Title


NIA headquarters is monitoring the effects. Feel free to send us feedback on the changes. I'm optimistic that this will be a net win for fun game play, but during the Beta we will of course be monitoring all the feedback and effects to optimize the fun factor. The NIA has lots of balancing tools for attack vs defense and the importance and balance of XM in the economy.

My advice is to have an open mind about the changes and to give it a few days in the field before jumping to a conclusion. We should get a lot of valuable feedback this week.

Certain things like building an L8 Portal or attacking a Portal farm might require more player coordination and cooperation. For example, a Portal can only attack so often, so if more players are attacking a Portal at the same time, then the Portal can't attack all of them at once.

It looks like XM will be a more important resource to collect and use. Coordinate with other players and go on plenty of walks with the dog to collect more XM. We'll also look toward more items like the Power Cube to help you in your journey.

Have fun out there!

Originally shared by Joshua Smith (jdthyme)

I am not commenting on my opinions on the XM cost changes. However, Portland, Oregon's Resistance have tabulated a bit of info. With the update, thought I would share the info we've gathered so far, as to costs and the like. Please feel free to share as you will, and offer constructive suggestions here as needed. If you choose to share, the short link is http://goo.gl/4xLJL

Edit: Since it has been asked privately, there are three tabs at the bottom outlining costs and max uses without a recharge or additional collected XM.

Ingress Niantic Project Joe Philley Brandon Badger 

#resistance    #XMP   #ingress

Comments

  1. If the xm could be used to defend portals (ie. Make portals decay at double the current rate but make using xm to take them down far more expensive), I could see this. But portals are now much, much harder to build and no easier to defend, so its not worth building them out any more.

    One man's opinion, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Philley i am a level 8 player and i can only make one portal! ONE! you totaly destroy ingress today! 6750 XM is way way to much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerald Scholz I don't think it Joe Philley fault it's likely more #ingress  in general.. I'm not sure how I feel about these changes.. But this seems like ingress just went into Hardcore mode...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know..  being a solo player I have to say.  This change sucks and it makes it unplayable.  (Dont cry about your Level 8 portals being easily knocked over, that wasn't what this nerf was about.  It was about screwing solo players by make it extremely difficult to set up ANY portal alone.).

    For instance, today I killed a level 1 portal with 4 L1 an 4 L2 resos.  It was easy, as it should be for a level 8 player.  Then I deployed.  BIG FUCKEN MISTAKE since I don't have any gear under level 4. At the end of deploying I'm down to less then 50% XM.  This was after I knew about the nerf.

    Before I knew about it I was in the field flash farming a 8 portal level 1 - 4 farm so I could get level 4 gear.. Oh you could guess how fun it was to knock over a portal, set it up and then having to use all my pubes because I didn't know why I was running out of XM after each recapture.

     Seriously, how are solo players  supposed to do shit in this game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking they should add some sort of class system. The game is about team work I know. So go for broke. There are those that don't even care much about linking and creating fields. They like smashing the other teams portals. And then there are those who really care about the links and fields. So why not make the game more suitable to those playstyles? You get a class or agent type that attacks and the xmps don't cost as much. Same for those who want to build. Make it so deploying resos don't cost as much. The strategy would really be important then. It even opens up the possibilty for other things. Some with greater range with scanner. Stronger shields when deployed. This could even be something to help with those that might get bored with "end game". Not much to do after L8 so how about earning ap towards various "skills" or scanner "equipment". The possiblities are almost endless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I noticed playing last night was that I could no longer be just an agent of destruction ripping through a neighborhood.  I had to actually pick and choose my targets, and use a power cube to keep going.  Seems like it does make the game more strategic.

    We're looking to see how it works out.  We've been so badly disadvantaged in my region that we're actually looking forward to the possibility that the other team can't just roll through and on a whim destroy everything we built in the last couple days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog