Awesome work agents
Awesome work agents
Originally shared by Pedro Luiz de Castro (Reaper)
K, so this my shard adventure!
After the whole Azores/Corvo Island/BlueSecretAgent imbroglio, I assumed the Shard would stay in resistance control from there on.
They even managed to bounce the Shard off of Viana do Castelo to the Canary Islands.
So with the Shard out of reach, I assumed everything would return back to 'normal'. I mean... what exactly is 'normal' in Ingress anyway...
Yet... an opportunity arose!
Enlightened agent JohnnyMilk from Covilhã flew to Madeira Island for the weekend and managed to bring back to the mainland several keys from Madeira. I also knew from previous contacts with agents from the Canary Islands that agent Inalambricus had keys to Madeira. Only thing left was to find an active agent on the island to connect the dots. So we could rescue the Shard from Tenerife Island.
Agent KuRTeN16 made numerous attempts to contact agents on Madeira, and he finally managed to establish contact with agent sercxanto, who was visiting the Island, and local agent Ovelhanegra. Success!
After changing to a more secure communication channel, all the involved parties carefully planned the extraction.
Agent Inalambricus was in charge of stealing the shard from the resistance and sending it to Madeira. Unfortunately Shards #8 and #9 were harder to retrieve as they were deep in resistance territory.
It's the 9th of December and Creativity just landed on Madeira, thanks to agent Inalambricus and his team. It remained there for a full week bouncing around, from portal to portal. At one point it jumped as far as Machico, yet luckily it jumped back to Funchal, Madeira's capital.
Creativity was getting restless so we had to extract it as soon as possible. We had to steer the Shard to the extraction point, both agents sercxanto and Ovelhanegra did everything they could to make this happen. Problem was that the only available window we had was on Friday the 13th, and very few available agents.
And yet after pulling an all-nighter, to finish a paper that was due at noon, I got confirmation that the Shard would be in place and ready for extraction at 2PM.
As I was the only agent holding the Madeira keys and also the one closest to the coast, I quickly jumped on my bike and drove all the way to Cabo da Roca, same place where we previously built a L8 farm ( see: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106959828806290479507/posts/Kw7YgykmQTD ).
At this point the Shard is so restless that it's bouncing every 30min, I guess it might have been from all the sugar it ate or something...
I arrive at Cabo da Roca just in time to link and pull some Creativity towards the mainland. SUCCESS!!!
And there you have it! Another successful operation for the Enlightened.
We rescued the Shard, and kept it under green alignment during the whole 13Magnus Anomaly, thus increasing the score towards the Enlightened, while at the same time we tried to create as many fields as we could! But that's a whole other story for a different report.
On a final note I'd like to give a special thanks to Jorge Steffen for all the help he provided. And of course to everyone else involved in this operation that I might have not mentioned (you guys know who you are) ;)
Thank you!!!
Agents involved and in no particular order:
myself - reaperfromhell
Andre Baptista - KuRTeN16
Sergio D - Inalambricus
Georg Lutz - sercxanto
João Leite - JohnnyMilk
Márcio Sousa - Ovelhanegra
#ingress #ingressreport #13magnus #jarvisshards #enlightened #lighthouse
Brian Rose Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Ingress












Originally shared by Pedro Luiz de Castro (Reaper)
K, so this my shard adventure!
After the whole Azores/Corvo Island/BlueSecretAgent imbroglio, I assumed the Shard would stay in resistance control from there on.
They even managed to bounce the Shard off of Viana do Castelo to the Canary Islands.
So with the Shard out of reach, I assumed everything would return back to 'normal'. I mean... what exactly is 'normal' in Ingress anyway...
Yet... an opportunity arose!
Enlightened agent JohnnyMilk from Covilhã flew to Madeira Island for the weekend and managed to bring back to the mainland several keys from Madeira. I also knew from previous contacts with agents from the Canary Islands that agent Inalambricus had keys to Madeira. Only thing left was to find an active agent on the island to connect the dots. So we could rescue the Shard from Tenerife Island.
Agent KuRTeN16 made numerous attempts to contact agents on Madeira, and he finally managed to establish contact with agent sercxanto, who was visiting the Island, and local agent Ovelhanegra. Success!
After changing to a more secure communication channel, all the involved parties carefully planned the extraction.
Agent Inalambricus was in charge of stealing the shard from the resistance and sending it to Madeira. Unfortunately Shards #8 and #9 were harder to retrieve as they were deep in resistance territory.
It's the 9th of December and Creativity just landed on Madeira, thanks to agent Inalambricus and his team. It remained there for a full week bouncing around, from portal to portal. At one point it jumped as far as Machico, yet luckily it jumped back to Funchal, Madeira's capital.
Creativity was getting restless so we had to extract it as soon as possible. We had to steer the Shard to the extraction point, both agents sercxanto and Ovelhanegra did everything they could to make this happen. Problem was that the only available window we had was on Friday the 13th, and very few available agents.
And yet after pulling an all-nighter, to finish a paper that was due at noon, I got confirmation that the Shard would be in place and ready for extraction at 2PM.
As I was the only agent holding the Madeira keys and also the one closest to the coast, I quickly jumped on my bike and drove all the way to Cabo da Roca, same place where we previously built a L8 farm ( see: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106959828806290479507/posts/Kw7YgykmQTD ).
At this point the Shard is so restless that it's bouncing every 30min, I guess it might have been from all the sugar it ate or something...
I arrive at Cabo da Roca just in time to link and pull some Creativity towards the mainland. SUCCESS!!!
And there you have it! Another successful operation for the Enlightened.
We rescued the Shard, and kept it under green alignment during the whole 13Magnus Anomaly, thus increasing the score towards the Enlightened, while at the same time we tried to create as many fields as we could! But that's a whole other story for a different report.
On a final note I'd like to give a special thanks to Jorge Steffen for all the help he provided. And of course to everyone else involved in this operation that I might have not mentioned (you guys know who you are) ;)
Thank you!!!
Agents involved and in no particular order:
myself - reaperfromhell
Andre Baptista - KuRTeN16
Sergio D - Inalambricus
Georg Lutz - sercxanto
João Leite - JohnnyMilk
Márcio Sousa - Ovelhanegra
#ingress #ingressreport #13magnus #jarvisshards #enlightened #lighthouse
Brian Rose Joe Philley Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Ingress












Another excellent example of broadcasting the #lighthouse message. Congratulations to a successful operation.
ReplyDelete