I had a blast and you guys really earned this one !

I had a blast and you guys really earned this one !

Originally shared by Jake T (jbaikge)

"Juliette, reporting in. We are assembled and mobile."

Team Juliette, forged from a fantastic combination of strategists and heavy-hitters (Bre B, Stephanie Beach, Kevin Johnson, and myself), set off from Manassas, VA on the morning of Operation #Cassandra  in Washington DC. Our role started as field-prevention and possibly field creation in the areas Southwest of Washington DC. I rode with a laptop and tablet to view the intel map and communicate with those in DC fighting the good fight.

Our first stop was Vienna where we took out a number of portals to mitigate any opportunities for the Enlightened to link in that direction. We also managed to shoot a blocker link from Vienna back to Manassas (more on that later). Then, our map led us to Falls Church to clean out more potential anchors for the Enlightened. Everything was moving very smoothly up to this point...

Suddenly, the maps buckled; we were blind. The scanner showed green. Green for miles in every direction. My headset screamed, "BIG GREEN FIELD!" My stomach was in my throat. Tension soared in our van. Kevin Johnson  was able to get the map to show the field, and as we waited for the map tiles to load, my nerves calmed as the field didn't look very large at all. "Head West!" was my instruction; surely we just missed an anchor on our way out.

The map tiles came in, and the magnitude of the Enlightenment's feat hit like a wall of bricks. We were in the most central point of the field - the nearest anchor over 90 minutes away. Again, my headset screamed, "We're outnumbered!" Moments later, we lost Measurement 1.

We were blind, we were losing, our team needed us. "Juliette inbound," I barked into my headset. Our van screeched around a U-turn and we ate one more Battle Cookie on our way into the battlezone.

Washington DC

Our arrival was too late to participate in Measurement 2, so I lead the team directly into Cluster 3.

"Juliette on the ground, ready for assignment in Cluster 3."

"Juliette, Supreme Court," came the reply from our calm Intel Operator

We hiked our way toward the Supreme Court, noticing the Enlightened were adorned with fancy T-shirts. With Tourist-Mode activated, we actually stopped a few to ask what they were doing - Ingress? What's that? Oh cool! How would I join?

At the Supreme Court, we immediately captured, fielded, and shielded our cluster. Four of us stood guard while the lone security guard watched. A blocking link prevented us from sending our own links out, but Bre B and Stephanie Beach were dispatched to strike the anchor. 15 minutes to measurement, and no action. A few pot shots around the corner weakened the portals, but we recharged. Then, a handful of Enlightened bikers showed up and the battle was fierce. Two versus five, and we held them off. I peered back to see EIGHT more agents running across the street at us.

"Dingo at Supreme court," rang in my headset. It was our own team. 10 versus 5. I liked these odds. We fought until 1606 to make sure there was no doubt we held the volatile Supreme Court. Our next assignments came in and we started the journey to the Spy Museum.

The strike team dispatched earlier was on their way back. Bre B  called, "I just saw a group get into a taxi; they're headed your way!" To my surprise, next to me was a loaded van of the same agents I asked about Ingress earlier. I waved into the van excitedly; but only the driver waved back.

"Resistance wins Measurement 3!" burst forth from between assignments. There was now only a 6-point difference. Our long trek across town separated our groups, but the Operator still guided everyone to the right spots. I ended up with parts of a few teams at the Spy Museum, battling fiercely to hold that portal. I never left the deployment screen, even though the portal was Jarvis'd multiple times - we ADA'd it back before our scanners knew it.

The measurement time came in over our headsets and we knew we had it. We shouted incorrect times, while silently giving countdowns in our huddles. Our Intel Operators calmly started the final countdown; we were stone silent.

"3, 2, 1.." The sidewalk erupted with a cheer - the portal was blue, we kept it!

Penn Social

The tension and excitement was unbearable: Everyone was exchanging their stories, putting faces to agent names, all secretly waiting for the final results.

Our Operators chimed in - Resistance wins! Penn Social shook with a cheer. We did it. We all did it.

Only after all the excitement did I finally see the Enlightened field. Wow. That link we shot from Vienna to Manassas actually blocked the Southern link. If it weren't for Enlightened agents hanging back in Manassas to take it out, the megafield would have never happened.

Well done Resistance, well done Enlightened. We all accomplished something incredible.

Niantic Project & Ingress:

Kira Kroger, John Hanke, Joe Philley, Brian Rose, Mike Quigley, and Dr. Lynton Wolfe - Words cannot describe how grateful we are for you to take time and talk with agents about your magnificent creation.

Chuck Seward Kevin Hagan Paul Tate  

#Ingress   #Cassandra   #DCAnomalySitRep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog