Great road trip!!!!

Great road trip!!!!

Originally shared by Ruth Shepherd

Ingress Road Trip AAR: #GettysburgOrBust  

Last Tuesday, April 22nd, agent @itsasmallgirl(Amanda Day ) and myself embarked on a week-long #ingressroadtrip from Jacksonville, FL to Washington, DC. We ended in Gettysburg, PA where we got to take part in an epic build of 737 PL8s with around 100 #Resistance  agents, a fantastic apex to our roadtrip. 

We met agents and played in: 
outside of Charleston, SC
Charlotte, NC
Greensboro, NC
Richmond, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Washington, DC and the surrounding area (yay hippos!)
Frederick, MD
Gettysburg, PA
Roanoke, VA
Blacksburg, VA

I learned how to rely on the kindness of Ingressers and be completely reliant on outside help (thanks again for coming to our rescue, Adrian Michael Nida , and countless other agents who gave us the tour of their town or helped us out in some small (but big to us) way... Brian Davids , Maya Davis , Kelly Baysden (love you!), Kevin Hagan , Robby L (love you also!)...okay, love you all. 
I got to do the 'artifact tour' and meet many of the agents we'd worked with remotely and had only heard before on Zello. 
I got to play in Blacksburg, VA with one of the most friendly Ingress communities I've ever met -- thank you ENL and RES both for the warm greetings!
Built and farmed in some of the most incredible communities and farms I've ever seen (thank you Richmond agents for coming out and allowing me to hang with you guys!!)
I got to 'capture' the White House and see it turn to PL8 (it gave me a Jarvis!). Thank you hippos for inviting us out!
Walked over 40 miles in downtown DC over 4 days (my blisters had blisters!) in order to take it all in. 
Won a bet saying I could beat Pedro Owsik in unique portal visits (1884 in 4 days!) Special thanks to Samantha Mancini and Andrew Mancini for staying up all night with me on that last push to gain over 500 uniques in one night! Also, to Daniel Silver and Nikolas Moore who ran intel for us... as well as the locals who saw us on comms and helped us out! 
Met some really good friends for the first time
Goofed around a lot. 
Drove over mountains and through clouds
Submitted my first benchmark portal at the tidal basin in Washington, DC
Followed Civil War history through Gettysburg and country roads in Virginia

You know what? This was all because of Ingress and the amazing community that has sprung from it. 

Thank you, everyone. I had so much fun. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks