This is what I love about #ingress
This is what I love about #ingress
Originally shared by Joshua Lutz
Our friend, and (unofficial, but undisputed) Enlightened Detroit leader Nick Dumas has a serious first world problem and I'd like us to dig deep and help him out. Even though he's on the wrong Ingress team ;)
Nick had a great idea to get himself entered in #ifihadglass and was chosen along with around 8000 other nerdy people to be in the first round of users for Google Glass.
Unfortunately, winning the contest was the easy part. Now Nick has to come up with $1500 (plus tax, and travel to Google) which is currently incompatible with his budgetary situation.
As a fellow Detroit Ingress player, nerd, and #ifihadglass winner, I would very much like to help Nick raise his #GlassMoney. We're talking old school "barn raising" or "rent party", but with an obvious nerdy next generation bend.
I'd love to see Nick reach his goal, get his glass and actualize his dream of revolutionizing training videos and training systems. I'd also like to see another pair of Glass inspiring the people of Michigan to make innovations in wearable computing in general.
I'm going to match the first $100 pledged by donors with my own money (I have a sponsor for my Glass, so I feel like this is the least I can do to help out Nick and the Detroit Glass contingent.) I'm also going to sponsor his air travel to NYC, SF or LA.
Please help Nick's nerdy dream come true. You can paypal me @ josh@lutz.com. If we don't reach our goal, your funds will be returned to you. If we do, Nick has assured me he will give all donors a personal demo. He will also sing his WEVR hit: Ingress Journey's "Faithfully."
Watch this post in the coming week, I'm also planning a bar night fundraiser to support this effort. We only have 13 days to scare up this money, so let's get creative and get started!
Please re-share.
Originally shared by Joshua Lutz
Our friend, and (unofficial, but undisputed) Enlightened Detroit leader Nick Dumas has a serious first world problem and I'd like us to dig deep and help him out. Even though he's on the wrong Ingress team ;)
Nick had a great idea to get himself entered in #ifihadglass and was chosen along with around 8000 other nerdy people to be in the first round of users for Google Glass.
Unfortunately, winning the contest was the easy part. Now Nick has to come up with $1500 (plus tax, and travel to Google) which is currently incompatible with his budgetary situation.
As a fellow Detroit Ingress player, nerd, and #ifihadglass winner, I would very much like to help Nick raise his #GlassMoney. We're talking old school "barn raising" or "rent party", but with an obvious nerdy next generation bend.
I'd love to see Nick reach his goal, get his glass and actualize his dream of revolutionizing training videos and training systems. I'd also like to see another pair of Glass inspiring the people of Michigan to make innovations in wearable computing in general.
I'm going to match the first $100 pledged by donors with my own money (I have a sponsor for my Glass, so I feel like this is the least I can do to help out Nick and the Detroit Glass contingent.) I'm also going to sponsor his air travel to NYC, SF or LA.
Please help Nick's nerdy dream come true. You can paypal me @ josh@lutz.com. If we don't reach our goal, your funds will be returned to you. If we do, Nick has assured me he will give all donors a personal demo. He will also sing his WEVR hit: Ingress Journey's "Faithfully."
Watch this post in the coming week, I'm also planning a bar night fundraiser to support this effort. We only have 13 days to scare up this money, so let's get creative and get started!
Please re-share.
Not to comment on my own post, but this only the tiniest way I can re-pay the Ingress community for all the fun, friends and experience I've collected while playing this game.
ReplyDeleteI travel for work and I can't tell you how awesome it is, to drop into comm, introduce myself and make instant friends in any city in the world. It lead to one of the best meals I had in Malaysia, some of the most fun I had in Thailand, very cool people and places in Nashville, Minneapolis, my own home in Detroit and more. I can't even count the number of awesome things I've seen playing this game. The camaraderie and experiences are priceless.
Now, who wants to sponsor some glass? I hear if you donate a hundred dollars, Nick Dumas will let me put a Resistance sticker on his truck and he won't even scrape it off like the last 5.