I'm Morka and I've got 34 millions AP.
I'm Morka and I've got 34 millions AP. I was involved in all Parisians operations, including #Cassandra . For me Ingress is not a game but a life style, and I even dream about it.
If I decided to apply to EliteV, it wasn’t on the basis of my noted AP, but rather because Ingress has really become part of my life and I love it. Resistance players from Paris love telling that I couldn’t possibly have a real job for playing so much, and I sometimes joke with them by answering that I work for Niantic. If I get chosen for EliteV, I hope to finally meet Niantic Team (and see Anne again), find out how they work and what’s behind the game.
I started to play Ingress in November 2012 and have never been able to break the addiction since then. The thrill of deploying, hacking, linking, defending and destroying portals has constantly been growing along with the number of portals getting live around me.
Despite the fact that the Resistance in Paris outnumbers the Enlightened, I’ve never thought to stop playing. If you have a look at Paris in February (http://goo.gl/AFaewk), you’ll see that things were very complicated for us... The only green field in the city was mine, all around “my” fabled Jardin des Plantes (the National Natural History Museum, one large green space near my workplace. Come for the portals, stay for the dinosaurs and kangaroos). I struggled to maintain this area green, which greatly helped other Enlightened agents as high level items weren’t available anywhere else in Paris. Some say that it helped them keeping faith that the situation would change someday, and it did.
Whatever the situation in Paris, I’ve also always enjoyed the social and international aspects of Ingress and was proud to create the first high level Enlightened community at the European level. I also take part to the administration and moderation of some French communities and especially the Parisian one. I try to bring new players in the community and tell them where they can easily level up or get some weapons. Due to my involvement in Paris, people turned me for guidance. We needed someone as dedicated as me in the beginning to motivate agents, but I’m not one for leadership. I prefere for everybody to be involved and so I urged people to participate and submit their own ideas and events. Now we have many leaders, playing different roles within the community, which, in my opinion, makes us stronger despite our numerical disadvantage.
Soon after starting playing Ingress, I wrote an How to in French, shared with both Enlightened and Resistance agents in order to help new players (read http://tiny.cc/TutoIngress). This document has become a prime reference within the French Ingress community and I’ve been trying to keep it up to date after every new release of the game.
I’ve never considered to stop playing after reaching level 8. On the contrary, the real fun started at level 8 and I could finally focus on what I like the most : creating games within the game and lead original actions. I was involved in almost all major Parisian operations starting with the first French level 8 portals in January using green filters on public lights or the first big field over Paris in March. I also enjoyed a lot organizing funny and symbolic events such as Easter eggs and April fools (http://goo.gl/wls2S, http://goo.gl/quHtz), and took an active part in the preparation and the execution of the impressive Green Paris operations (http://goo.gl/j1nADG, http://goo.gl/bPC4c0). Let’s not forget the #Cassandra event held in Paris this summer, a great victory for the Enlightened (433 - 28). I did my best to help during the preparatory phase as well as during the playing part : scouting the clusters geography and the portals within before the starting time, and of course biking and playing here and there during the event.
To a lower scale, I invented the idea of “breakfast farms” in Paris : meeting around 8:00 AM to build level 8 portals while eating croissants and pains au chocolat. Agents were much more eager to wake up early when promised both level 8 XMPs and a flaky buttery breakfast. We ended up buying an extra croissant for the farm destroyer. Morning farms are now part of our routine, we have yet to tackle the logistics of bringing hot coffee though :-)
We have a public Google page for the Enlightened of Paris (follow Ingress Enlightened Paris) where we post public reports for every operation in the city. I write most of them with the help of some other fellow agents, and I’m happy to hear that those reports are appreciated. Indeed, I met a Resistance player from Germany once and he told me : “Most of those Ingress reports posted on Google+ are boring, but those from Paris are the only ones I read because I find them really interesting”.
I think I was the first agent who ever posted his AP score (check #ingressap ) and since this first post, everyone keeps being surprised at how high my score is. I’ve always been very active in Paris, making more than 1.2 millions AP every week. But my goal has never been to get the best score, I just play for pleasure and AP increases along.
Unfortunately in October I had to slow down considerably playing for a few weeks because of a sprained ankle. After a couple of days of absence, some Resistance agents started asking to my fellow teammates “where is Morka?”. I’m not sure wether to be comfortable with that but yes, it feels like I’m a sort of Ingress legend ;-). Some people I’ve met even let me know they were very proud to see me... Tourists or even local blue players already told me “oh, you’re THE Morka? Nice to meet you. Can I see your AP?” or “are you Morka? At last we meet. It’s strange, it’s like talking to a star!”. In fact, almost every day, agents from all over the world send me messages in the COMM. I don’t know them at all but they send me a random message just to get my profile and see how far from me they are. Now I know some are very close. I think a lot of players were motivated by the idea of beating my AP score, and I know for sure that one of them beat me as he confessed I was his personnal challenge.
Even while on holidays I can’t stop playing. I went to Iceland this summer. Reykjavík was covered with blue fields when I arrived, but soon after my plane landed, everything was clean and green. During my trip around the West Fjords, I captured some portals and submitted a lot of new ones. I eventually managed to create the first big field in the country by myself using the just released Link Amps. This field covered a big part of Reykjavík with more than 30k MUs, 1/10 of the total population of the country.
But being famous in Ingress has also some drawbacks : it’s very hard for me to keep a portal live for the guardian medal. Every time I capture a portal outside Paris, I receive a message from blue Parisian players within 5 minutes (and I must say it’s quite creepy...). So I hope I’ll be able some day to get at least the platinum guardian medal.
As a gift for reading my application, here is a valid Ingress passcode to decipher : WhyvrgZvxrPuneyvrGuerrFvkCncnIvpgbePuneyvrHavsbezEbzrbRpubSvirSbeQrygnXvybQrygn
#ingress #ingressparis #13Magnus #EliteV
Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger Joe Philley Ingress Niantic Project














If I decided to apply to EliteV, it wasn’t on the basis of my noted AP, but rather because Ingress has really become part of my life and I love it. Resistance players from Paris love telling that I couldn’t possibly have a real job for playing so much, and I sometimes joke with them by answering that I work for Niantic. If I get chosen for EliteV, I hope to finally meet Niantic Team (and see Anne again), find out how they work and what’s behind the game.
I started to play Ingress in November 2012 and have never been able to break the addiction since then. The thrill of deploying, hacking, linking, defending and destroying portals has constantly been growing along with the number of portals getting live around me.
Despite the fact that the Resistance in Paris outnumbers the Enlightened, I’ve never thought to stop playing. If you have a look at Paris in February (http://goo.gl/AFaewk), you’ll see that things were very complicated for us... The only green field in the city was mine, all around “my” fabled Jardin des Plantes (the National Natural History Museum, one large green space near my workplace. Come for the portals, stay for the dinosaurs and kangaroos). I struggled to maintain this area green, which greatly helped other Enlightened agents as high level items weren’t available anywhere else in Paris. Some say that it helped them keeping faith that the situation would change someday, and it did.
Whatever the situation in Paris, I’ve also always enjoyed the social and international aspects of Ingress and was proud to create the first high level Enlightened community at the European level. I also take part to the administration and moderation of some French communities and especially the Parisian one. I try to bring new players in the community and tell them where they can easily level up or get some weapons. Due to my involvement in Paris, people turned me for guidance. We needed someone as dedicated as me in the beginning to motivate agents, but I’m not one for leadership. I prefere for everybody to be involved and so I urged people to participate and submit their own ideas and events. Now we have many leaders, playing different roles within the community, which, in my opinion, makes us stronger despite our numerical disadvantage.
Soon after starting playing Ingress, I wrote an How to in French, shared with both Enlightened and Resistance agents in order to help new players (read http://tiny.cc/TutoIngress). This document has become a prime reference within the French Ingress community and I’ve been trying to keep it up to date after every new release of the game.
I’ve never considered to stop playing after reaching level 8. On the contrary, the real fun started at level 8 and I could finally focus on what I like the most : creating games within the game and lead original actions. I was involved in almost all major Parisian operations starting with the first French level 8 portals in January using green filters on public lights or the first big field over Paris in March. I also enjoyed a lot organizing funny and symbolic events such as Easter eggs and April fools (http://goo.gl/wls2S, http://goo.gl/quHtz), and took an active part in the preparation and the execution of the impressive Green Paris operations (http://goo.gl/j1nADG, http://goo.gl/bPC4c0). Let’s not forget the #Cassandra event held in Paris this summer, a great victory for the Enlightened (433 - 28). I did my best to help during the preparatory phase as well as during the playing part : scouting the clusters geography and the portals within before the starting time, and of course biking and playing here and there during the event.
To a lower scale, I invented the idea of “breakfast farms” in Paris : meeting around 8:00 AM to build level 8 portals while eating croissants and pains au chocolat. Agents were much more eager to wake up early when promised both level 8 XMPs and a flaky buttery breakfast. We ended up buying an extra croissant for the farm destroyer. Morning farms are now part of our routine, we have yet to tackle the logistics of bringing hot coffee though :-)
We have a public Google page for the Enlightened of Paris (follow Ingress Enlightened Paris) where we post public reports for every operation in the city. I write most of them with the help of some other fellow agents, and I’m happy to hear that those reports are appreciated. Indeed, I met a Resistance player from Germany once and he told me : “Most of those Ingress reports posted on Google+ are boring, but those from Paris are the only ones I read because I find them really interesting”.
I think I was the first agent who ever posted his AP score (check #ingressap ) and since this first post, everyone keeps being surprised at how high my score is. I’ve always been very active in Paris, making more than 1.2 millions AP every week. But my goal has never been to get the best score, I just play for pleasure and AP increases along.
Unfortunately in October I had to slow down considerably playing for a few weeks because of a sprained ankle. After a couple of days of absence, some Resistance agents started asking to my fellow teammates “where is Morka?”. I’m not sure wether to be comfortable with that but yes, it feels like I’m a sort of Ingress legend ;-). Some people I’ve met even let me know they were very proud to see me... Tourists or even local blue players already told me “oh, you’re THE Morka? Nice to meet you. Can I see your AP?” or “are you Morka? At last we meet. It’s strange, it’s like talking to a star!”. In fact, almost every day, agents from all over the world send me messages in the COMM. I don’t know them at all but they send me a random message just to get my profile and see how far from me they are. Now I know some are very close. I think a lot of players were motivated by the idea of beating my AP score, and I know for sure that one of them beat me as he confessed I was his personnal challenge.
Even while on holidays I can’t stop playing. I went to Iceland this summer. Reykjavík was covered with blue fields when I arrived, but soon after my plane landed, everything was clean and green. During my trip around the West Fjords, I captured some portals and submitted a lot of new ones. I eventually managed to create the first big field in the country by myself using the just released Link Amps. This field covered a big part of Reykjavík with more than 30k MUs, 1/10 of the total population of the country.
But being famous in Ingress has also some drawbacks : it’s very hard for me to keep a portal live for the guardian medal. Every time I capture a portal outside Paris, I receive a message from blue Parisian players within 5 minutes (and I must say it’s quite creepy...). So I hope I’ll be able some day to get at least the platinum guardian medal.
As a gift for reading my application, here is a valid Ingress passcode to decipher : WhyvrgZvxrPuneyvrGuerrFvkCncnIvpgbePuneyvrHavsbezEbzrbRpubSvirSbeQrygnXvybQrygn
#ingress #ingressparis #13Magnus #EliteV
Anne Beuttenmüller Brandon Badger Joe Philley Ingress Niantic Project














Comments
Post a Comment