Val Henderson Really? I thought I read an article somewhere about Google using an in-house version of Linux for most of their stuff. Still, it's particularly curious with it being the Niantic wing of Google ...
I don't understand why people are so weirded out when google uses apple products. Given that android and chrome os are both linux-based, them using windows would be even weirder.
If you have the disposable income to buy a computer based on looks, by all means do so. There are great stickers to make that light up apple logo look darn cool, and dual booting is not that difficult so you are not locked into the stock software either. Sometimes image is important.
"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
Erm, maybe I am just out of the loop here, buy why does this person have an Apple laptop with a Niantic logo on it? It's very confusing.
ReplyDeleteVal Henderson Really? I thought I read an article somewhere about Google using an in-house version of Linux for most of their stuff. Still, it's particularly curious with it being the Niantic wing of Google ...
ReplyDeleteEnd points mean nothing when your software is web based and cross platform ;)
ReplyDeleteRobert E Howard would be all about a FreeBSD based microkernel. The truly enlightened are a barbarian race.
ReplyDeleteEDIT:Still looking for the red barbarian faction.
Red3, standing by.
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean that the Samsung Chromebook sucks and you shouldn't spend the money to buy one, but instead an apple?
ReplyDeleteMario II Valenzuela, Well, you can't expect a giant tech company to do everything on a Chromebook, can you?
ReplyDeleteMacs and Chromebooks have completely different purposes. Also, they could have put a different OS in there.
argh crapple go away
ReplyDeleteI don't understand why people are so weirded out when google uses apple products. Given that android and chrome os are both linux-based, them using windows would be even weirder.
ReplyDeleteWhat is jeweled dagger?
ReplyDeleteIf you have the disposable income to buy a computer based on looks, by all means do so. There are great stickers to make that light up apple logo look darn cool, and dual booting is not that difficult so you are not locked into the stock software either. Sometimes image is important.
ReplyDeleteMy beef is with iOS, not Mac OS.
ReplyDelete