I've met Ruth Shepherd on more than a few occasions and its always been a pleasure.Happy to say we're on the same...
I've met Ruth Shepherd on more than a few occasions and its always been a pleasure.Happy to say we're on the same side.
Originally shared by Ruth Shepherd
On January 2nd, I received my long-awaited code for Ingress. I was excited to choose a faction; I’d debated for weeks, and finally decided to go Enlightened. With scanner in hand, a gut instinct changed my mind at the last possible second and I decided to Resist. I am so glad that I did. I’ve seen everything in Ingress since. The good, bad, the ugly, and the miraculous. I’ve seen the darkest sides of humanity and the brightest, shining stars. I’ve cried tears of frustration and tears of joy. I saw a community spring from nothing, which now has never been stronger. I see players who will do anything required or asked of them, who do anything and everything for each other.
My agent name is Rio5. You may know me as the North American coordinator for Operation #Unight8, part of the Resistance global leadership, Jarvis-shard mover, anomaly-attender, all around crazy-about-ingress-G-plusser. I helped turn the tide of ENL domination in Jacksonville, FL, and created a safer atmosphere for agents in our city. I participate in cross-faction leadership communities, and am a strong supporter for fair gameplay. This is my application for #13Magnus #EliteV
The name Elite makes me uncomfortable; Ingress is asking for five people to represent what Ingress is about -- a game whose impact will be felt in our lives forever. This application isn’t really about me, it’s about the community which I’ve fallen into and helped create, which supports me now and allows me to do amazing things with near unlimited resources. Without them, I am nothing. I have been asked to put forth my story, which is too detailed and is still far from over. Instead, I post this in hopes that it will inspire someone to be all they can be, to never quit, and to persevere in all things; to forget what lies behind, and to reach forward to what lies ahead.
Ingress has changed my life; it has shaped the way I view the world around me, how I spend my time, and interact with others. It has increased my self confidence; it has taught me warfare; it has taught me diplomacy. It’s made my voice stronger, and I am now loud about what I believe in. It’s made me bold. I’ve seen recluses step outdoors for the first time in years, I’ve seen small people turn into giants, I’ve seen pride on the faces of players for their accomplishments. I’ve seen enough selfless acts to fill a book. I have seen good people turn into great people who do spectacular things.
We, as teams, are only as strong as our weakest links. And we, as leaders, are only as strong as the backs of those that hold us up. Nothing is done without many; nothing succeeds without community. These things we learn in Ingress and about ourselves can be applied outwardly, as well, in our everyday world. We are being groomed, we are being shaped. We decide what that shaping means for us, and how we will use the power we are given.
Lives have changed, mine being one of them.
Description of my scary surgery, made bearable by support from the Ingress community:
https://plus.google.com/+RuthShepherd/posts/j9LvkyUpwVQ
#OperationBlueHurricane
US Unight8 sitrep:
https://plus.google.com/105905599631707723020/posts/cN1ZNekxEHx
Decode Ingress Interview: http://decodeingress.me/2013/12/05/behind-operation-unight8-interview-ruth-shepherd/














Originally shared by Ruth Shepherd
On January 2nd, I received my long-awaited code for Ingress. I was excited to choose a faction; I’d debated for weeks, and finally decided to go Enlightened. With scanner in hand, a gut instinct changed my mind at the last possible second and I decided to Resist. I am so glad that I did. I’ve seen everything in Ingress since. The good, bad, the ugly, and the miraculous. I’ve seen the darkest sides of humanity and the brightest, shining stars. I’ve cried tears of frustration and tears of joy. I saw a community spring from nothing, which now has never been stronger. I see players who will do anything required or asked of them, who do anything and everything for each other.
My agent name is Rio5. You may know me as the North American coordinator for Operation #Unight8, part of the Resistance global leadership, Jarvis-shard mover, anomaly-attender, all around crazy-about-ingress-G-plusser. I helped turn the tide of ENL domination in Jacksonville, FL, and created a safer atmosphere for agents in our city. I participate in cross-faction leadership communities, and am a strong supporter for fair gameplay. This is my application for #13Magnus #EliteV
The name Elite makes me uncomfortable; Ingress is asking for five people to represent what Ingress is about -- a game whose impact will be felt in our lives forever. This application isn’t really about me, it’s about the community which I’ve fallen into and helped create, which supports me now and allows me to do amazing things with near unlimited resources. Without them, I am nothing. I have been asked to put forth my story, which is too detailed and is still far from over. Instead, I post this in hopes that it will inspire someone to be all they can be, to never quit, and to persevere in all things; to forget what lies behind, and to reach forward to what lies ahead.
Ingress has changed my life; it has shaped the way I view the world around me, how I spend my time, and interact with others. It has increased my self confidence; it has taught me warfare; it has taught me diplomacy. It’s made my voice stronger, and I am now loud about what I believe in. It’s made me bold. I’ve seen recluses step outdoors for the first time in years, I’ve seen small people turn into giants, I’ve seen pride on the faces of players for their accomplishments. I’ve seen enough selfless acts to fill a book. I have seen good people turn into great people who do spectacular things.
We, as teams, are only as strong as our weakest links. And we, as leaders, are only as strong as the backs of those that hold us up. Nothing is done without many; nothing succeeds without community. These things we learn in Ingress and about ourselves can be applied outwardly, as well, in our everyday world. We are being groomed, we are being shaped. We decide what that shaping means for us, and how we will use the power we are given.
Lives have changed, mine being one of them.
Description of my scary surgery, made bearable by support from the Ingress community:
https://plus.google.com/+RuthShepherd/posts/j9LvkyUpwVQ
#OperationBlueHurricane
US Unight8 sitrep:
https://plus.google.com/105905599631707723020/posts/cN1ZNekxEHx
Decode Ingress Interview: http://decodeingress.me/2013/12/05/behind-operation-unight8-interview-ruth-shepherd/










#Rio5Rocks #Rio5forEliteV
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley You are resistance now?
ReplyDeleteEmmett Lollis I've always been Resistance.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I did not know that. It's okay though, you're a good feller :)
ReplyDelete