The OK is rocking !
The OK is rocking !
Originally shared by Francisco Gaxiola (Ingress - Gax)
Hearing some of the complaints about the cells and how they divide some areas, here on the island of Okinawa, we count ourselves lucky because our 2200 Km² island is centered and completely included in one cell.
When the scoring started, the Resistance had held a pretty big field over an area of the island where nobody plays and the closest Enlightened agent is about an hour and 15 minute drive away. The first average we saw had the Resistance ahead 13k to 6.8k (last checkpoint at 7 AM on Saturday of a 4 day weekend for me, first noticed at 9:17 AM). I talked to my fellow Enlightened and we agreed that we could not die idly by and continue to let this happen.
We agreed that we would work in different areas to cover as much of the island as possible, and destroy the Resistance fields. I would the one who would travel to the northern end if the island and get rid of the Resistance's biggest field. Agent @hagechobin began working on the southern end of the island while I farmed keys in the middle of the island, planning to connect from the top. Agents @Orion67 and @Thetoque helped by pointing out a couple key portals and adding multi hacks to them.
By late afternoon, I made my way North, driving over an hour to one of the anchors to the big field. I quickly took down the L4 portal, claimed and deployed a rare heat sink and rare multi hack. I managed to hack 10 keys on 12 hacks for one of the most strategic portals on the island (portal is on top of a small mountain with very spotty reception, very dark and desolate location, and with dangers of wild animals and fog). A couple checkpoints had passed and we were now slightly ahead due to @hagechobin's work, and our average was rising while the Resistance's dropped. I then traveled to the northernmost 3 portals on the island, stopping at a couple strategic locations on the way.
I made a set of fields, just before the 10 PM checkpoint. At that time, agent @SuperGenki was getting off work and asked how he could help. Waiting for a portal to cool down, I looked at Intel, and knowing this agent's willingness to travel, I noticed that it wouldn't be too difficult to get maximum coverage on Okinawa. @hagechobin and I began sending locations, 5 in all, that were either portals he needed a key for, portals from where to make links, or portals on which to use an ADA Refactor to clear the path for links
In one of the greatest displays of teamwork I have seen yet, @SuperGenki traveled 45 minutes to get a couple keys to a portal, 35 minutes to a key portal in order to make a field and gather keys, 15 minutes to capture a portal, complete a field, and acquire more keys, 5 minutes to @Poopsmith's house to receive a drop of ADA Refactors and Jarvis Viruses, 20 minutes to ADA 2 portals, 50 minutes to link to several portals and complete more fields, covering the central portion of the island, driving 20 minutes to ADA 2 more portals, then driving another 30 minutes to one of the southern anchors to set a base for the connecting fields, driving 25 minutes to the last portal necessary to connect the southern end of the island with the middle of the island.
While @SuperGenki did his driving, I drove 1 hour 20 minutes to the first portal he had visited, to cover the majority of the northern end of the island, then followed basically in the same path, minus stopping to ADA portals, connecting the middle of the island to the North.
We accomplished this by the 3 AM checkpoint, covering well over 700K MU that day, and without any prior planning.
We held the fields for a good 12 hours, then one anchor holding 4 fields was destroyed 2 hours before a checkpoint, which I managed to rebuild 2 minutes before the next checkpoint. The fields yielding the bulk of the MU (southern end, most populated area of the island) were eventually taken down completely on Monday, approximately 32 hours after completion. At our highest, our average was 207K MU and ended up winning the first cycle with an average of 188K to 5.7K.
The second cycle was not as impressive in the sense of building massive fields, but we held the Resistance down, and at one point, their average was 54 MU, finishing the cycle at 99K for the Enlightened to 1.4K for the Resistance. The current cycle is already headed in the same direction, currently averaging 200K to 1.1K.
#SitRep #MyCell #Ingress #Enlightened







Originally shared by Francisco Gaxiola (Ingress - Gax)
Hearing some of the complaints about the cells and how they divide some areas, here on the island of Okinawa, we count ourselves lucky because our 2200 Km² island is centered and completely included in one cell.
When the scoring started, the Resistance had held a pretty big field over an area of the island where nobody plays and the closest Enlightened agent is about an hour and 15 minute drive away. The first average we saw had the Resistance ahead 13k to 6.8k (last checkpoint at 7 AM on Saturday of a 4 day weekend for me, first noticed at 9:17 AM). I talked to my fellow Enlightened and we agreed that we could not die idly by and continue to let this happen.
We agreed that we would work in different areas to cover as much of the island as possible, and destroy the Resistance fields. I would the one who would travel to the northern end if the island and get rid of the Resistance's biggest field. Agent @hagechobin began working on the southern end of the island while I farmed keys in the middle of the island, planning to connect from the top. Agents @Orion67 and @Thetoque helped by pointing out a couple key portals and adding multi hacks to them.
By late afternoon, I made my way North, driving over an hour to one of the anchors to the big field. I quickly took down the L4 portal, claimed and deployed a rare heat sink and rare multi hack. I managed to hack 10 keys on 12 hacks for one of the most strategic portals on the island (portal is on top of a small mountain with very spotty reception, very dark and desolate location, and with dangers of wild animals and fog). A couple checkpoints had passed and we were now slightly ahead due to @hagechobin's work, and our average was rising while the Resistance's dropped. I then traveled to the northernmost 3 portals on the island, stopping at a couple strategic locations on the way.
I made a set of fields, just before the 10 PM checkpoint. At that time, agent @SuperGenki was getting off work and asked how he could help. Waiting for a portal to cool down, I looked at Intel, and knowing this agent's willingness to travel, I noticed that it wouldn't be too difficult to get maximum coverage on Okinawa. @hagechobin and I began sending locations, 5 in all, that were either portals he needed a key for, portals from where to make links, or portals on which to use an ADA Refactor to clear the path for links
In one of the greatest displays of teamwork I have seen yet, @SuperGenki traveled 45 minutes to get a couple keys to a portal, 35 minutes to a key portal in order to make a field and gather keys, 15 minutes to capture a portal, complete a field, and acquire more keys, 5 minutes to @Poopsmith's house to receive a drop of ADA Refactors and Jarvis Viruses, 20 minutes to ADA 2 portals, 50 minutes to link to several portals and complete more fields, covering the central portion of the island, driving 20 minutes to ADA 2 more portals, then driving another 30 minutes to one of the southern anchors to set a base for the connecting fields, driving 25 minutes to the last portal necessary to connect the southern end of the island with the middle of the island.
While @SuperGenki did his driving, I drove 1 hour 20 minutes to the first portal he had visited, to cover the majority of the northern end of the island, then followed basically in the same path, minus stopping to ADA portals, connecting the middle of the island to the North.
We accomplished this by the 3 AM checkpoint, covering well over 700K MU that day, and without any prior planning.
We held the fields for a good 12 hours, then one anchor holding 4 fields was destroyed 2 hours before a checkpoint, which I managed to rebuild 2 minutes before the next checkpoint. The fields yielding the bulk of the MU (southern end, most populated area of the island) were eventually taken down completely on Monday, approximately 32 hours after completion. At our highest, our average was 207K MU and ended up winning the first cycle with an average of 188K to 5.7K.
The second cycle was not as impressive in the sense of building massive fields, but we held the Resistance down, and at one point, their average was 54 MU, finishing the cycle at 99K for the Enlightened to 1.4K for the Resistance. The current cycle is already headed in the same direction, currently averaging 200K to 1.1K.
#SitRep #MyCell #Ingress #Enlightened







Comments
Post a Comment