It was an incredible plan and really worked out....thanks agents.
It was an incredible plan and really worked out....thanks agents.
Originally shared by Steve Schwaller
Unight TX Sitrep
Who would do this?
Make plans to shoot long links really close to the major cities in your state. Add to that, all 4 major cities are anomaly sites the day you are making the links and they have their own big field plans and blocking links. Make sure you are shooting between 2 anomaly cities.
Nobody would plan for that. But we pulled it off.
It all started with a random message in faction COMM from Miguel G looking for a Houston contact. Project Blue Light was looking to make fields to cover the US. I agreed to help setup the TX anchor.
When that OP was included into #UnightUS everything got a little bigger. Now I became the TX state coordinator and had to organize clearing teams for 1700km of links. That was just the ground covered in TX. No other state had that much distance to clear.
Then the anomalies were announced and added to everyone stress trying to find people to assist without giving out too much info. I had to get local leaders in all the anomaly cities included to make sure that any large fields or blocking links were within our links. If there was a planning hangout that mentioned the word "field", i got pulled into it.
In order to have the links reach from TX to WI we needed 4 Link Amps and a L8 portal. The small problem here is that the nearest A8 to Victoria, TX is 150km away. To get 8 most of them would have to drive 2+ hours each way just to drop a res. I found those crazy people and they went down in 2s or 3s and powered the anchor.
The day before the OP, with the portal barely a P7, we noticed that 2 Houston Enlightened L8 agents @TehColdBoot @VonShinerBock were clearing a path from Houston to Victoria. They were headed to Goliad, TX to remove some old long blue links from an OP earlier in the week. The Enlightened didn't want it used against them in the anomalies. They stopped in Victoria and flipped everything in the city and helped one of their local agents level up. They flipped everything EXCEPT the one portal we needed. We were very lucky.
About midnight of go morning I left my house in Houston and headed to Victoria. about 30 mins into the trip i get called that there are some blocking blue links from some new agents and the local clearing team doesn't have enough Jarvis to clear them. I redirected out of the way about an hour to clear one of the links and drop more Jarvis for the local team to finish the rest.
Clearing the rest of the links around Victoria didn't take much since they were all green and I was armed for the anomaly later in the day. I finally arrived at the portal after 4.5 hours of my 2 hour drive.
When GO time arrived I started linking.
UT: up
FL: up
Mex: up
WI: no go. What? We checked that!?
It turns out that when you are walking 1700km of links it is possible to miss a tiny field made by L1 portals that happened to be sitting right on the link in Sulphur Springs, TX. I started spamming all of the TX hangouts looking for someone awake. Intel operators were blasting COMM looking for agents with their scanners open. We finally find agent @Level1noob4ever who is doing his normal morning routine. Enough people contacted him that he was finally convinced to drive an hour to take out the tiny fields. Good think he wasn't a L1 but actually L6.
About an hour later the final link went up and TX had completed it's responsibilities.
There are so many people to thank that I am sure that I have forgotten at least a few of you. Many thanks to everyone involved, even if you didn't know you were. You were a great team to work with.
Thank you all,
Echo5
Houston, TX
[roll credits]
Houston, TX
Michael Wylie
Julie Baker Jim Baker and family
Leary B. Rivas, Jr and the rest of DragonSquad
Dino Yancey
Amanda Saunders
Galveston, TX
Jimmy Ledwith
Victoria, TX
Travis Bryant
San Antonio, TX and Austin, TX
Malachi Megiddo
David Tibbetts
Dimitry Patent
Dallas, TX
Paul Eagle
Tony Mendolia
Larry Watts
Agent @Level1noob4ever
Lubbock, TX
Bryson Vadder
Kris Whitaker
Ruth Shepherd Daniel Lawrence Ingress
Joe Philley Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger John Hanke
Originally shared by Steve Schwaller
Unight TX Sitrep
Who would do this?
Make plans to shoot long links really close to the major cities in your state. Add to that, all 4 major cities are anomaly sites the day you are making the links and they have their own big field plans and blocking links. Make sure you are shooting between 2 anomaly cities.
Nobody would plan for that. But we pulled it off.
It all started with a random message in faction COMM from Miguel G looking for a Houston contact. Project Blue Light was looking to make fields to cover the US. I agreed to help setup the TX anchor.
When that OP was included into #UnightUS everything got a little bigger. Now I became the TX state coordinator and had to organize clearing teams for 1700km of links. That was just the ground covered in TX. No other state had that much distance to clear.
Then the anomalies were announced and added to everyone stress trying to find people to assist without giving out too much info. I had to get local leaders in all the anomaly cities included to make sure that any large fields or blocking links were within our links. If there was a planning hangout that mentioned the word "field", i got pulled into it.
In order to have the links reach from TX to WI we needed 4 Link Amps and a L8 portal. The small problem here is that the nearest A8 to Victoria, TX is 150km away. To get 8 most of them would have to drive 2+ hours each way just to drop a res. I found those crazy people and they went down in 2s or 3s and powered the anchor.
The day before the OP, with the portal barely a P7, we noticed that 2 Houston Enlightened L8 agents @TehColdBoot @VonShinerBock were clearing a path from Houston to Victoria. They were headed to Goliad, TX to remove some old long blue links from an OP earlier in the week. The Enlightened didn't want it used against them in the anomalies. They stopped in Victoria and flipped everything in the city and helped one of their local agents level up. They flipped everything EXCEPT the one portal we needed. We were very lucky.
About midnight of go morning I left my house in Houston and headed to Victoria. about 30 mins into the trip i get called that there are some blocking blue links from some new agents and the local clearing team doesn't have enough Jarvis to clear them. I redirected out of the way about an hour to clear one of the links and drop more Jarvis for the local team to finish the rest.
Clearing the rest of the links around Victoria didn't take much since they were all green and I was armed for the anomaly later in the day. I finally arrived at the portal after 4.5 hours of my 2 hour drive.
When GO time arrived I started linking.
UT: up
FL: up
Mex: up
WI: no go. What? We checked that!?
It turns out that when you are walking 1700km of links it is possible to miss a tiny field made by L1 portals that happened to be sitting right on the link in Sulphur Springs, TX. I started spamming all of the TX hangouts looking for someone awake. Intel operators were blasting COMM looking for agents with their scanners open. We finally find agent @Level1noob4ever who is doing his normal morning routine. Enough people contacted him that he was finally convinced to drive an hour to take out the tiny fields. Good think he wasn't a L1 but actually L6.
About an hour later the final link went up and TX had completed it's responsibilities.
There are so many people to thank that I am sure that I have forgotten at least a few of you. Many thanks to everyone involved, even if you didn't know you were. You were a great team to work with.
Thank you all,
Echo5
Houston, TX
[roll credits]
Houston, TX
Michael Wylie
Julie Baker Jim Baker and family
Leary B. Rivas, Jr and the rest of DragonSquad
Dino Yancey
Amanda Saunders
Galveston, TX
Jimmy Ledwith
Victoria, TX
Travis Bryant
San Antonio, TX and Austin, TX
Malachi Megiddo
David Tibbetts
Dimitry Patent
Dallas, TX
Paul Eagle
Tony Mendolia
Larry Watts
Agent @Level1noob4ever
Lubbock, TX
Bryson Vadder
Kris Whitaker
Ruth Shepherd Daniel Lawrence Ingress
Joe Philley Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger John Hanke
Comments
Post a Comment