It has been an awesome year...I remember our first meeting at Blackbird park.

It has been an awesome year...I remember our first meeting at Blackbird park.

Originally shared by Terry Stout

Today, November 27th, marks #MyIngressBirthday . It has been a full year that I have been been playing this game on a nearly daily basis, and I have to say, it has made a considerable impact on my life. They say that anything you do for 30 days will become a habit, so I guess this could qualify as an addiction.

When I started playing Ingress, I was the only Enlightened player in my area, portals were few and far apart, and it took me about 3 months, and a trip to Disneyland, to get to level 8. During that time, I joined my first, and only, social network (G+), and I started meeting vast amounts of people from all over the US and even other countries around world. 

Some of those connections have proven to be very valuable to me, while others have not, but it is the sense of community and enjoyment that some of these friendships have provided me with that I keep coming back to Ingress.

While I don't consider my accomplishments complete by any means, I am proud of what I have done so far. Some of the more notable things include:
- Becoming the first L8 (on either side) in my area of play.
- Being part of the team that established SoCal's first megafield.
- Developing a local community and helping others level.
- Co-hosting and planning a local Portal Anomaly Event.
- Planning and executing many large field operations.
- Building many farms and meeting other players from different places.
- Traveling to Vegas with a group of agents to put up their first L8 farm.
- Creating my own personal Ingress attire (light up hoodie) and swag.
- Climbing a mountain to claim a portal.
- Maintaining ownership of a portal for 250 days.

The memories of the various OPs worked, friendships made, feuds had and locations visited are the real value of this game. It is the experience of Ingress that I will never forget.

So I say thank you... Thank you to Ingress , to John Hanke , Brandon Badger , Brian Rose Joe Philley  and all the others who work at the Niantic Project. Thank you for providing the means for these experiences.

As for the many, important agents that I am in contact with nearly every day, and ya'll know who you are, I am grateful that you let me be a part of your lives.

Oh, and a big thank you to Angela Stout for putting up with me and my late nights of Ingressing long enough to get addicted to playing herself. :-)

#IngressYearOne   #IngressReport   #Ingress  














Comments

  1. Only Joe Philley can get the gates at Blackbird Airpark to open early. #JoePhilleyFacts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks