"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
What is this?
ReplyDeleteNew feature in agent tab
ReplyDeleteHow do you do that?
ReplyDeleteNew feature in 1.45.1. I got the update and ran verification earlier today. Servers were slammed earlier, but looks like that's resolved. My verification succeeded around 1830 est.
ReplyDeleteGo to device and its in there.I had to restart my phone for the update.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley do you have any idea what the uses of the verification are going to be? There has been speculation as to what it will be used for?
ReplyDeleteYes
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I take it if you tell me , you'll have to kill me?
ReplyDeleteLets not go there chris meredith :)
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I was gonna give you 3# of applewood smoked bacon, and say you could tell me, but take out flint dille lol
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley NIA Ops theres a no draw over error in the new update that won't let my keyboard less phone use ingame chat thow I can still copy paste.
ReplyDeleteZak Cat I had that issue and restarted my phone it went away
ReplyDeleteYes
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley are you responding between bites?
ReplyDeleteYup, verified. Hope this leads to a reduction in bots and multiple accounts.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley what does this do for us exactly, to be 'trusted' vs not trusted? Ahhh...nm I see the question has been posed already and the static "If I told you I'd have to kill you" type of reaction was had. LOL ... man I need to start reading more!
ReplyDeleteCristie Poole put on yer readin glasses old lady :-)
ReplyDeleteI imagine it could be used to cut down on alternate accounts by players. The verification system requires a phone number, a person may only have two or three numbers which means if at some point they enforce verification all accounts that couldn't verify could be deactivated until they could. This means a person with a dozen accounts would only have say three now.
ReplyDeleteIf an account isn't activated in a certain period of time (like 6 months) they could then delete the account removing unused accounts, spoofing accounts, etc.
Apparently you can verify multiple accounts using a single phone number. Sooo... what exactly does this do?
ReplyDeleteToby Murray Not a clue, I would have assumed you could only verify one account to a number.
ReplyDeleteYou can verify using your Google Voice number. Which is good because I can't even remember by carrier number...
ReplyDeleteI used my number twice. My girlfriend plays on a tablet that doesnt get txt msg so just got the msg sent to my number twice and it worked fine.
ReplyDeleteIts the same verification that Google uses, is it not?
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I'm running 1.45.1 and it didn't verify?
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley never mind I just verified
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley I'd like to offer some constructive feedback on the verification process. During the setup, a player enters his/her number for SMS or Voice verification. The text entry box defaults the keyboard to standard text entry for entering the number. Maybe that can be changed to a number only field to prompt the numeric keypad instead? Same applies for the verification code text entry box. Thanks
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley
ReplyDelete, can you please suggest to visualize the verification state in another section of the ui? I'd like to have a tiny overlay on the avatar, but that's my personal taste. I think it is misplaced among the badges. Binary answer will suffice ;)
My answer is 'yes' btw, verified.