You guys rock !!! Very proud to be in the Resistance and an Ingress agent.

You guys rock !!! Very proud to be in the Resistance and an Ingress agent.
Originally shared by Steve Schwaller
My Proudest Moments of #UnightUS
My proudest moments from the UnightUS operation was when things went wrong. We chose when the OP started that everything we did would be 100% clean. When there were questionable operations in one of the proposed anchor areas the entire field was removed from the plan. We were not going to be questioned about possible cheating.
When the links were thrown 4 of them wouldn't go. We found the blockers and tried to find agents to get there. We were able to bring 2 of them up but the others were unable to get agents to the blockers. We knew exactly where we needed to take out portals and could have found "a way to get there" but it was better to have gaps in the map than cheat.
The integrity of everyone involved in the OP was amazing and made it a real honor to be involved. I hope that all agents can look at the gaps on the map and remember that it isn't just Blue vs Green. It is both sides against the cheaters.
#ingress Ingress Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose John Hanke
When we finally found an agent to drive out to Deer Isle, Maine (a 4-hour round trip for him) to smash a single portal that was blocking both links that came through our area, and not a single person on the large subgroup hangout mentioned even the possibility of "teleporting" there, that was my favorite moment.
ReplyDeleteWell, that and having my favorite nemesis Andrew R. Jackson wake up and taunt me about having my latest attempt to cover his house in blue down in a few minutes, then his reaction when he checked Intel to see the nearest anchor. (grin!)
All I see on this is photos of what we did in the USA. Where are the photos of the work in the other continents?
ReplyDeleteDavid Manvell I had seen pictures from india and Italia. from germany was no chance for a picture. course the map couldn't load.
ReplyDeleteI'm you're favorite nemesis Nate Hoy? Shucks I'm blushing.
ReplyDeleteAndrew R. Jackson Blushing red on a green pate is very festive for the upcoming holiday season. Be careful it doesn't happen too often or people will assume you've undergone a faction change. ;)
ReplyDeletePandora Büchse Intel was a big problem on this operation. We had coordinators asking us to check portals on our scanners to see if links were still up, and it was almost a half hour after the anchor team made the link that I finally was able to load enough of Intel to get a brief glimpse of the link.
ReplyDeleteWhen "human presence not detected" and "loading data" are on the map at the same time... you're gonna have a bad time.
Wow!
ReplyDeleteWow... it's really disappointing that it has come to the point of specifically mentioning no cheating was used, or being proud that no one brought up "teleporting" as an option.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I'm just blessed to live in a low cheating area, where we only have a couple suspected spoofers, and even they try to claim to both sides that no spoofing is happening.
That said, I know this was a very difficult operation, and my hats off to you even though it was the wrong color. I would have found it more impressive without that big hole in the middle, but I'd rather seen it done honestly than impressively.
oh yes... google servers reaching their limits!
ReplyDeleteIt's was pretty funny Nate Hoy. I woke up and thought. "how cute. Nate went and made a little field over my house. " then I said I'd take it down and you reply "that's a long drive." I pulled up Intel. Grumbled some choice words to myself and thought "screw that." and went back to bed. Lol
ReplyDeleteI was up till 2:00 am taking down blocking links. Was worth it to see the state of Maine bathed in blue even if it was not for very long.
ReplyDeleteGreat job, blue brothers! The sad thing, is sooner or later a "helicopter pilot" (as we say here in Brazil about "teleporters" hehe), aways individual and never a team mate of the other team, wanna blow down the field! Reaistance is Us for Us, ever!
ReplyDeleteI can't speak to any of the other anchors, Diego Cruz da Silva , but you can be assured that the lighthouse anchor in CT that supported the Maine fields were taken down by an actual ENL teammate, who walked out across the same rock jetty as the RES team that put it up.
ReplyDeleteKevin C.
ReplyDeleteIt's more notable that they avoided things that could be legal but would appear questionable.
It's good publicity for legit players