RIP Carrie Campbell


RIP Carrie Campbell 

Originally shared by Niantic Project

When I received this poster, again signed by Tycho, I rushed back to Chicago. Hoping, I think, to prove him wrong.

I regret to inform you that I have identified the body of Carrie Campbell at a Chicago Morgue.

The Tycho image clearly showed part of a note written by Carrie, but when I asked the Detectives about it they were not forthcoming. I didn't show them the fragment from the Poster. They were visibly uncomfortable with my presence, and I'm fairly certain that operatives from an unknown organization had us under surveillance. It was a great risk going into a situation like that, for all I knew it could have been an NIA trap, but I had to do it.

As I was leaving, a figure emerged briefly from the shadows and bumped into me. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but later, I found a small folded up note in my pocket. Hurriedly scrawled upon it, I found this message, which I believe to be Carrie's final words:

Roland Jarvis deceived us at Cassandra. He unleashed the Civilization Self Destruct code. There is only one way to stop it. Do not misunderstand. This is not suicide, it is sacrifice. One life for a Civilization. Carrie.

While I feared this would be the outcome of Carrie's disappearance, I am saddened to have to verify it. I have lost a friend. We all have lost an extraordinary investigator and mind. 

Today, we must mourn and ask ourselves: Will this sacrifice be enough? The brash invasion of yesterday's Ingress Report by Jarvis is a sharp reminder of how greatly his power and influence has grown during and as a result of #Cassandra . According to him, this sacrifice changes nothing. My questions to you is, then what will?

A passcode to those who contribute thoughtfully to our discussion, as always.

Comments

  1. Maybe the supposed "enlightened lab coat wearing agents" are just inspecting the the glyphs to find out more for themselves, to find answers. Who's to say the enlightened had anything to do with her demise? Maybe we'll learn more as the story unfolds.

    p.s. Has anyone decoded what looks to be a shift cipher around the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire what shes done and wonder what this has opened up. Marlon Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, being enlightened looks more and more dangerous, scandalous, and plain old wrong as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been studying the Glyphs and have been trying to make use of them. If this is what it took to cancel the code I wonder what will be needed to not only reestablish the code, but deadlock it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would her death be a sacrifice to save a civilization? The only answer is, without knowledge she alone possessed the self-destruct cannot be initialized. So then the question becomes, what did she know that no one else knew? And can that knowledge be leaked elsewhere or will her death be in vain? Godspeed Carrie Campbell . we wish you safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, because Enlightened wins big  the storyline being bent to support Resistance? Fine..

    ReplyDelete
  7. open all, avoid enligtenment,destroy self, save future resist resist resist. this is not a suicide but a sacrifice, as these glyphs are seen, they spread the power of the shaper self destruct shall weaken. they feared us, so they tried to destroy us like past civilizations who tried to learn their tools. we must either teach the shapers not to fear us,or we must destroy them.there is no middle path.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the write round the edge a coded massage or are the glyphs on the body and floor the message? I think both must be handled with great care and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the text around the edge could be a caesar cypher. I hope to try and decrypt to make sense of this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. David DeVore translated for us last night. Translation follows: 

    "open all avoid enlightenment,destroy self, save future resist resist resist. this is not a suicide but a sacrifice, as these glyphs are seen, they spread the power of the shaper self destruct shall weaken. they feared us, so they tried to destroy us like past civilization who tried to learn their tools. we must either teach the shapers not to fear us,or we must destroy them.there is no middle path."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glyphs. And sure, I totally invite you to "unbias" the translation. I'd love to see how you spin it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog