Off to work feeling happy. Mission accomplished


Off to work feeling happy. Mission accomplished
                                  Great story 

Originally shared by Victor Andino (AvatarXD)

And this is what I like most about Ingress. Too few modern games give you the adrenaline rush of old school games. Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Joe Philley, NIA Ops. This one does.

My Purifier badge #sitrep.

Thursday 2/13/14, 7am. I'm about to leave to take the kids to school. I have a free hour and a half afterwards before my first morning meeting, and am 24 resonators away from obtaining my Purifier badge. Only need 3 green portals to destroy. Seems straightforward and easy....

I check my battery, 17%. I look for my charger, I left it at the office. Damn!!! I find an old cable in my glove compartment and plug in my scanner. I lock it so it charges faster.

7:30am. Kids are at school. I check my scanner, its on. Old charger cable is damaged and is continuously connecting and disconnecting. It's drained my battery, I'm down to 10%! Frack!!!

It's ok, I just need 3 green portals. I open up intel map. It's not loading. No worries, I know this area. Can't waste battery life searching for portals, must rely on memory to position myself before unlocking my phone. There's a portal nearby that I think is still green. Battety at 9%, draining fast!! I lock my scanner and go directly to the portal.

I park near and walk into portal range... it's still green, but heavily decayed. Only one resonator left. I'm already here. 1 lvl8 burster kills it, I claim the portal and run.

My wife, calls. "Can't talk right now honey. No battery, no charger and 3 portals to go." Luckily she's a fellow agent. She knows my mission, and quickly hangs up.

There's two more portals very near that are heavily contested. I position myself in between both and unlock my LG. Battery check, 8%. Portals? Both blue, both mine. Hack and run.

There's a train station nearby and a church next to it. Usually green. I go for the train first. Battery check, 7%. Train is green, heavily shielded and linked. No time to waste using low level bursters. I fire off lvl 8s as quickly as possible. Portal is down. I claim it and move to the church.

Battery down to 6%, church portal is blue. Blood is rushing, heart beating rapidly. I might end up having to wait till night for my badge. I run. I can make it!!!

Nearest portal is an Enlightened player's home portal. If they deploy, I can make my badge there. If they recharge, I might end up wasting my remaining energy and failing my morning mission. If they do nothing, I'm 8 resonators closer. Those are good enough odds, I take the chance.

Battery is down to 5%. I get to the portal and start firing as quickly as possible. Portal is down, but I can't hang around. I deploy 1 resonator and block my scanner.

I just need to destroy 7 more resonators. I know where to go.

Now I'm stuck in a traffic jam en route to another contested portal. I resist the urge to unlock and check battery life. Minutes are ticking. Adrenaline pumping. Radio blasting, sweat trickling down my spine. I don't know if I'll make it.

Finally traffic lightens and i surge ahead. I get to another church and park. As soon as I'm in range I open the scanner. Battery at 4%. Portal is green, shielded and fully charged. I use a cube first, full energy, and start blasting with lvl 8s. Seconds seem like minutes. Firing delay seems longer than usual. I keep glancing at the battery meter with each blast. Portal xm creeps down ever so slowly... until finally, I see a bright 75Ap message appear. First resonator down, battery holding at 4%. Another resonator is destroyed, and another. Soon enough the portal is down. I quickly deploy 1 res and check agent stats.

Medal not appearing yet. I grow desperate. I wait, I force sync, i finish deploying, i hack, i accidentaly close the medal earned message. It is done!! A quick screenshot and I'm done. Off to work feeling happy. Mission acomplished.

My last remaining bronze medal is the recharger, and that is easily reached. Time to take it easy for a few weeks and rest. New missons await, but not for now.

#resistancepr #ingress #purifierbadge #resistance Iris Garcia

Comments

  1. Thanks Joe Philley that was cool. Well done Victor Andino for a entertaining report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many times I have run like a lunatic through my town just trying to conserve battery and get that one last task completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats why I now have a spare battery (with dock) for my S3 and an EasyAcc 12000 on standby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story.. And congrats on the silver purifier.. :) A 13,000mAh Anker from Amazon will let you play for 4 days strait...no worries about low or dead batteries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But with an anker you wouldn't have gotten the story ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert Hughes I took my easyacc to London for a day trip a couple of weeks ago and it easily did 7 phone charges. I don't know how we could cope without these devices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog