Very nice Ladies !

Very nice Ladies !

Originally shared by Valerie “AnandaUK” Wallace

Operation Aqua Haggis. A Lady 8 farm with a difference...


At one point during Operation #cassandra it was said that we may have to start working together, Resistance and Enlightened. I figured this was as good a time to start as any. 

A couple weeks ago I saw another post from somewhere of a Lady 8 farm being created. 'I wish we could do that in Glasgow" I thought. The only problem was, we only had 7 female Resistance L8s. Then I had an idea. While we only had 7 female Resistance players, we did have 8 female L8's in Glasgow. 

I've met Enlightened agent MunkehB several times. We work for the same employer, in separate buildings but still fairly close so we tend to smash each other's portals quite often. We also turn to each other whenever there might be a little suspicion about an agent on the other's team, or anything else that might need to be discussed cross-faction. I decided to approach her first with my idea, because if she wasn't on board there was no point in approaching my own team. She immediately agreed. I then approached the other 6 ladies in my own team: would they agree to work with the so-called enemy to create some all-female L8 portals? To my amazement, every single one of them readily agreed. 

Next, we had to get our greater teams to support the plan, because we'd need a lot of ADA refactors and Jarvis viruses to pull this off. I set up a spreadsheet and each one of the ladies put down what they'd be willing to donate, as well as any others that were offered. We then set a date: 28/08/2013. While we waited for the date, another one of the female Enlightened agents - hexe - made it to Level 8. In fact, I'd encountered her in the park a couple days prior and encouraged her to try to get to L8 in time to join us.

 I worried for the entire two weeks that someone would beat us to this. As far as I know, no one has. Tonight, we set up 12 L8 portals, 6 blue, 6 green, each portal has 6 Resonators from Resistance agents, and 2 from Enlightened agents. We set aside our differences and worked together as a team to do this.

Thanks ladies, for entertaining my crazy idea and joining me in putting Scotland on the map!

Agents:
AllyMcBond (Res)
AnandaUK (Res)
beatknit (Res)
heds (Res)
hexe (Enl)
lizzierascal(Res)
minij82 (Res)
MunkehB(Enl)
weeafcon (Res)

And the guys who joined us for some good company and hacking:

Blinder (Enl)
Chandy (Res)
Fremlin (Res)
infoxicated (Res)
jayno (Res)
Roach2010 (Res)
TH65 (Enl)

Also, I highly recommend if you're going to do an Op, have a professional Photographer along - thanks TH65 for these cracking pictures!

#ingress  Ingress Brian Rose Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Joe Philley John Hanke Helen Hamilton Alison Ramage Lizzie Dewar millenia hexe Heather Shanks Jen Purden Carol Meldrum 

Comments

  1. Yeah, I need to get one Johnny Crediford I did get a Smurf colouring book tonight, from one of our agents who wanted to give me something for making the badges for the team :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks