Dear Anne Beuttenmüller , Brandon Badger , Joe Philley , John Hanke , Niantic Project , NIA Ops treat yourself with...
Originally shared by Vincent Velema
Dear Anne Beuttenmüller , Brandon Badger , Joe Philley , John Hanke , Niantic Project , NIA Ops treat yourself with some great company on the #ingress #EliteV debriefing! I think you’ve earned it ;) As does the following nominee. I would like to suggest you to invite the most friendly, intelligent, well mannered, optimistic and always fun to hang out with Christian Vandendorpe to represent us at the #13Magnus finale!
I will be proud to have agent @zorglubxx be part of the debriefing and it’s not just me supporting him. Chris has earned the respect to be nominated by the community he has been such an asset to himself!
Having given it some thought on who would represent us best, Chris easily made the shortlist. Checking support for the nominee was received with great enthusiasm. This ensured me this guy deserves to be there and make it the fun and memorable event it is supposed to be. For those present and all the of us here.
(He will fill out the entryform himself, he'd be to humble to promote himself, so it took some convincing, but that's just cool)
Here’s some of the agents experiences, having had the pleasure to meet Chris in the field or through the virtual world of Ingress.
Agent @Azzurri- the Netherlands
I think an Elite agent is able to positively add to the community. I think Christian does, within the game he is a real strong player, his strategies are impressive and his dedication to pursue mission goals unprecedented. There are more of those, but not a lot of them are able to control their ‘enthusiasm’ on the virtual battlefield with a positive attitude towards the team and the opponent in the real world. Not only is Chris well in control of his emotions, he will also be there to ease tension if testosterone takes control of some agents better judgement. Whether its friendly agents or the opposing faction, I have seen him handle the collisions, providing arguments, lifting the spirits, getting back to a fun environment for all. I am very impressed.
His AP score is not the biggest perhaps, but getting at Level 12 at 19.2M AP recently, while, having a demanding job and a family to take care of is an achievement you won’t see a lot.
This guy makes the game fun, this guy has the AP, this guy was able to bring local, national and international agents together to work on so many missions. This guy is fun to hang out with, this guy gets nominated, he has my vote knowing you will also have a great time with his company. I will proudly enjoy to be there through his presence!
Agent @AKITAINU- the Netherlands
Christian has proven to be above awesomeness in Ingress. It is an honor and privilege to play with this guy during shardwars, seeing his dedication and ability to unite players from several countries made me proud to have him in my corner.
Agent @M3rovingian- the Netherlands
Christian is really dedicated to the game. The short time that I've met him he never forgot the big picture. Coordinating the shard movement through Europe! Driving all over the country to protect the shards even went into belgium for it. Sitting on a cold windy pier for 8 hours to protect a shard. It's unbelievable he has a family to take care of and still manage to get 19m AP. He most certainly is a #EliteV
Agent @Yoast- the Netherlands
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe for #EliteV . He is always around to support players and help where needed. During the ShardWars he didn't miss any opportunity to give his best; defending a portal for 8 hours in the blistering cold in the middle of nowhere, going for a 2 kilometer run to make a link so the shard could travel further, turn back there when an agent was needed after just coming home from another support mission, and these are just a few examples of the dedication he has for the game and the team!! Sometimes I had the feeling there were multiple Christians. He showed up everywhere!! When other agents had to cook dinner or feed the kids, after 12 at night, Chris kissed his wife goodbye and raced back into action when needed!
and did I mention his ap score? The accumulated ap of our average P8 event doesn't even come close to his score alone!! Level12 now? wow! If anyone deserves to be called 'elite' it must be this amazing agent!!
Agent @ElAwrence- the Netherlands
I've been honored to play with @Zorglubxx ever since I taught him how to do a proper deploy at level 3. So I may be a little biased. Christian has got everything you can ask for in a great Ingress player. Maintaining our local farms in Amsterdam, always motivating us for the tedious recharges and rebuilds. Always ready for a "fire department" mission to stem an outbreak of Enlightened level 8 portals, anywhere in the region. And always up for a Belgian beer afterwards, be it with his regular team, visiting players from abroad, or cross faction. But we have more great players in Amsterdam and the Netherlands. Christian goes beyond. Way beyond.
When Singapore was covered in a large green field and he just happened to be there, it was no surprise he was the one to go all the way to a very inaccessible portal to take it down. When he visited Barcelona we were not surprised to see screenshots of large blue fields around that particular city. When during #Unight8 the Netherlands had to be connected to the main link around the world, I didn't hesitate for a second to hand this difficult task to Christian. He succeeded. Not just by his own powers, but mostly by inspiring and motivating mid-level players along the route to become part of the mission. And all this happened at the very same time the shards were jumping up and down the Dutch and British coasts, for which my fellow players already gave him well deserved credits. At home and abroad. But Ingress is not only grand missions. It's also a lot of farming. I won't easily forget him cycling through our home grounds in Westerpark, a Canadian guy on a very Dutch "bakfiets" carrying his two kids, hacking away in our level 8 farm. Say hi from me, when you meet him in San Francisco.
Agent @Arael- France
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe for #EliteV . He helped us a lot in the transfer of Shards 2, 8 and 9 in France to Spain. He was contacting spanish agents while we were struggling in France to keep them. He plotted all the transfer from Netherlands to France and I really think that without him Shards 2 and 8 would not have been a success.
He can speak many languages, which is a good thing when you have to unite agent from several countries in the same operation.
Agent @Syrah13- Spain
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe,@zorglubxx for #EliteV . He is an incredible guy so dedicated to support all people in the play. I was feeling so good when I knew that he was going to support us during shardswars. I hope that you can consider his incredible effort, support and his personality.
Agent @InodeGeek- Spain
I first got in touch with Christian in the synchronicity op, to deliver #2 from France to Azores.
He was really helpfull and supportive, got the schedule perfectly synchronized and kept awake following the jumping shard through it's path.
Since then he forms part of our community. As his roots are spanish, he has been welcome to our Iberian Hangout, follows closely and takes part in our daily chatting. I have not met many people as active, friendly and supportive as Christian, so I really think he deserves to be part of the #EliteV crew.
Agent @vlcgate- Spain
Last summer I had the opportunity to meet Christian in Spain. He was visiting their family during holidays, but he didn't hesitate to contact valencian Resistance through COMM. Since I always try to meet other agents, especially visitors, we promoted a face to face encounter. In a sunny day, beside the beach, he shown me his AP counter. I was wondering to see his numbers. At this moment I thought about game motivation. I thought Christian could be a bored player... But I was wrong.
During the next days,@Zorgbluxx was near to be trending topic in COMM. Furthermore, several new blue players appeared in different areas of Valencia. As I could know later, all of them were relatives and he did a good job transmitting his passion about the game. And when we did a Resistance meeting, during afternoon and night, Christian came with us to share his happiness, illusion and game motivation. He was like a level one player, hearing our strategies and points of view about next local actions. He was like a middle level player, trying to learn better city areas for leveling and green's behaviors. And he was like what he really is, a L8 player with a lot of experience, able to move through the north and the south, getting portal keys from everywhere to do beautiful control fields, belting Valencia but leaving the whole city uncovered to let little blue players keep on leveling.
Those were good days. Days to remember. To remember a player that has Ingress in his blood. And time had shown to me that these days aren't gone.
Christian is still there. Full of this Ingress passion that makes someone to drive more than 700 kilometers or run like if devil was behind you during 30 minutes to recover a shard. COMM of almost all european countries had registered his codename, trying to contact local players and get their enthousiasm to get involved in amazing adventures around shards. Lots of HO were Christian was in also...
Definetely, Ingress has Christian... and Christian has Ingress…
Agent @shires- United Kingdom
We first worked with Christian during the battle for Shard #2. His dedication to not only the battle but his team was relentless. He continued to work hard, supporting agents from all countries and this is a rare quality and commendable
This is more than a quality that has risen from Ingress, this is a great human characteristic and I believe should be recognised......surely this is the purpose for the Elite V.
That would be only a couple of reasons why we nominate Christian Vandendorpe Chris has been around the world and many similar stories can be told. I invite those who can share them stories to PM me and I'll add it to this nomination :) Send in your pics too! Feel free to share and +1 to further support this magnificent agent.
Team Niantic you know what to do... #ChrisEliteV #select and have a great time!


Dear Anne Beuttenmüller , Brandon Badger , Joe Philley , John Hanke , Niantic Project , NIA Ops treat yourself with some great company on the #ingress #EliteV debriefing! I think you’ve earned it ;) As does the following nominee. I would like to suggest you to invite the most friendly, intelligent, well mannered, optimistic and always fun to hang out with Christian Vandendorpe to represent us at the #13Magnus finale!
I will be proud to have agent @zorglubxx be part of the debriefing and it’s not just me supporting him. Chris has earned the respect to be nominated by the community he has been such an asset to himself!
Having given it some thought on who would represent us best, Chris easily made the shortlist. Checking support for the nominee was received with great enthusiasm. This ensured me this guy deserves to be there and make it the fun and memorable event it is supposed to be. For those present and all the of us here.
(He will fill out the entryform himself, he'd be to humble to promote himself, so it took some convincing, but that's just cool)
Here’s some of the agents experiences, having had the pleasure to meet Chris in the field or through the virtual world of Ingress.
Agent @Azzurri- the Netherlands
I think an Elite agent is able to positively add to the community. I think Christian does, within the game he is a real strong player, his strategies are impressive and his dedication to pursue mission goals unprecedented. There are more of those, but not a lot of them are able to control their ‘enthusiasm’ on the virtual battlefield with a positive attitude towards the team and the opponent in the real world. Not only is Chris well in control of his emotions, he will also be there to ease tension if testosterone takes control of some agents better judgement. Whether its friendly agents or the opposing faction, I have seen him handle the collisions, providing arguments, lifting the spirits, getting back to a fun environment for all. I am very impressed.
His AP score is not the biggest perhaps, but getting at Level 12 at 19.2M AP recently, while, having a demanding job and a family to take care of is an achievement you won’t see a lot.
This guy makes the game fun, this guy has the AP, this guy was able to bring local, national and international agents together to work on so many missions. This guy is fun to hang out with, this guy gets nominated, he has my vote knowing you will also have a great time with his company. I will proudly enjoy to be there through his presence!
Agent @AKITAINU- the Netherlands
Christian has proven to be above awesomeness in Ingress. It is an honor and privilege to play with this guy during shardwars, seeing his dedication and ability to unite players from several countries made me proud to have him in my corner.
Agent @M3rovingian- the Netherlands
Christian is really dedicated to the game. The short time that I've met him he never forgot the big picture. Coordinating the shard movement through Europe! Driving all over the country to protect the shards even went into belgium for it. Sitting on a cold windy pier for 8 hours to protect a shard. It's unbelievable he has a family to take care of and still manage to get 19m AP. He most certainly is a #EliteV
Agent @Yoast- the Netherlands
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe for #EliteV . He is always around to support players and help where needed. During the ShardWars he didn't miss any opportunity to give his best; defending a portal for 8 hours in the blistering cold in the middle of nowhere, going for a 2 kilometer run to make a link so the shard could travel further, turn back there when an agent was needed after just coming home from another support mission, and these are just a few examples of the dedication he has for the game and the team!! Sometimes I had the feeling there were multiple Christians. He showed up everywhere!! When other agents had to cook dinner or feed the kids, after 12 at night, Chris kissed his wife goodbye and raced back into action when needed!
and did I mention his ap score? The accumulated ap of our average P8 event doesn't even come close to his score alone!! Level12 now? wow! If anyone deserves to be called 'elite' it must be this amazing agent!!
Agent @ElAwrence- the Netherlands
I've been honored to play with @Zorglubxx ever since I taught him how to do a proper deploy at level 3. So I may be a little biased. Christian has got everything you can ask for in a great Ingress player. Maintaining our local farms in Amsterdam, always motivating us for the tedious recharges and rebuilds. Always ready for a "fire department" mission to stem an outbreak of Enlightened level 8 portals, anywhere in the region. And always up for a Belgian beer afterwards, be it with his regular team, visiting players from abroad, or cross faction. But we have more great players in Amsterdam and the Netherlands. Christian goes beyond. Way beyond.
When Singapore was covered in a large green field and he just happened to be there, it was no surprise he was the one to go all the way to a very inaccessible portal to take it down. When he visited Barcelona we were not surprised to see screenshots of large blue fields around that particular city. When during #Unight8 the Netherlands had to be connected to the main link around the world, I didn't hesitate for a second to hand this difficult task to Christian. He succeeded. Not just by his own powers, but mostly by inspiring and motivating mid-level players along the route to become part of the mission. And all this happened at the very same time the shards were jumping up and down the Dutch and British coasts, for which my fellow players already gave him well deserved credits. At home and abroad. But Ingress is not only grand missions. It's also a lot of farming. I won't easily forget him cycling through our home grounds in Westerpark, a Canadian guy on a very Dutch "bakfiets" carrying his two kids, hacking away in our level 8 farm. Say hi from me, when you meet him in San Francisco.
Agent @Arael- France
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe for #EliteV . He helped us a lot in the transfer of Shards 2, 8 and 9 in France to Spain. He was contacting spanish agents while we were struggling in France to keep them. He plotted all the transfer from Netherlands to France and I really think that without him Shards 2 and 8 would not have been a success.
He can speak many languages, which is a good thing when you have to unite agent from several countries in the same operation.
Agent @Syrah13- Spain
I would like to support the nomination of Christian Vandendorpe,@zorglubxx for #EliteV . He is an incredible guy so dedicated to support all people in the play. I was feeling so good when I knew that he was going to support us during shardswars. I hope that you can consider his incredible effort, support and his personality.
Agent @InodeGeek- Spain
I first got in touch with Christian in the synchronicity op, to deliver #2 from France to Azores.
He was really helpfull and supportive, got the schedule perfectly synchronized and kept awake following the jumping shard through it's path.
Since then he forms part of our community. As his roots are spanish, he has been welcome to our Iberian Hangout, follows closely and takes part in our daily chatting. I have not met many people as active, friendly and supportive as Christian, so I really think he deserves to be part of the #EliteV crew.
Agent @vlcgate- Spain
Last summer I had the opportunity to meet Christian in Spain. He was visiting their family during holidays, but he didn't hesitate to contact valencian Resistance through COMM. Since I always try to meet other agents, especially visitors, we promoted a face to face encounter. In a sunny day, beside the beach, he shown me his AP counter. I was wondering to see his numbers. At this moment I thought about game motivation. I thought Christian could be a bored player... But I was wrong.
During the next days,@Zorgbluxx was near to be trending topic in COMM. Furthermore, several new blue players appeared in different areas of Valencia. As I could know later, all of them were relatives and he did a good job transmitting his passion about the game. And when we did a Resistance meeting, during afternoon and night, Christian came with us to share his happiness, illusion and game motivation. He was like a level one player, hearing our strategies and points of view about next local actions. He was like a middle level player, trying to learn better city areas for leveling and green's behaviors. And he was like what he really is, a L8 player with a lot of experience, able to move through the north and the south, getting portal keys from everywhere to do beautiful control fields, belting Valencia but leaving the whole city uncovered to let little blue players keep on leveling.
Those were good days. Days to remember. To remember a player that has Ingress in his blood. And time had shown to me that these days aren't gone.
Christian is still there. Full of this Ingress passion that makes someone to drive more than 700 kilometers or run like if devil was behind you during 30 minutes to recover a shard. COMM of almost all european countries had registered his codename, trying to contact local players and get their enthousiasm to get involved in amazing adventures around shards. Lots of HO were Christian was in also...
Definetely, Ingress has Christian... and Christian has Ingress…
Agent @shires- United Kingdom
We first worked with Christian during the battle for Shard #2. His dedication to not only the battle but his team was relentless. He continued to work hard, supporting agents from all countries and this is a rare quality and commendable
This is more than a quality that has risen from Ingress, this is a great human characteristic and I believe should be recognised......surely this is the purpose for the Elite V.
That would be only a couple of reasons why we nominate Christian Vandendorpe Chris has been around the world and many similar stories can be told. I invite those who can share them stories to PM me and I'll add it to this nomination :) Send in your pics too! Feel free to share and +1 to further support this magnificent agent.
Team Niantic you know what to do... #ChrisEliteV #select and have a great time!


Comments
Post a Comment