I remember meeting up....green or not this was a very cool thing to do.

I remember meeting up....green or not this was a very cool thing to do.

 #timezero   #saveklue   #ingress 

Originally shared by Jonathan Fitzwater (Fitz)

Sometime in Mid-May, I pondered the idea of starting over in the game of Ingress. Just going ahead and wiping out my account, that I started on January 15 and had accumulated 3.8m AP. This account was a part of the Second Ingress Anomaly Event in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. This account played a tiny part in covering Philadelphia, PA in a 2.3m MU field. This account, furthermore, was a part of the Great Gettysburg 429 portal L8 Farm, which I was proudly a member of Team Squirrel, all while sitting in the back of a minivans trunk space, deploying, farming and destroying anything and everything. This account was not an easy to give up. This decision was not an easy one to be made.

Two options were readily available to me:
1) Delete my account and start a new one as the same faction: Resistance
2) Faction change to Enlightened.

My, now defunct Faction Teammates, squandered the idea, but also insisted if I do so, just do Option #1. The only reasoning they could come up with is I/They would lose a teammate and a friend if I were to switch factions. (Yes, they said LOSE. I'll get back to that later.) I put off the idea for a bit and just kept going about my ways of playing the game.

Well after just literally saying “Who cares” and with no ties (or so I thought, because COME ON, it is just a game) to be severed, on June 10, I put in for a faction change. After receiving the email stating that it could take up 3 weeks for a decision, and a decision not being guaranteed to be in my favor, I decided to ask for an account deletion instead. That email asked me to reply back with “Delete” and my account will be deleted within in 24 hours. Once I replied back, I sent myself one of the MANY activation codes that I have possessed after months of playing. I go do my daily gym activities and come back to Ingress afterwards. Just like that, in less than 4 hours, my account was deleted. So I what I immediately did was create a new email address, used the Invite code that I sent myself, and started a fresh, new Enlightened account. I began this journey on June 10, 2013 @ 5 PM.
Over the next several days/weeks, I have been tracking my progress as a new player. Especially since the last time I played as anything below an 8 was in January/February. Here was how my progression was tracked:
Date – Time of Tracking: AP score (Difference between last notation, Level)
June 10 – 5pm: Level 1 started
June 11 – 5pm: 70,000+ AP (Levels 2 & 3 complete, Level 4 player)
June 12 – 1pm: 94, 482 AP (+24,482 AP)
June 13 – 7am: 118, 501 AP (+24,019 AP)
June 14 – 7am: 167,026 AP (+48,725 AP, Level 5 Player)
June 17 – 7am: 348,155 AP (+180,929 AP, Level 6 Player)
June 18 – 7am: 391,862 AP (+143,707 AP)
June 19 – 7am: 447,212 AP (+55,350 AP)
June 20 – 7am: 461,896 AP (+14,684 AP)
June 21 – 7am: 583,509 AP (+121,613 AP)
June 24 – 7am: 973, 550 AP (+390, 041 AP, Level 7 player),
June 25 – 7am: 1,034,344 AP (+60,794 AP)
June 26 – 7am: 1,056,203 AP (+21,859 AP)
June 27 – 7am: 1,129,658 AP (+73,455 AP)
June 28 – 7am: 1,194,953 AP (+65,295 AP)
*I helped my new faction create an L7 farm of a town that has 20+ portals in a quarter mile radius. The only AP I claimed was from destroying any enemy portals and finishing up Links/Fields after one of the players made L8 that night. I mentored a new guy on how to make fields/links, dropping him keys to the town, and helped him go from L1 to L3 in one hour.
**On the night of June 21, I helped High Level Enlightened Agents take out a 20+ L8 Resistance farm, that I helped build, protect and recharge, in my state. The AP gain was not that high that night for it was the great Inventory outage. But this night is noted for other reasons, explained later.
***On June 23, I tagged along with 7-8 L8 Enlightened players to take out West Chester, PA. As they raided the town, they allowed for me to deploy, claim, and link/field the town. The AP total for that day was 190k+.
For the explanations that I alluded to earlier, here is what I mean. Although I didn’t think I would lose friendships over this faction change, I kind of figured teammates definitely. One of the L8, senior members of the Delaware Resistance actually said to me, that if I were to come back, my trust would have to be earned again and my loyalty would be questioned. Others have said they felt threatened or I would do malicious attacks on them because I knew where they lived – and just recently found out where they lived right before the faction change, so they thought I planned this out. After the attack on June 21 of the 20+ L8 Resistance Farm, I was sent a PM by another L8, senior member of the Delaware Resistance stating that what I did was a personal low. How is playing a game that is about capturing portals, building fields and dominance, a new low? I have been pondering this statement for DAYS since I received it. I have no retort to it that would validate what I did in their eyes, so I will not do so. With those above interactions, I don’t know if I truly lost friendships, but I know, for some strange odd reason for playing a game, I lost respect from my former teammates of the other faction. Now I am not saying all have lost respect from me, because there are plenty that will still talk to me if I PM in Hangouts; asking me how I am doing, what level am I, how close to 8, do you need any items, “Hey come take out this portal”. I am even trying to help Low Level players on the other side by taking out their towns portals once a week because there is no other Enlightened activity in their area and giving them tips/guided help if needed. Also, in no manner did I EVER once give away any planned activities that have been talked about in my presence when I was a Resistance player. I play this game with integrity, respect and honesty. I would not try to gain the upper hand in any manner just because it would benefit me, or my new team. That is not who I am, nor will it be.
Now, here I sit, with only 1199900 AP, I am about to finish my last deed to make that allusive 1.2m AP mark to establish myself as an L8 player, again. That last deed - paying homage to my former teammates and faction - a hack on a Resistance portal. This journey was quite a rush. The first time I made 8, it took me 46 days to do so – January 15 to March 2 - and that was when the game was at its rawest form. This journey was quite the opposite, so to speak, with all the new updates that have been established since. But knowing how to play the game, knowing what I needed to be done, how it had to be done, and when it needed to be done made this 18 day trek what it was. So here it goes people… let’s make this L8 ride just as memorable.

Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Ingress

#myfinalingressstory

Comments

  1. As part of the 429 crew its hard to loose a team mate like Fitz. But the utmost respect on how he handled it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Title