=2799231

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had local players trying to accuse me of cheating because I traded portals back and forth with another L8 player out of boredom. Just looking for a little clarification.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well as more people play & more people saturate the prime time portals it's impossible to keep people from "AP/win trading" really. Because people of both factions often are there ALL day or at least specific times. The only thing that makes it against TOS is doing it on purpose!

    An event is an event! Lets not split hairs here guys. You're either intentionally "boosting" to cheat or you're taking part of a public EVENT where the goal is advancement & friendly competition.

    I do think all AP GAIN events should be posted publicly to avoid such claims or confusion. Don't know if that's in the rules doc or not but that's my personal opinion. NO ONE should be excluded that's for sure. I hope I'm still on topic here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog