Hero's all in my book.
Hero's all in my book.
Originally shared by Vicki Ellen (mimtwin)
UK Sitrep for Artifact 8 - Codename - Past
After a busy weekend of speculation, decoding and strategising about Artifact #7, Norfolk resistance players regrouped to receive Shard #8 and assist in its journey to America. This is my part of the story, please see Walter van Rijswijk 's sitrep for more detail from the NL team.
https://plus.google.com/115002443937508012323/posts/MFqDY4LsBnc
18.00 Monday
The shard was due to spawn in Nuremberg. We heard from our hangouts that in order to work around pre-existing fields, the only way for Shard #8 to get out of Germany was to bounce it to the UK from Cuxhaven. Agents in Germany worked hard to clear a route. Agent @zorglubxx was making an epic 430 Km drive to Cuxhaven from the Netherlands to take keys from our coast to Cuxhaven. We could not let our friends in mainland Europe down.
Despite it being a Monday night, I assembled a posse of three level 8 players, myself, @Humanspida and @pugs. After collecting some donated virii and cubes from @rcmarkb and jarvis from @yoshi73, we headed to the coast at speed. There we waited at the seaside town of Cromer. We ate crisps in the pub, until it shut. Pugs smashed up everything green. Spida had a chinese. I nervously scanned hangouts and hacked extra keys.
12.01 Tuesday
The shard spawned. I resisted the temptation to upgrade portals and show up on intel. After the shard missed it's first jump, we tried to have a snooze in the car but it was no good, too much adrenaline. The town was deserted, you could hear the sea crashing against the rocks. The portal of choice a theatre at the end of a seaside pier dated 1902, and I had a walk up the pier in the cold to check out the storm damage.
02.00 Tuesday
We waited until our enemy was likely to be asleep before upgrading the portals. @pugs had to go home and I brought @humanspida back to Norwich too. Before starting the drive back to the coast, I popped into Asda for food and petrol, this was turning into a very long day and a lot of miles were still to be driven.
02.30 Tuesday
Frogs were still mobile and active in the county. I spotted that they had put rather a lot of fields up while we had been distracted,. Smashing them would be a fun thing to do, and a good way to test whether their tactician was awake. I smashed their fields at 2.59 before the 03.00 checkpoint. When this provoked no reaction on comms, I knew I was safe.
04.00 Tuesday
Drove as close as I could to the Pier, the portal of choice, and waited. The Shard jumped at 04.00, on a link by agent @micky from Cuxhaven. Incredible to see the Glyph circling one of my favourite portals, now it was game on. I scanned the surrounding area constantly, keeping watch for a certain pair of enlightened who like to travel to smash this area.
05.00 Tuesday
Some amusing hangout banter with agent Agent @Delta102 kept me feeling cheerful, awake and on task. @AKITAINU linked to the shard. "I'm linking it to Happisburgh next", he explained, "so you have to get there". I jarvissed the portal and smash off a res, ran back to the car and drove at speed to Hapisburgh which is 30 minutes away. There was a speed camera flash somewhere, we'll wait and see.
06.00 Tuesday
The shard arrived at St Mary's Church Happisburgh Church, a beautiful 15th century church which was bombed in the second world war. As dawn broke, I paced around the church trying to stay awake to protect the artifact - though attack seemed unlikely in such a peaceful place.
8.00 Tuesday
Sunshine spread across the church, as the NL agents had pulled the artifact back to the Netherlands. Agent @AKITAINU gave me the opportunity for an hours sleep, which I gladly took.
What time is it? What day is it?!
Waking up fairly confused, parked by the beautiful Happisburgh #Lighthouse , I stumbled into the house of agent @shires for some squash, tactics and snacks. First thing I did was to put both ankers, the phone and the chromebook on charge. We had a really intense but fun day of strategy, hangouts and chat, and also putting away the Tesco delivery.
Shard pong continued between our countries for another two hours, with extra tactics from @sophos9 and excellent intel from @rcmarkb before I had to go home. The fantastic news that #7 had left the country thanks to agent @hails**cypherion and team was a huge boost.
I was exhausted, exhilarated, and loved playing my part in this. Thanks to all that helped. Hearing this morning that the Artifacts made it to the USA was an amazing feeling.
#recursion #resistanceuk #artifact8
Rich P Alexander Courtness Mark Burgess Walter van Rijswijk Christian Vandendorpe Peter Verbaarschot Damjan Zivkovic Andy Vink David Rackham Joe Philley Lucy Shires David Baker Gilles WEBER Brandon Badger Joe Philley Hayley Rogers Rob K Keith Milner














Originally shared by Vicki Ellen (mimtwin)
UK Sitrep for Artifact 8 - Codename - Past
After a busy weekend of speculation, decoding and strategising about Artifact #7, Norfolk resistance players regrouped to receive Shard #8 and assist in its journey to America. This is my part of the story, please see Walter van Rijswijk 's sitrep for more detail from the NL team.
https://plus.google.com/115002443937508012323/posts/MFqDY4LsBnc
18.00 Monday
The shard was due to spawn in Nuremberg. We heard from our hangouts that in order to work around pre-existing fields, the only way for Shard #8 to get out of Germany was to bounce it to the UK from Cuxhaven. Agents in Germany worked hard to clear a route. Agent @zorglubxx was making an epic 430 Km drive to Cuxhaven from the Netherlands to take keys from our coast to Cuxhaven. We could not let our friends in mainland Europe down.
Despite it being a Monday night, I assembled a posse of three level 8 players, myself, @Humanspida and @pugs. After collecting some donated virii and cubes from @rcmarkb and jarvis from @yoshi73, we headed to the coast at speed. There we waited at the seaside town of Cromer. We ate crisps in the pub, until it shut. Pugs smashed up everything green. Spida had a chinese. I nervously scanned hangouts and hacked extra keys.
12.01 Tuesday
The shard spawned. I resisted the temptation to upgrade portals and show up on intel. After the shard missed it's first jump, we tried to have a snooze in the car but it was no good, too much adrenaline. The town was deserted, you could hear the sea crashing against the rocks. The portal of choice a theatre at the end of a seaside pier dated 1902, and I had a walk up the pier in the cold to check out the storm damage.
02.00 Tuesday
We waited until our enemy was likely to be asleep before upgrading the portals. @pugs had to go home and I brought @humanspida back to Norwich too. Before starting the drive back to the coast, I popped into Asda for food and petrol, this was turning into a very long day and a lot of miles were still to be driven.
02.30 Tuesday
Frogs were still mobile and active in the county. I spotted that they had put rather a lot of fields up while we had been distracted,. Smashing them would be a fun thing to do, and a good way to test whether their tactician was awake. I smashed their fields at 2.59 before the 03.00 checkpoint. When this provoked no reaction on comms, I knew I was safe.
04.00 Tuesday
Drove as close as I could to the Pier, the portal of choice, and waited. The Shard jumped at 04.00, on a link by agent @micky from Cuxhaven. Incredible to see the Glyph circling one of my favourite portals, now it was game on. I scanned the surrounding area constantly, keeping watch for a certain pair of enlightened who like to travel to smash this area.
05.00 Tuesday
Some amusing hangout banter with agent Agent @Delta102 kept me feeling cheerful, awake and on task. @AKITAINU linked to the shard. "I'm linking it to Happisburgh next", he explained, "so you have to get there". I jarvissed the portal and smash off a res, ran back to the car and drove at speed to Hapisburgh which is 30 minutes away. There was a speed camera flash somewhere, we'll wait and see.
06.00 Tuesday
The shard arrived at St Mary's Church Happisburgh Church, a beautiful 15th century church which was bombed in the second world war. As dawn broke, I paced around the church trying to stay awake to protect the artifact - though attack seemed unlikely in such a peaceful place.
8.00 Tuesday
Sunshine spread across the church, as the NL agents had pulled the artifact back to the Netherlands. Agent @AKITAINU gave me the opportunity for an hours sleep, which I gladly took.
What time is it? What day is it?!
Waking up fairly confused, parked by the beautiful Happisburgh #Lighthouse , I stumbled into the house of agent @shires for some squash, tactics and snacks. First thing I did was to put both ankers, the phone and the chromebook on charge. We had a really intense but fun day of strategy, hangouts and chat, and also putting away the Tesco delivery.
Shard pong continued between our countries for another two hours, with extra tactics from @sophos9 and excellent intel from @rcmarkb before I had to go home. The fantastic news that #7 had left the country thanks to agent @hails**cypherion and team was a huge boost.
I was exhausted, exhilarated, and loved playing my part in this. Thanks to all that helped. Hearing this morning that the Artifacts made it to the USA was an amazing feeling.
#recursion #resistanceuk #artifact8
Rich P Alexander Courtness Mark Burgess Walter van Rijswijk Christian Vandendorpe Peter Verbaarschot Damjan Zivkovic Andy Vink David Rackham Joe Philley Lucy Shires David Baker Gilles WEBER Brandon Badger Joe Philley Hayley Rogers Rob K Keith Milner














Comments
Post a Comment