A fun day for sure.

A fun day for sure.

Originally shared by Andrew Belenkiy (Teyvill Dost)

Ingress Report. Moscow EMT-event 02: "Running Blind.
Results:

The Enlightened won the event
01 june 2013. 15:00-19:00 Moscow time
Actions total (accounted agents only): 11549
Agents total: 110+ (including Intel coordinators and EMT)
Part-time participants (COMM coordination only): 43;  Resistance: 15, Enlightened: 28
Full time participants in the field (Coordinated directly using Hangouts): 61; R: 29, E:32
Event masters: 5
Resonators deployed (accounted agents only): 4775; R: 2941 , E: 1834
Resonators destroyed (accounted agents only):5451; R: 3349 , E: 2102
Links created (accounted agents only): 261; R: 161 , E: 100
Links destroyed (accounted agents only): 279; R: 159 , E: 120
Fields established (accounted agents only):42 ; R: 16, E: 26
Fields destroyed (accounted agents only):45; R: 31, E: 14
Portal converters (Refactor/Virus) used:  3; R:1, E: 2
Team ‘Sensitive’ travelled: 9.7 km
Sensitive made 11411 footsteps.
Agents at the final meet-up: 32


Rules (very basic version)
Enlightened and Resistance should bring the Sensitive to their respective target portals. Sensitive travels along the links, making no difference, who owns the link. Under the field he changes his direction to best way to the finish of the faction who owns the field. If the link or the field is destroyed, Sensitive looses orientation, so d8 dice is used to determine direction where he moves. Specific rules are used to determine Sensitive behaviour in dead-ends (15 minute pause is timed to change situation) and on clusters (closely spaced portal sets).
Faction coordinators receive information of the color of the link/field Sensitive have chosen and approximate direction where he travels. If Sensitive looses orientation, faction coordinators don’t get information, where he travels until he meets link of any color or some portal. Factions does not know target portals of each other and should deduct them from adversary action. Starting portal is not known to the faction until the beginning of the event. However, both starting and finish portals can be deducted from the hints placed into the story and supporting graphics documents.

This is a loose translation: a lot of things are hard to be translated or include very specific information (e.g. streets’ names or event rules’ extensions)

I think Event was a success. Last time we’ve counted people using logs, and now we actually seen dozens of players. And we were hiding from them :) We went 9.7 kilometers. Sensitive made 11411 footsteps. At the final meetup everybody said they enjoyed the Event and thanked EMT for a good job.
Also we’ve got 2 weeks of decyphering all the tips we were hiding inside our documents and stories. There were three major tips and some misinformation) The Enlightened gathered a cryptoanalysis team working on our material for weeks. The Resistance agents gathered a night before the event and made a brainstorm. Almost all the tips were hidden via associations and Soviet history.

Teyvill, EMT scriptwriter

2 high-end PC and top-notch laptop were overwhelmed by the amount of data pumping through. Amazing, but what often saved the situation were landlines.
I spent most of the time estimating some very exotic situations which could have happened in the field. As a result two-pages rules note become massive 12-page rulebook. Those exceptions were hard to read, and at the end of the event  we’ve ran into completely underestimated situation, so I needed to improvize one more exception. Well, noone noticed anyhow.
Hints we were seeding into our storyline documents were interesting challenge, I think. Most of them required deep knowledge of city history and I think, we’ve made some people to learn it, studying something previously unknown.

@Vicinext, EMT Technical coordinator


I was late to my OPS center. And I was afraid: a lot of agents were counting on me, and I am bloody late from the meet-up.
But I made it in time. And there were no time to be afraid afterwards. At first I tried dividing people by groups and using separate Hangouts. But it lagged badly, so I came to using general Hangout.
Latitude also let me down: 15 minutes delay was critical. But still it gave me some understanding where people were.
After winners were announced, I tried getting up and realised it was very difficult.
But the most awesome thing was meeting our counterparts at the final meet-up. They’re as cheerful and sociable people as we are. Awesome.

@Stillru, Resistance coordinator.

Talking about impressions. Suddenly we’ve got a lot of portals in the Old Town. We gathered at least 1300 portal keys. I faced Item Limit a lot of times. Counting the keys I think I’ve managed to remember all 500+ portals. 
Also I wanted to kill @Vicinext for some complicated rules, it almost let us down at the end, agent @Businka saved the day by finally catching the Sensitive’s team on the bridge. And hung link from the Red Square almost killed me. So we had to put aside all tactics and improvise. And everything was in motion. Agent @Manaka and I (with help of agent @Neonazgul) had no time for breathing. 4 hours felt like 15 minutes. Also, I was impressed by the scale of fighting at the last hour.@Nagarjuna used an ADA Refactor. We were aware of that possibility but still weren’t prepared. 
And now I think that at the end of the day, our victory was provided by brute force, not tactics. Is it good or bad I don’t know.

@Inye, Enlightened coordinator.

Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger Brian Rose Ingress Joe Philley 
#emtmoscow   #ingressreport   #ingressresistancemoscow   #ingressenlightenedmoscow   #ingresseventmoscow  

Paul Gettle Linda Besh Kira Kroger 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title